PDA

View Full Version : Batteries NOT included!

cbailey78
02-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Hey! I have another question that gets me too. Why do companies make electronic toys batteries not included? I don't understand that.

Pineconn
02-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Because it's cheaper that way. It makes it look like their product is slightly cheaper than those with batteries, so people will buy the cheaper one.

AtmaWeapon
02-04-2007, 08:19 PM
1) Batteries are relatively expensive, and if they were included the cost would be passed along to you. Next time you manage to pick up something that includes batteries, take a look at them. Odds are you will never see that brand of batteries again. When you do get batteries odds are you're going to get a buddy brand so who cares?

2) Sometimes when batteries are kept in storage for a long time bad things happen. I've had some old batteries start to leak, and I know a lot of manuals I've read recommend removing the batteries anytime your device will be in storage for a month or so. So leaving the batteries in while the item is on the shelf is probably a bad idea.

2.5) Batteries have an expiration date. Sure, you and I wouldn't be too angry if we waited a while to buy something and its batteries had expired and weren't worth 10 minutes anymore, but some jerk out there would get angry and cause a ruckus over it.

Pineconn
02-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Heh, I left dead batteries in my 2.5-octave Casio keyboard for a year. When I opened the cover, there was a thick layer of white stuff. I'm never doing that again.

AtmaWeapon
02-05-2007, 01:02 AM
Heh, I left dead batteries in my 2.5-octave Casio keyboard for a year. When I opened the cover, there was a thick layer of white stuff. I'm never doing that again.I don't think the batteries were the problem there young man ahahahaha

Pineconn
02-05-2007, 03:12 AM
................Yeah, I deserved that. :sweat:

........:)

But really, we leave batteries (NOT dead, mind you) in all our electronic devices and they're fine, except for my battery-powered lantern. They tend to corrode in it. Which reminds me, I better check to see if they're out!

Questwizard88
02-05-2007, 04:32 AM
I've hardly ever had anything like that happen. I've even had the same batteries in my GBA without using it for months and they still worked without problems.

ZTC
02-05-2007, 11:50 AM
I've had batteries corrode on me a few times, sometimes turning into a nasty goo... but then again, that was years ago.