PDA

View Full Version : standardize classic enemies?

Master_of_Power
01-26-2007, 07:32 AM
as some of you may or may not know, I have come up with 4 directions for some of the classic enemies that lack all 4 directional tiles, except the wizzrobe, bubble, like-like, gel, zol, tektite, and leever

I was wondering if that might be something to make standard for the Classic set?

http://thraxa.syro.m.o.p.googlepages.com/zelda001.gif

Although I'm not too confident in my drawing abilities, I got some good ratings back at Purezc. Perhaps these work?

Dark Nation
01-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Interesting idea. I've no particular problems with it being the new default for the new enemy tiles. Thoughts?

DarkDragon
01-26-2007, 08:30 AM
I like the idea.

CastChaos
01-26-2007, 11:11 AM
This is so so awesome! I'd really like to see them as default. Wonder nobody thought it earlier...

ShadowTiger
01-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Err... May I ask, ... why are the ghinis, ropes, wizzrobes, (etc) given new tiles, but the likelikes and bubbles remain with no new sprites? They're technically "walkers" as well. :shrug:

And you included the Moblins and Lynels, why? o.o?

Majora
01-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Err... May I ask, ... why are the ghinis, ropes, wizzrobes, (etc) given new tiles, but the likelikes and bubbles remain with no new sprites? They're technically "walkers" as well. :shrug:

And you included the Moblins and Lynels, why? o.o?

All I can argue about the LikeLikes is: Have you tried viewing a cylinder from all sides?

Limzo
01-26-2007, 02:54 PM
No. Because then it wouldn't be as exact a Zelda clone as we can get.
My point is that the whole idea of ZC was originally to be a Zelda1 clone, but this just takes it away from that, by having different enemy tiles from what are the official, actual enemy tiles in Z1.

However, I am, by no means against having them in the classic tileset, just not by default.

The_Amaster
01-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I can kinda see Lizmo's point. I personally like them, but I am one voice among many.

CastChaos
01-26-2007, 03:16 PM
No. Because then it wouldn't be as exact a Zelda clone as we can get.
My point is that the whole idea of ZC was originally to be a Zelda1 clone, but this just takes it away from that, by having different enemy tiles from what are the official, actual enemy tiles in Z1.

However, I am, by no means against having them in the classic tileset, just not by default.

Phantom Menace's goal was in the first place to create a full LoZ remake. As soon as it was done the goal became to make it better than LoZ in every way, pushing as many things as we can towards LttP with some ideas from OoT, WW, MM, PH, TP and the future Zeldas. At least I observed this during the year I was here.

It really doesn't need to be default, just included after the new overworld tiles, so the player can swap them with the original ones.:rolleyes:

Dark Nation
01-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Do not worry. They would be the default "new" enemy tiles, not the default "classic" enemy tiles. LoZ is preserved.

Limzo
01-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Oh, well that is okay then.

Master_of_Power
01-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Err... May I ask, ... why are the ghinis, ropes, wizzrobes, (etc) given new tiles, but the likelikes and bubbles remain with no new sprites?

Bubbles were always like that until they went 3-D, and likelikes look the same from all angles, so it doesn't matter what you do to it :eek: