PDA

View Full Version : Anybody with Egg?

Darth Marsden
01-27-2007, 04:05 PM
The bank, that is. 'cause I'm not. And I've received the following email... 5 times.

Dear Egg Internet Banking Holder,

Egg Internet Banking always look forward for the high security of our clients. Some customers have been receiving an email claiming
to be from Egg Internet Banking advising them to follow a link to what appear to be a Egg Internet Banking web site, where
they are prompted to enter their personal Online Banking details.Egg Internet Banking is in no way involved with this email and the
web site does not belong to us.Egg Internet Banking is proud to announce about their new upgraded secure system.
We upgraded our new SSL servers to give our customers a better, fast and secure online banking service.

Due to the recent upgrade of the servers, you are requested to please update your account info at the following link.

Link removed for obvious reasons

*Important*
We have asked few additional information which is going to be the part of secure login process. These additional information will be asked
during your future login security so, please provide all these info completely and correctly otherwise due to security reasons we may have to
close our account temporarily.

Regards
Customers Service
Egg Internet Banking.

©2007 Egg Bank Financial Group. All rights reserved
Yep. 5 times, all sent today (Jan 27th). I'm guessing it's some sort of spam trying to get me to give them my bank details, but they should really know better, especially since I've never even though about having an account with Egg.

Have any of you had anything similar?

VEL
01-27-2007, 04:42 PM
I get emails similar to that all the time from different banks, most of them are from banks I've never used. All of the ones I have gotten are definetly scams, I can usually tell by the link, the address isn't from their site.

Darth Marsden
01-28-2007, 05:28 AM
I'm not alone! Thank you Jesus!

Nice avatar, btw.

goKi
01-28-2007, 05:45 AM
Working for a bank, i see these all the time. I can't believe how people fall for them.

new.egg.com. nice address.

ZTC
01-31-2007, 02:06 PM
I remember getting something like that awhile back, the same with one claming to be PayPal. I just deleted em.

Darth Marsden
01-31-2007, 04:15 PM
I gots another one, from 'Nationwide' this time.

Dear Customer,

In our unending quest to serve you much better, our technical service department is currently carrying out a planned software maintenance and upgrade. This important upgrade, which has been on going for the past one week, is to further enhance our secure servers for maximum security and efficiency.

Consequently, we require a security verification of your information. This verification exercise is to ensure that your data with us is accurate. It will also enables us to protect your account from unauthorized access. This exercise is obligatory for all Nationwide customers.

Please note that failure to verify your information with us may result in the suspension of your account. We sincerely regret any inconveniences.

To get started, please click on the reference below:
Link Nuked for stupidly obvious reasons

Best Wishes,

Nigel Ridgeway,
Customer Support Service.

© 2007 Nationwide Bank plc
I love how when you look at the link it looks ok, but when you highlight the link Firefox reveals it to be something totally different.

g.iaroos
01-31-2007, 08:00 PM
I once received that kind of email from paypal. All those mails have various signs that they are faked. First they are absolutely non-personal. Whenever you sign up at someplace it asks you for some kind of identifier (name, surname, whatever) to call you. Even with thousands of emails to send, it's no big deal to include the name thanks to databases. Next, they include a link inside the mail instead of a 'visit our homepage' to do so. The normal practice for these is to juste ask the new info the next time a user logs on. And a crap load of other signs I won't go into detail.

Lastly, too bad I never signed up on paypal XD