PDA

View Full Version : Secret Dev. Studio - Tose

Warlock
01-25-2007, 11:24 AM
http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3156447

I stumbled on this article today. That is actually pretty cool. I didn't know these guys were actually the ones who made Super Princess Peach and the Final Fantasy PSX/GBA ports. Read the article, it's pretty interesting. I'm surprised that the company actually encourages publishers to leave their name off the credits, that's really weird :P

Kairyu
01-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Interesting. Explains a few questions I had about the FF ports.

MottZilla
01-25-2007, 06:10 PM
And it explains the poor quality of the FF ports to playstation as well as the Chrono Trigger port to playstation. I mean damn, how did they expect people would react to those insane load times...

Mak-X
01-25-2007, 07:26 PM
I had heard the name "Tose" tossed around when people wrote about all the FF ports, didn't know they did so much.

In the Final Fantasy Anthology booklet they're credited in the list as
"Transplantation - Tose Co., Ltd."

Of the FF collections, I've played FFVI but didn't play for long. Battles had slowdown, while some sound effects were off. It took about 4-5 seconds to get to the menu, and about 3 seconds with fast loading turned on, plus all the load times for the battles and map switching.

Final Fantasy IV turned out good though, the only load time was during saving and loading a save file, and it was the original version, not the easy type the SNES got, with a slightly better script.