PDA

View Full Version : Second Quests

tharsis26
02-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Maybe someone has already adressed this, but, how do you make a second quest? When I beat my game my character loses all his hearts and rings, but keeps his items and triforce pieces. Obviously there must be a way to edit the starting conditions of the character after the quest has been finished. I want the game to start link in a new overworld when you select the character after you have completed the quest. Can anyone help?

Dart Zaidyer
02-03-2007, 05:46 PM
As far as I know, there has never been a way to do a Second Quest based off a custom quest. The "quest number" field in the header information is more or less pointless.

In 2.5, it might be possible to send Link to another DMap for a custom "you win" sequence, then when it's over, send him past a script that will remove everything he has (but only once). By using "continue here" settings, you can effectively trap Link in a new Second Quest world.

Joe123
02-04-2007, 09:00 AM
If you call your first quest '1.qst' and your second quest '2.qst', and give them quest numbers one and two respectively, I think it works in the way the original first and second quests do.

Nicholas Steel
02-04-2007, 09:40 AM
but only if you overwrite the original quests and set these up to not be custom quests.

tharsis26
02-06-2007, 12:47 AM
Sounds interesting, I will give it a try, thanks!

Bull Bizard
02-08-2007, 11:37 AM
send him past a script that will remove everything he has (but only once).

We can do that ?? :confused:

Can you explain this with more details please ?