PDA

View Full Version : please help

Twii_light
01-27-2007, 04:32 PM
This is really frustrating me and i need your help, please.

Whenever I create a room, cave, or dungeon in ZQuest v2.10w, it always looks alot different when I actually play my quest. Colors change, locked doors are unlocked, etc. Here is a pic to show you what i mean

http://img103.imageshack.us/my.php?image=messuptb5.png

or if that doesnt work

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8082/messuptb5.png

Please tell me how to keep the colors the same. And whenever I create a locked door in a dungeon, when I go to play it, the door is not locked! I'm going crazy here. Thanks for any help

biggiy05
01-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Moving to ZC discussion.

Twii_light
01-27-2007, 05:23 PM
And by the way, yes, when I create a door, I go to: Tools/Doors/Dkworld Dungeon.

AmazingAmpharos
01-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Did you set the right colors for the dmap, or did you just use 1-0 to change the colors you saw on the screen in zquest?

Also, did you remember to set your dmap to a "dungeon" type? Doors do that when you have it set to an overworld.

Twii_light
01-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Did you set the right colors for the dmap, or did you just use 1-0 to change the colors you saw on the screen in zquest?Oh man, I forgot to do that. Thanks so much the colors stay the same now.

Also, did you remember to set your dmap to a "dungeon" type? Doors do that when you have it set to an overworld.Yeah, I have my dmap set to dungeon, but I still have that problem.

The_Amaster
01-27-2007, 05:51 PM
What Amazing Ampharos means for the colors is to go the DMaps, and set the color for your dungeon under "Appearence". Actually, do you know how DMaps work? Only both your problems seem to stem from a DMap misunderstanding. And Biggiy, why is this in ZC Discussion. Shouldn't it be in ZQuest help?

Twii_light
01-27-2007, 06:06 PM
Yes, I already said that AA's suggestion fixed my color problem. And yes, I know how dmaps work. I just need help with the doors, I place them as locked doors, but when I play, they are unlocked.

And also, this might have to do with the ALttP tileset that I'm using, but whenever I place a person inside a house, such as Abei or Merchant, when I play the game they appear as a discolored/disfigured tile. They don't appear as a person.

The_Amaster
01-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Arggh, I hate it when that happens. I posted my response at the exact same tiem that you did. And each guy has a certain assigned tile, so yeah, if the tileset your using messed with those that could be it. To see which tiles they are, just open up some other tileset and check out theirs. It's always on the first page of tiles..

Twii_light
01-27-2007, 06:58 PM
So, does anybody know how to fix my door problem? Not having locked doors in my dungeons ruins the whole game.

erm2003
01-27-2007, 07:53 PM
EDIT: Scratches first post.

Nevermind. My post was dumb because I missed one of your previous posts Twii. Are you sure the dmap for the level is set as dungeon? That is usually the error that most people have when setting up locked doors.

Twii_light
01-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Here's my Ice Temple dmap.

http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dmapzt3.png

if that doesnt work, try this

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/3842/dmapzt3.png

Saffith
01-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Ah, the level number. You have to set it to something greater than 0.

erm2003
01-27-2007, 10:47 PM
I forgot to mention level number earlier. Thanks for catching that Saffith.

Just to add in more about the level numbers... 1-8 are reserved for the triforce pieces. If you are using the triforce in your quest make sure those are set up properly. It will effect your subscreen in the overworld and also the whistle warps. You can pick higher numbers, like 10 and on, for any additional levels or even for your main ones if you decide to split them among multiple dmaps (like having more than one floor). Level 0 is for the overworld only thus why you are having problems with the doors and also maybe why the colors may have been messing up on you.

Twii_light
01-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Thanks so much guys, it worked!!

You have all been extremely helpful.