PDA

View Full Version : Why do electronic toys require a screwdriver...

cbailey78
02-03-2007, 08:00 PM
I have a question, Why do kids electronic toys require a screwdriver to change the batteries? that question always interests me. Another thing, When you try to open the toy packaging, you get alot of those twist ties, screwed on holders. that interests me too. It seems that it's so hard to open a toy packages these days!

Majora
02-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Back in the day, when toys were simply "in" the box, people would steal them, since the alarm thingy at the exits would ring if they scanned a bar code that that stores computer had it as "unregistered", the toys themselves had no codes, only the boxes that they were taken out of.:naughty:

Same thing goes for the batteries, people would steal them.:naughty:

At least thats my theory.:googly: :D

MottZilla
02-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Theft is probably part of it. That and it's really cheap to make things a pain in the ass to open so they do it. Don't you like that hard plastic never meant to open that things like SD memory cards come in?

Tygore
02-03-2007, 08:32 PM
My guess about the batteries is so young kids don't take them out and try to eat them.

The_Amaster
02-03-2007, 09:01 PM
What kid would be big enough to eat a attery, yet still young enough to, well, eat a battery?
I mean, a kid has to be pretty big to swallow a whole battery, and have it actually fit down the throat.

Soon all toys will be encased in solid lucite, and we will have no choice but to go at them with a blowtorch. That's my theory, anyway.

Tygore
02-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Not eat it as in swallow it whole, but imagine a kid who's teething getting a hold on a battery, then chewing on it until it breaks? And you'd be surprised what some kids can (try to) swallow.

biggiy05
02-03-2007, 09:24 PM
What kid would be big enough to eat a attery, yet still young enough to, well, eat a battery?

Willing to bet this kid could.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10559027/

redmage777
02-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Yes, small childern may attempt to eat the batteries, The primarry concern is that this poses a choking hazard, as well as electricuting and poisoning risks.

phattonez
02-03-2007, 09:52 PM
http://static.flickr.com/22/30143070_4430d117d1_m.jpg

Baby . . . must . . . eat . . . shiny thing.

cbailey78
02-04-2007, 12:29 AM
Don't you like that hard plastic never meant to open that things like SD memory cards come in?

OH YES! You NAILED it there with me!:D I do HATE those hard plastic packaging that would take you ALL DAY to open them!!! I would bet in the future they will make STRONG IRON casing instead of plastic casing that would require you to to use an expensive plasma cutter to open them!

Cloral
02-04-2007, 03:22 AM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20020930h.gif

Glenn the Great
02-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Little children love batteries. I was a great example of this. Ever since I discovered around age 2 or 3 that touching a battery's terminals to your tongue produces orgasmic sensations, I was always stealing off with 9 Volts and button cells and suckling on them for hours on end, much to my mother's dismay when she found out.

moocow
02-04-2007, 11:52 AM
I have a question, Why do kids electronic toys require a screwdriver to change the batteries? that question always interests me. Another thing, When you try to open the toy packaging, you get alot of those twist ties, screwed on holders. that interests me too. It seems that it's so hard to open a toy packages these days!

My little boy got some toys for Christmas that were SCREWED INTO THE BOX. For real. I wanted to scream.