PDA

View Full Version : Link's Awakening ZC

Beta Link
01-30-2007, 10:16 PM
About a year ago, I announced this over at PureZC, but I realize that there are many people here who don't go to PureZC. So, for those of you who don't know, I am making a Link's Awakening remake in Zelda Classic. At first, at PZC, most people thought it was just another noob trying to impress everyone. But the quest is being taken very seriously, and when released, hopefully for 2.5, it will include most of its awesome features like the item, enemy, and subscreen editors; scripting; Roc's Feather; and plenty more to boot. At the moment, I'm not working on it because of the fact that the recent 2.5 betas are extremely buggy. Once the full version of 2.5 is released, I will continue making the quest. I am at the moment, however working on completely revamping the CGBZ tileset I'm making the quest with. I'm working on sprites mostly. I've already got a bunch of new items (including the Minish Cap bombs and ocarina) and updated GB Link tiles. I'll begin work on the overworld tiles later.

One thing I never mentioned at PZC or my quest's website, is that there will be 2 mini-dungeons. I already have the first one planned out, but I'm not sure about the second. I'm planning to have the first one based completely on nostalgia. *Keeps dungeon design secret* ;)

I would show some screenshots, but I use Filespace which takes forever to upload stuff on. Maybe I'll get some together later... Anyway, any comments on this whole project?

Oh, I almost forgot, a link to my quest's website... HERE (http://www.freewebs.com/beta_link)

Joe123
01-31-2007, 04:11 PM
If you're planning on making it as close to LA as possible, why are you using Minish cap bombs?

Beta Link
01-31-2007, 04:37 PM
I'm only using the MC bomb graphics. They won't work the same way as the MC bombs. And did I mention anywhere that I was trying to make it as close to LA as possible? It's an LA remake, not an LA clone.

Gunslinger
02-05-2007, 12:33 AM
Would you mind elaborating on how Roc's Feather would be used?

Beta Link
02-05-2007, 12:41 AM
Well, the Roc's Feather isn't exactly complete in 2.5 yet, but soon, we will have combos that allow you to jump over with the Roc's Feather. So, I will be able to make pits you can jump over, just like in the GameBoy Zeldas.

Oh, an update... I redid all of the overworld's palletes, and replaces the grass tiles. I also finally fixed the enterance to level 1 using copycat combos. I also will be starting Level 3 soon. One last thing, I have completed the second Owl cutscene thing. :)

Plissken
02-05-2007, 12:45 AM
This sounds like a great idea and if you can complete it fully that is impressive.