PDA

View Full Version : Confusing parts of Twilight Princess

Pineconn
02-04-2007, 03:24 PM
I created this thread for the sole purpose of straightening out the confusing parts of Twilight Princess.

1. Death Mountain?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/death.png

Maybe I'm stupid, but I could not understand what this is supposed to be. Death Mountain? Death Mountain Crater? Spectacle Rock? Or just an active volcano of Death Mountain? Also, I couldn't tell what it is even supposed to look like. Is the orange part lava pouring down the side, or is it the inside of the volcano?

2. Lanayru's Cut Scene

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/cutscene.png

Face it, no one understood this cut scene the first time they played it. I beat the game three times, and it's still slightly confusing. So why did the three Dark Links eliminate the green Link, and one of the Dark Links took the appearance of the green one?

Also, there are three Dark Links. The cut scene goes on to explain that their powers were contained in the Fused Shadows. Then why are there four Fused Shadows; the three you collect and the one on Midna's head?

Anyone else have any questions about this game?

vegeta1215
02-04-2007, 07:13 PM
1. Yeah, it's Death Mountain, which has an active volcano in it.

2. I found this confusing at first too - they could've made it much more clear.

In the cut scene Link and Ilia represent ordinary Hylians who were drawn to the power of the Triforce. The desire to possess this Golden Power was so strong that it turned Hylians against one another in attempts to retrieve it (hence Link killing Ilia in the cut scene) As for thehe three shadow Links, they just represent three Twili mages, who sought to control the power of the Triforce before they were imprisoned.

So why four Fused Shadows? Four is the magic number ;) There are four Guardian Spirits though, but only three of them hold Fused Shadows because Midna already has one of them.

Pineconn
02-04-2007, 07:34 PM
1. Then why are the areas similar to Death Mountain Trail and Goron City called Death Mountain? If you ask me, they definitely should have called that area Death Mountain Trail.

2. Whoa, Link killed Ilia? I missed that! I should find the video on YouTube and watch it over and over. So, that makes more sense. The multiple Links are used to simply represent everything that was going on. Thanks for that!

vegeta1215
02-04-2007, 10:19 PM
In that weird cut scene you're talking about, watch the part where Link is standing next to Ilia. They both have this weird look in their eyes and then you see Ilia clutching a dagger, like she's about to stab Link. Next you see Link running towards the Triforce and Ilia's dagger on the floor next to Link's sword (presumably Link stops her from stabbing him and stabs her instead - at least that's my take on it)

The weirder part is afterwards where there's all those Ilia's laughing and Link has that creepy look on his face.

Pineconn
02-04-2007, 11:24 PM
That doesn't necessarily mean the Link killed the Ilia... But you're right, they sure could have made it less confusing.

My favorite cut scene is the one where Midna explains how she was transformed into the imp shape. Especially when Midna finds the Fused Shadow and her face turns dark and possessed with the corrupt grin. I love it.

vegeta1215
02-05-2007, 01:00 AM
Here ya go: http://youtube.com/watch?v=cKO1SxGg1X0

I'm pretty sure that's what happens between Link and Ilia in that cut scene. I have to re-watch the one you're talking about with Midna. I do remember that grin though, it was creepy too. My favorite though is when she turns back into her normal shape. I mean c'mon... she's hot! And that line she delivers is priceless.

Pineconn
02-05-2007, 02:14 AM
True, true. :rolleyes: I also like how she still boasts a wry, pushy attitude. "Well, why are you just standing there?" Great stuff.

What is unfortunate about one of the action scenes of the game is when the Gerudo fortress (OoT's Gerudo's Fortress, anyone?) is burning down and you have to use the boar to bust out. I mean, there is absolutely no danger since you can't die there! At least you die in the burning of Barnes' Warehouse and the Great Bridge of Hylia (in my second play-through, just to see if you would die ;)). But nothing happens in the Gerudo one. That kind of sucks.

Orion
02-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Yeah I don't know exactly what was up with the art design behind the Death Mountain backdrop. Even if it is an active volcanoe, it doesn't look anything like one. It loooks like a giant round ball that's about to pop. It's just completely out of place from anything else in the scenery.

Pineconn
02-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Exactly, I couldn't have put it better myself. My personal opinion is that it was added during the end of development, since if you zoom in on it, you'll see that some of the stringy parts are floating. It still looks impressive and powerful, but out of place. Just like the Great Bay Temple in MM. I can't tell what it's even supposed to look like from the outside, it's just a blob of brown with a small hurricane around it.