PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting back into ZC... please update me on the progress in the last few months.

punkonjunk1024
02-01-2007, 03:04 AM
Yeah, so I have no idea who _L_ is, so you could start around there. I guess the newest public beta, whats in the works, you know... what I need to know about whats going on now. I miss ZC, so I'm going to try and seriously involve myself this time, and not let go. :)

Master_of_Power
02-01-2007, 06:56 AM
For starters, You need to learn a super complex scripting language to make things work anymore.... Just kidding!

We got an enemy editor, some dmap flags, and.... a whole bunch of bugs o.0

But its nothing TOO serious.

Dlbrooks33
02-01-2007, 07:00 AM
As well as a few new quest rules, few combos, and a few misc.

Dark Nation
02-01-2007, 07:53 AM
Roc's Feather

_L_
02-01-2007, 08:21 AM
...Spin Attack, the Tiger Scrolls from Minish Cap, the Old Glove from BS-Zelda Ancient Stone Tablets, the Whisp Rings from Oracle of Seasons/Ages...

Majora
02-01-2007, 08:27 AM
(Slightly) Customizable Items, 4 sizes of quivers/Bomb bags, small, med, large, magic (Bomb bags work now, thats the word on the street). A hookshot and Longshot (you can adjust the length of the chain) A button is now not exclusively for the sword, you can choose Items Minish-Cap Style) Hover Boots, and they upped the number of Max DMaps from 255 to 512. A few quests have come out that are EXTREMELY worth it to play (Power of Geduina, Hero of Dreams etc.)

Thats all I could think of!

Nimono
02-01-2007, 01:59 PM
These sum it up really nicely:

Scripting and a plethora of items once deemed to be "Impossible for ZC". Z3 Scrolling is the NEW impossible, but.... It's supposedly going to be attempted after 2.5 comes out. Yay. Oh yeah, Jman left the dev team, the beta releasing has been altered, and... stuff.

Oh yeah, check out the scripting forums. Since we can script items, I took the liberty to make an item script. Yay, Cane of Somaria OoA.

DarkFlameWolf
02-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Read.

Nicholas Steel
02-01-2007, 06:49 PM
read what? o_O and he didn't state the last version he used so we have no idea of what new features he does/doesn't know of.

ShadowTiger
02-01-2007, 07:48 PM
read what? o_Ofranpa, you may want to attend #PureZC in irc.initialized.org (Via www.ircatwork.com ) ... it's very informative. :p We asked DFW in chat, and she elaborated that she meant the entire forum. As in, "People are just too lazy to read stuff these days."

DarkFlameWolf
02-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Even by common sense and educated deducing, you can pinpoint which topics you would need to read and which you could discard in terms of which ones would provide info on the new features of the latest betas. More often than not, beta release threads contain a bunch of this information that is being asked.

Radien ZC
02-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Well, since I spent quite awhile writing up features in this thread on PureZC (http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25984), I guess you might as well go read it.

It won't tell you anything about annoying politics on AGN or the plethora of bugs that we're dealing with, though. Just all the incredible features that we WISH would someday work correctly...