PDA

View Full Version : Wtf?

Darth Marsden
02-10-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but for a while I had Currently Playing: Pariah in my sig. That's gone now (and replaced with Advent Rising, which I'm giving another chance), because I've finished it.

The point is, it is, quite literally, the ONLY game where I've had to use Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pariah_%28computer_game%29) in order to understand what the f**k was going on. And that makes me very sad indeed.

The game itself was pretty good, if short - I finished it in around three days of on-and-off playing - but the plot was just nonsensical. You're told basically nothing, and what gets said in cutscenes is so quiet you can barely understand it. To quote from the Wiki:

Pariah notably omits to explain key background information about the plot and the in-game universe from the player, and thus much of the story progresses without any context or background for the player to identify with. Even at the end of the game, many key plot points remain largely unexplained, leaving it up to the player to conjecture as to what really happened.
And the ending was a real 'WTF?!?' experience. Digital Extremes really aren't ones for plot.

So... anyone else had anything similar?

g.iaroos
02-12-2007, 06:29 PM
I enjoy games and movies with complicated plots. Complicated plots not meaning MISSING plots though :P. Seems like the storyboard team screwed on this one.