PDA

View Full Version : A few things I think be neccessary...

Revfan9
02-07-2007, 01:05 PM
These aren't, by any means features, but are more suggestions. In no particular order of importance...

1. For the quest integrity check, on the side of warps, please make sure it only lists the screens that have warp combos on them. There are 136 screens on every map, and at most 30 of them will use a warp. So this means that the quest maker has to spend hours going through every last screen on the list to make absolutely sure, even longer for a quest like HoD with 50+ maps.

2. Please, please make there be some way to import an ASM script as an item script! ZQ internally converts Zscript to Zasm when a Zscript is imported as an item script, so it should be just a matter of adding that option to the GUI.

3. You can either get "Enhanced Music" working or you can take it off as an option, but don't leave it there teasing us. This was suppossed to be working what, beta 9? Same for all of the features you don't plan on finishing before 2.5

4. More than 3 "unused" combo types please... There need to be at least 8 free combo types to use that can interact with our item scripts. Not really needed, but for simplicity, can there also be some way to change the name of these 8 combos?

5. Same thing as 4, but with flags!

6. Since we can put "Names" on Zasm and Zscripts now, can the drop down box on FFCs show the script name instead of the slot number? Right now, it's just too easy (especially when you have 100+ scripts) to get which script is what mixed up.

7. Please make there be some way to remove a password from a quest, as opening the "change password" dialouge and leaving it blank doesn't work (might be a bug). SO useful for releasing tilesets...

8. This can wait until after 2.5, but perhaps a quest rule of "New Palettes" that lets us change out csets 0-11, instead of just 2,3,4, and 9? Makes the 256 color system much more flexible...

Saffith
02-07-2007, 01:20 PM
2. Please, please make there be some way to import an ASM script as an item script! ZQ internally converts Zscript to Zasm when a Zscript is imported as an itemIt was just overlooked, I'm sure. I'll add that in.

6. Since we can put "Names" on Zasm and Zscripts now, can the drop down box on FFCs show the script name instead of the slot number? Right now, it's just too easy (especially when you have 100+ scripts) to get which script is what mixed up.Yeah, I've been meaning to get around to that. Probably not that hard to do.

7. Please make there be some way to remove a password from a quest, as opening the "change password" dialouge and leaving it blank doesn't work (might be a bug). SO useful for releasing tilesets...Hm. Yeah, that does sound like a bug. Odd behavior, in any case. Again, shouldn't be too hard to change.