PDA

View Full Version : Signatures (Not forum sigs, written.)

Kry
02-03-2007, 01:40 AM
Do written signatures have to be both first and last name? Mostly wondering about signatures on important documents. This is becuase even though I'm 19, I really never practiced my signature, thus it has become the most ugly mix of 4 year olds handwriting and the cursive they taught you in grade school. I'm hoping to improve it by practicing, but it would be alot easier if I only had to write my first name.

Tygore
02-03-2007, 02:00 AM
Yes, you will need both names. I doubt that the bank is going to accept too many checks endorsed simply by Bob.

g.iaroos
02-03-2007, 09:33 AM
You can just sign whatever you damn please. Seriously. People checking for signature will only check if they concord. My dad uses LP (his initials) and he signs them with so much loops and curves that you can barely know what is written. It's just pretty XD

Brasel
02-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Dude, since I've joined the army, I've had to sign so many documents that my signature now resembles something a doctor would have. You can't read it at all and it only takes me like a second to sign anything. I remember at when I first started signing things, I tried my hardest to make it legible. You fall out of that real quick when you have ten documents in front of you that need signing.

biggiy05
02-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Like Anthony said, when you have more than two or three papers that need signed you just start scribbling. Working on the dock at work and having to sign off for the truck drivers and when I was at the fire dept I felt like I was signing my soul away when we transported someone to the hospital.

As long as there is something there and it looks something like a signature nobody cares. You can make out the A and maybe the E in my whole name.

Deviance
02-03-2007, 11:02 AM
I usually use my full name. I do some sloppy ass job when I write mine because I don't think they would really care what it looks like.

Shyvus
02-03-2007, 11:52 AM
I used to sign my full name. Legibly.

Then I went to college and had to sign about 30 forms in a day.

My siggy is now a semi-legible rendition of my first initial and the first three letters of my last name. 9 letters shorter, Way cooler looking.

Yoshiman
02-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Our art teacher has us sign and date our works. I tend to have a "Hollywood" or "doctor" type signature. You can barely make out the C and Cl in mine. :p I think if you have a consistent style, it doesn't really matter if you can read it or not.

BTW, mine looks a lot like a 2nd grader's cursive, too. >_> My regular writing has a bit of distinct style, but my cursive is pretty bad.

Rainman
02-03-2007, 01:13 PM
My signature is mostly just squiggles with a few loops thrown in more or less where they should be.

phattonez
02-03-2007, 01:25 PM
My signature says T Fernandez, but there's no letter that you can recognize besides a cursive "z".

AtmaWeapon
02-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Signatures are supposed to be horrible looking; the first few times you are going to be all careful and make sure that everything looks right and then after you've signed about 4 documents you'll start to get a little more rushed. Years later there may be 3 or 4 letters recognizable in your entire signature.

It's pretty much the reason why documents where it is important for people to know whose signature is on the paper look like so:

ZTC
02-05-2007, 11:36 AM
My signature is still ledgeable for stuff that I have to sign, and for stuff that isn't that important, I just print my initials. :shrug:

Master Ghaleon
02-08-2007, 11:34 PM
I sign invoices with the following names, my handwriting is bad. -

Captain Crunch
Turd Ferguson
John Madden
Clyde McDoogle
Muffin Man
George Jetson

and more lol

I just think of a name and write it in. They dont care.

Pineconn
02-08-2007, 11:48 PM
Argh, I hate my signature. It takes me, like, 10 seconds to write it. I wish I had a name like Ed Ames.

Too bad I weren't a doctor, then I would make a squiggled line. ;)

Modus Ponens
02-09-2007, 12:52 AM
Too bad I weren't a doctor, then I would make a squiggled line. ;)

Yep, that's the biggest perk about becoming a doctor--crappy signature. All that stuff about high salaries and helping people and public recognition, that's all by the wayside. It's all about signing your "name" so that nobody can read it.

I dislike my signature. When I'm supposed to write my name, say, on something for school, it looks fine, and I do it quickly, and it's nice and unique and so forth. But when the line I'm writing on says "SIGNATURE" beneath it, suddenly I'm a total tool and I can't write worth shit. Someday I'll fix it.