PDA

View Full Version : LADX Red Tunic (Defense +0, Attack +1 1/2)

Nimono
01-29-2007, 02:52 PM
Would it be possible to make an ite script that acts like the Red Tunic/Red Ring in LADX/the Oracles? If you have no clue what they do, in the games you get them in, instead of decreasing your damage taken by more than the Blue Tunic/Blue Ring they increase your attack power. I don't remember if they increase it by 1, 1 1/2, or 2, but they increased it nonetheless. However, they didn't increase your defense. Would it be possible to make such a script and give it to the Red Ring such that its defense-increasing never happens?

Grayswandir
01-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Just make a script which checks if Link has the red ring when entering the screen (or whatever), and if he does, cycle through every enemy on screen and divide its hp by two.

Nimono
01-29-2007, 06:22 PM
...No. I don't want that. It's not right. That's not what the Tunic and Ring do.

Fire Wizzrobe
01-29-2007, 08:30 PM
Why not? The function is identical.

The_Amaster
01-29-2007, 08:51 PM
No, I see what Pikaguy means, that is a kinda limited way of doing it. Arn't sword attack powers determined by class level. Couldn't you make an item script that upgrades the equipped sword's class by one level(I don't mean changing the actual sword to one higher)

Fire Wizzrobe
01-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Guess I'm wrong them. But I don't think you can increase an item's offensive ability yet. (Someone assure me/ correct me of this?) Class level would change what the level the sword is.

The_Amaster
01-29-2007, 11:31 PM
Yeah, but I thought I read somewhere a while ago that a swords attack power is directly derived from its level number or somthing. I could be wrong.

CJC
01-29-2007, 11:53 PM
Well... you could have it check for if you have a particular sword, then replace it with a higher sword while the red tunic is in possession. A tweak of that 'Darkform' script in the showcase would do the trick.

But... you'll have to give up the option of 4 swords (As in LA where you had the base sword and the shell sword.)

Here's what I would recommend:

Make a global script that checks for the 'Red Tunic'.
If the Red Tunic is in the inventory, another check is made regarding the Sword's item number.

If the Magic Sword (Level 2 Sword) is owned, add the Master Sword.
Else if the Wooden Sword is owned, add the White Sword (Which is made to look identical to the Wooden counterpart)
Otherwise the script will just ignore the item addition.

Here we hit an obstacle... if you want to make choosing another tunic optional, you'll have to add some more to the code:

An 'Else' command that covers whenever the Red Tunic is not possessed.

If the White Sword is owned, it is removed.
If the Master Sword is owned, it is removed.

Throw in a waitframe for good measure
Kink out any bugs
Voila, red ring code.

This may not be the solution you're looking for, but it's the easiest way to double a sword's damage. It would hinge on you only providing the Wooden and Magic Sword in the quest, and then leaving the other two as 'powered up' variants for the Red Tunic.

I know you're probably not going to like this solution, but I figured I'd toss it out there for you.
And in my opinion, the best way to avoid item addition bugs would be to make tunic selection once and keep it permenant.

Nimono
01-30-2007, 01:04 AM
Oh wait, problem- We can't make scripts run at Item Collection. XD

And I WANT 4 Swords, okay? Replacing items WON'T HELP. Especially considering that the change will be VERY noticable. O_O