PDA

View Full Version : Main Site

War Lord
02-01-2007, 05:35 PM
I have gotten the main site situated to where I want it I think.
We will offer articles and reviews on Nintendo systems, preferably older systems.

Any user is welcome to submit a review, and all reviews will be moderated by me, until I get a couple people to go through them as well.

I won't have a chance to start fine tuning things until I get back home later this evening, at which point I will also fix the classic black theme, and fine tune the Nintendo theme a bit.

My next point of focus will be on the ZC web site. If anyone could get ahold of Wild Bill for me at PureZC, I would appreciate it, as I have tried recently to no avail. I can be reached either via Pm here or on AIM at WarLordAG.

Nicholas Steel
02-01-2007, 06:39 PM
http://www.armageddongames.net/

doesn't work for me if that is where the site is situated.

mikeron
02-01-2007, 09:25 PM
http://www.armageddongames.net/

doesn't work for me if that is where the site is situated.

That message is confusing. ESL for developers, please.

ShadowTiger
02-01-2007, 10:15 PM
This is probably completely off topic, but still concerning. The time is now 9:14 PM Eastern time on February first, 2007, (yadda yadda...) And on the online list, I'm seeing a lot of http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/images/statusicon/wol_lockedout.gif icons on the side of many peoples' names. Some members, some staff. They're apparently locked out. Why is this happening? O.o'

EDIT: One of these people was able to view the site from a proxy. I'm sure there's a good explanation for this...

vegeta1215
02-01-2007, 10:27 PM
If there an option in the User CP to have the sidebar disabled when I log in? I know I can disabled it manually, but I'd like to do it permanently.

Also, some small bugs to report:
- With the vBulletin skin, the "Log Out" link at the top right corner of the page doesn't work right. Upon clicking it I always get a page saying "An error has occured, please click here to logout". Looks like it's just calling the wrong link or is missing some values, I remember this happening in the past.
- The "Add Infraction" and "Multi-quote this message" buttons are missing. I remember these were missing from Classic Black too.

Pineconn
02-01-2007, 11:29 PM
This button is missing, too.

I second the restructuring of ZC's site, by the way. I know that its being fixed will satisfy some people including myself...

Also the two buttons to the top-right of the posting-a-reply box give the red X of death, too.

War Lord
02-02-2007, 12:45 AM
Those images on who's online mean nothing.
If a member is viewing anything other than actual forum pages, it shows those. It's a problem with the portal software. They aren't actually locked out.

I'll be working on the themes shortly.

Deviance
02-02-2007, 01:52 AM
I contacted WildBill so he should get back with you.

Sephiroth
02-02-2007, 01:54 AM
I visited the home page, and I got:

"You would need to provide your own index.php if they don't have to use the home module, because the index.php included with vbportal, just sends them here. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster"

ZTC
02-02-2007, 11:37 AM
same problem as Sephiroth, and I also found out that the links on that page are 'brokered', and I was unable to go back to the front page when I used the back button.

Drunken Tiger
02-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Looking good WL, the main site works fine for me..

Will be making use of the new av size limits soon.

War Lord
02-02-2007, 04:07 PM
I fixed those issues and you should be able to view the page without error now guys.

Please try again, and again I apologize.

ShadowTiger
02-02-2007, 05:46 PM
For what, having a life? :p

Still doesn't seem to be working; Same "error" as before.

canaan
02-02-2007, 06:23 PM
didnt exactly know where to put this (Zclassic related)

im sure this has already been brought to your attention, but i tried to download quests, but was getting this error:

IN_PORTAL_AREA, THIS_SCRIPT or VB_AREA must be defined to continue

any information i can get would be awesome.

(first post) thanks for having me on board, guys.

Nicholas Steel
02-02-2007, 08:20 PM
was already noted in the ZC sub forums canaan.

canaan
02-02-2007, 08:34 PM
thanks, franpa

War Lord
02-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Is anyone still having trouble viewing the main web site?

ShadowTiger
02-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Not at all, thanks. I see two reviews up there. Hopefully I can find something to post about.

If there was a PC section to post reviews in, I'd be swarming all over that...

Oh, but what's going to happen with the articles area? I can't seem to do anything much with it at the moment.

War Lord
02-04-2007, 12:29 AM
I need to figure out how I want to group articles.
I'm ready to write an article for the nes and snes as soon as I determine how I want to create categories.

I'm open for suggestions there.

Nicholas Steel
02-04-2007, 01:53 AM
yea the site works fine and dandy here.

Pineconn
02-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Indeed, the site looks good. I really think there needs to be a standard way to write reviews, for the sake of consistency. Now it looks like I should get busy writing a review or two ...after I do my homework and before the Super Bowl. ;)

EDIT: Hey, I thought of a good idea. Since the Wii's VC also has Genesis and TurboGrafx games, I think those two systems should be allowed to be reviewed, too. I'd like to review Battletoads for the Genesis and not the NES (since I own the Genesis version).

elise
02-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Is anyone still having trouble viewing the main web site?
No thats looking good :)
Can even get again to the questdatabase main page again but every quest I wanted to go after that one has the "IN_PORTAL_AREA, THIS_SCRIPT or VB_AREA must be defined to continue" message

AlexMax
02-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Oh, so we're trying this again? Good luck, and I hope it lasts longer this time.

EDIT: How long did the frontpage last last time we tried it anyway, it's been ages...

KJAZZ
02-05-2007, 01:21 PM
AlexMax, you sound exactly like myself talking about Shattered Earth. >_>

Regardless, since everyone is allowed to submit reviews, I think the front page will do better than it ever has before. It looks nice, good job War Lord. :thumbsup: