PDA

View Full Version : So what if . . .

phattonez
02-09-2007, 08:51 AM
you use deoderant, you see the label that says "if rash develops discontinue use immediately," and you get a rash? Does that mean that you can never use deoderant again? I did kind of enjoy using it, but right now it doesn't seem worth it.

Gerudo
02-09-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm sure it's an ingredient-specific thing (the white powdery stuff vs the gel-stuff). you can use old spice, but if a rash develops, i'm sure you can use like speed stick or w/e...

I'm surprised to see this thread because i have a very minor rash because of the deodorant i use... i need to find my other stick, as i always have 2 different kinds.

i would rather deal with a small amount of irritation rather than stink to high hell... :sick:

phattonez
02-09-2007, 09:41 AM
I just wish that it was a small irritation. The itching gets bad for me. I like the smell of Old Spice, but for some reason it gets to me . . . and it's hard to find deodorant that's not anti-antiperspirant today.

AtmaWeapon
02-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Sometimes the particular deodorant/anti-antiperspirant can cause a reaction, so the appropriate response to developing a rash is to try another brand.

In fact, the cause can be even more innocent. I read a marketing study in a Reader's Digest one time about how they sent the group of participants a sample of deodorant and was asked to fill out a survey about irritation and satisfaction with the deodorant. Each person received the same deodorant packaged in one of three containers: one with circles, one with squares, one with triangles. The recipients of the triangle deodorant reported significantly higher rates of irritation than recipients of the circle deodorant.

Gerudo
02-10-2007, 03:35 AM
i've gone to using the spray's, like AXE. it wears off after a while, but if i can smell good for at least part of the day with no irritation, then woohoo for that.

Shyvus
02-10-2007, 12:12 PM
i've gone to using the spray's, like AXE. it wears off after a while, but if i can smell good for at least part of the day with no irritation, then woohoo for that.

...Axe is so disgusting. I don't understand why anyone uses it.

If you get a rash, you're allergic to something in it, so use something else. Don't suffer to smell pretty.

phattonez
02-10-2007, 12:56 PM
The thing I don't understand is, why could I use it irritation free for about a year and then out of nowhere I get a rash.

AtmaWeapon
02-10-2007, 02:10 PM
The thing I don't understand is, why could I use it irritation free for about a year and then out of nowhere I get a rash.Sometimes allergies are developed. There is a fairly popular antibiotic that I took when I got a sinus infection for about 8 years with no incident, but one day I took it and broke out in hives all over my body. My mom always tells me about some study (I've never seen proof of it so I present it as anecdotal) that claims your body chemistry makes major changes every 8-10 years so if that is true that is what I blame.

Also AXE is the smell of desperation in a can. Heavy perfumes will do more to repel people than they will do to attract them. Smell is a sense that has a powerful effect on a person's thoughts and feelings towards you, and nothing says "I have been very unsuccessful at attracting a mate" than when every woman in the room can tell if you've been there some time in the past two hours. ESPECIALLY if she can recognize you are wearing the cheapest perfume in the world. Get yourself a bottle of real cologne and put just a little bit on; if you yourself can tell you are wearing it you have too much on and worst case scenario the lady you pick up will have to abort the date early because her eyes are popping out of her head due to sinus pressure from allergy attacks.

This is a true story; sometimes I walk into rooms and all I smell is cologne from some dude that thinks it is soap and within 10 minutes I have a headache; surely women don't find that attractive.

MrCow
02-11-2007, 12:14 AM
i cant use Stick deodorant because of irritation, so i use right guard gel and have never had any problems with it

Rainman
02-11-2007, 06:03 PM
I got a rash at one point from deodorant. Turns out I was using too much. :shrug: Once I decreased my amount of swipes the problem went away.