PDA

View Full Version : So the phone rang, right?

MasterSwordUltima
01-23-2007, 08:03 PM
And on the screen of the cell phone, it says SCAM.

Back up a week or two.

So my fiancé keeps getting this call with crazy ass numbers. [sometimes it says 000-000-0000, which makes absolutly no sense to me]. So one time, we decided to type the number in on google, and we found all these sites about how its a scam, how the people will call you stupid for not giving you your credit card number and all that. So we marked the number in the phone's phonebook as SCAM, mmkay? So they've been calling about once or twice every other day or so. So I told her that the next time they call, give me the phone.

Fastforward to five minutes ago.

The phone rang, and on the screen of the phone, it says SCAM. I have half a piece of pizza in my mouth. I quickly chew the pizza, flip open and phone and don't say anything. We're both dead quiet. For about a second we heard the telemarketer say "Hello". We waited for her to say anything, but nothing. So after about fifteen second, I screamed as loud as I could into the phone, then closed it.

What all crazy stuff have you ever done to a telemarketer? This stuff makes me laugh.

ShadowTiger
01-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Invited them to dinner.

One said he'd think about it.

The_Amaster
01-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Said "Look, lets face it. No one EVER has bought from a telemarketer. I mean, really man, do you actualy hold out hope that some day, some one will say 'Yes, actually, my storm windows could be better'" I let the guy absorb the implications of that, then hung up.

I prefer psycological messing.

Kairyu
01-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Hello, Clarise.

The_Amaster
01-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Thisis actually for anyone who calls me, not just telemarketers. When they call, I pick up and say "Hello? I'd like a large pepperoni and breadsticks. That's all, goodbye." and hang up.

Chibidia
01-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Working for them is worse. 90% seem to leave within 2 weeks, while the other percent gets fired soon enough to make way and keep the employee cost down. I quit because I didn't invest my income in enough holister wear and meth like the freaky TO's that manage you and hauled ass out of there. Actually it was my first week, and I called in because I had court... and they said "we'll, if your not in by 5 we'll have to terminate you *snorts cocain*", so I just told em I'd kinda like to keep out of jail than serve they're almighty "Branson get-away empire" and went on with my life.

Anyhow... I thought the funniest call I ever had was my first day there and I called some dude.

Me: Hello
*silence*
Me: Hello
Dude: P... Penis *click*
Me: Eh... kay *checks "call back"*

erm2003
01-23-2007, 09:32 PM
Try to sell them something back. If they say they don't have time because they are at work, then ask them for their home phone number so you can call them at a later time. When they make an excuse as to why they don't want to be called at home, then you can point out the irony and tell them to have a good day.

Brasel
01-23-2007, 11:20 PM
I played sound wavs of the peasants in Warcraft 2 saying "Huh what?" "Leave me alone!" and "I'm not listening!"

I'm a geek.

Darth Marsden
01-24-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm a tad more honest then you folks, but I'd like to think I'm no less mean. First, they always call in the middle of the day, when my Dad (whom they always call for) is at work. Second, we're ex-directory, so we shouldn't get these type of calls. Yet we do. So when we do get them...

'Hello, may I speak to a Mr Marsden please?'
'He's not in - can I ask what you're calling about?'
'Yes, we're selling/offering/querying XYZ and...'
'We're not interested, and we're also ex-directory, so I'd like to know how you got our number.'
*Click*

Modus Ponens
01-24-2007, 02:51 PM
What does ex-directory mean, and how can I obtain this power?

Jigglysaint
01-24-2007, 03:09 PM
I always correct them when they call me "ma'm". That usually ends it right there when they realize who they were talking to.

Darth Marsden
01-24-2007, 04:11 PM
What does ex-directory mean, and how can I obtain this power?
Ex-directory basically means we're not in the phone book. BBC News has an article about how many Britons are the same (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5168570.stm). Read the comments, some of them are... interesting.

Sute
01-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Invited them to dinner.

One said he'd think about it.

I really like that.. it made me laugh.

My older friend once told me and a few others that when he was younger, a telemarketer called, and .. I forget all the details of the story, but, he said how he was having sex with his dog, and the telemarketer person just went, "OH... D: I .. hope you're using a condom! D:" and hung up. Pretty awesome.

punkonjunk1024
01-30-2007, 04:38 AM
https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

Register. They legally CAN NOT CALL ANYMORE. It's a godsend. Tell your friends.

Darth Marsden
01-30-2007, 05:37 AM
It's a godsend.
QFT. (Always wanted to say that!)

We do still get the odd call every quarter or so, but it really has cut back. Very useful indeed.

punkonjunk1024
01-30-2007, 02:31 PM
Ask them how they got your number, and they'll be all appologies, and they will not tell you who they are, who they work for, or a supervisor, most of the time. But yeah, I've only gotten maybe 2 since I signed up.

Kairyu
01-30-2007, 04:01 PM
That's why you wait until after they've given you that info to mention that you're on the DNCL.

MasterSwordUltima
01-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Heh, I find them amusing right now. At first you make jokes to yourself and your buds about what you'll say, but usually nobody has the balls to actually say something to them. So once you do, you want them to call back so you can do more rediculous things on the phone.

ZTC
01-31-2007, 01:43 PM
Besides hanging up on em? Nothing really.

g.iaroos
01-31-2007, 07:02 PM
Ordinary I just have a chat with them and make them realize how much their offer is useless to me. They usually hang up the phone before me :P

Questwizard88
01-31-2007, 08:09 PM
I just had one call me today. I was in the middle of ringing up a customer's parts for a tune-up, and the phone started ringing. He had already been waiting about 10 minutes before, and I figured someone else would get it. After three rings I went over and grabbed it because noone else had answered it. So, I picked up the phone and the person just started talking away. I said nothing for about 45 seconds until she finished talking, then I yelled as loud as I could into the phone, "This is a place of business, not someone's home!!!", and slammed the phone down as hard as I could. I bet she was pissed off.