PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate those scratchy tags in your shirt?

cbailey78
02-04-2007, 08:48 PM
You know those scratchy tags in your back of your shirt that scratching your neck all the time? You would have to tear those tags out just to rip a big hole in your shirt! I hate those things and those tags have sharp edges that feels like a fillet knife. Why would these manufacturers make clothing that would allow those scratchy tags that would irritate people?

{DSG}DarkRaven
02-04-2007, 09:02 PM
I hate those things and those tags have sharp edges that feels like a fillet knife.

If you'd like, I can show you what a fillet knife really feels like. I guarantee, you'll stop complaining.

Also, most of my shirts are tagless. Modern marvel, yeah?

Thunderbird
02-04-2007, 09:02 PM
I have a lot of tagless shirts...but the ones with tags don't really bother me.

biggiy05
02-04-2007, 09:24 PM
You know those scratchy tags in your back of your shirt that scratching your neck all the time? You would have to tear those tags out just to rip a big hole in your shirt! I hate those things and those tags have sharp edges that feels like a fillet knife. Why would these manufacturers make clothing that would allow those scratchy tags that would irritate people?

Maybe if you lived in a cave you wouldn't be annoyed by toys, batteries, and shirts with tags.

A lot of shirts now a days are tag less but have it imprinted on the back. Half of mine don't have tags. You can always cut it off.

Yoshiman
02-04-2007, 09:53 PM
All of my casual shirts have tags, but their usually made out of the same material and don't bother me at all. But most of my shirts have collars on them, and those usually bother a lot of people. :p

{DSG}DarkRaven
02-04-2007, 10:34 PM
A lot of shirts now a days are tag less but have it imprinted on the back. Half of mine don't have tags. You can always cut it off.

NO! You can't cut off tags! Tags are what keep machine dryers from eating articles of clothing. Modern tagless clothes employ nanotechnology to fend off their endless hunger, but tagged clothing won't stand a chance if it's been circumcised. Why do you think socks are always disappearing?

AtmaWeapon
02-05-2007, 01:00 AM
Most of the shirts I wear have tags and I haven't had troubles with an itchy tag in years. Maybe you are just buying really cheap shirts or something?

Actually the worst thing I have is a pair of khakis that has this weird liner sewed around the waist and if you do not tuck your shirt in it digs into your flesh but that is not a tag.

Rainman
02-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Why is General Discussion turning into an outlet for bad standup comedy bits?

ShadowTiger
02-05-2007, 10:30 AM
...and sarcastic digs at people...

The tag varies. Sometimes it doesn't bother you at all, and sometimes you'll find yourself with very existent itchy red welts in your neck at the end of the week. Very possible.

ZTC
02-05-2007, 11:44 AM
I haven't had a shirt like that for years

I smell post whoring...

AtmaWeapon
02-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Why is General Discussion turning into an outlet for bad standup comedy bits?Yeah and WHAT IS THE DEAL with airline food?

Cheer up brah last week there were 1 threads active in GBS.

Glenn the Great
02-05-2007, 12:19 PM
I often cut the tags on mine.

Brasel
02-05-2007, 01:05 PM
I bought a pack of "tagless" white undershirts once, and those fuckers put the tags on the side seam of the shirt rather than the collar. Assholes.

Darth Marsden
02-06-2007, 04:41 AM
What you have to do (if possible) is trim the tags down so there's hardly any left, and then pull the remainder through the stitching. It's tricky, but oh-so-satisfying when you pull it off.

{DSG}DarkRaven
02-06-2007, 01:56 PM
What you have to do (if possible) is trim the tags down so there's hardly any left, and then pull the remainder through the stitching. It's tricky, but oh-so-satisfying when you pull it off.

You mean like peeling a kiwi fruit? That's more satisfying, because you get to eat your work at the end of that, at least.

You should just buy tagless. Cutting tags out makes you look like a hobo if anyone notices. Almost as bad as having your initials written on the tag.

biggiy05
02-06-2007, 04:29 PM
You mean like peeling a kiwi fruit? That's more satisfying, because you get to eat your work at the end of that, at least.

You should just buy tagless. Cutting tags out makes you look like a hobo if anyone notices. Almost as bad as having your initials written on the tag.

What are you trying to say? Just because I write my initials on the tags of my shirts for fear of someone stealing it I'm a hobo?

How rude. /sarcasm

Shyvus
02-06-2007, 06:31 PM
The more you wash it and wear it, the less it will itch.

Otherwise, just trim it close to the collar.

{DSG}DarkRaven
02-06-2007, 11:25 PM
What are you trying to say? Just because I write my initials on the tags of my shirts for fear of someone stealing it I'm a hobo?

Forgive me, I don't really buy expensive shirts, and if someone is so desperate as to steal a shirt from me, honestly, they can keep it. But then again, if you had an expensive shirt, would you still write your initials in it?