PDA

View Full Version : Item/Character Placing Help!!!

hammerbromike
01-30-2007, 09:02 PM
When I place an item, it goes to the top left corner of the screen and I don't know how to move it. When I start playing my quest, Link appears at the top left corner of the screen as well.

I'm also having problem with linking dungeons too. I know how to make the rooms but I don't know how to add items and stuff.

I NEED HELP!!! :(

Majora
01-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Ok, the top-left corner thing:

You should see a grey box in the middle bottom. Press page up (or page down, doesn't matter which) until you see a green square. Place that green square where you want Link to start.

For the Item:

On that same part, you should see a blue rupee. Place it where you want the Item to appear. (If you don't see it, press Page Up/Down until you find it)

What do you mean by "Linking" Dungeons?

What version are you using?

hammerbromike
01-30-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm using the latest version 2.1.0 or something.

I got Link appearing on screen 77 but I can't get him to go on the ground.

Majora
01-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Go on the ground? Make sure you start him off on a "walkable" combo. To see if it is walkable, when you select the combo, in the grey bow, the combo should show up (again, page up/down) if there is any Pink anywhere, that means link can't walk on it.

If you can, post a screen shot. DO you know how?

When you are in ZQuest, press "Z" to take a picture.

IN zelda classic, press "F12"

pressing "W" in Zquest shows you what is walkable and what isn't (all the pink, link can't walk on that, everything that shows up normally, Link can walk there)

hammerbromike
01-30-2007, 09:44 PM
I think I might have figured it out through the ZQuest Tutorial.

erm2003
01-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Yeah. If you haven't taken a good look at Alphadawg's Tutorial, you should. Look for it in one of the sticky threads in this forum. Take your time and work through that first. It will answer a lot of the questions you seem to be having and you can start to understand the basics of ZQuest.

hammerbromike
01-31-2007, 10:42 AM
I figured out how to link dungeons and exits. But when I start playing, Link won't move, if I deleted the screen I had and put in the one from the actual game, he moves fine, but when I close off the left and right exits, he won't move.