PDA

View Full Version : Walk on walls?

Dominator_101
01-19-2007, 04:29 PM
I was making a dungeon in the game that i'm making, and when I tested it, it was a little weird...

http://i12.tinypic.com/2cmrr4p.jpg

When I went to go through a doorway, Link just walked over the wall. I'm not sure if I acidentally did something to cause this, or If i have to do something to get rid of this...

cbailey78
01-19-2007, 05:25 PM
I see you must have the freeform dungeon quest rule checked. When you have it checked, you'll have to set the door frame combo type to overhead.

Dominator_101
01-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Oh, thanks! It works now! I just unchecked freeform dungeons.

ShadowTiger
01-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Two solutions here:

1) Right-click on the part of the door that Link should be walking under, and click Edit. Change its properties to Overhead. It will now act as if it were on layer 5.
2) Uncheck the quest rule "Freeform Dungeons." This is inadvisable though, as many people prefer the freedom granted by Freeform Dungeons.

EDIT: Oh wow, I posted this late. (Had to get up and come back...) I actually advise the former rather than the latter.

Dominator_101
01-19-2007, 05:46 PM
what are some of the advantages of freeform dungeons?

beefster09
01-19-2007, 07:33 PM
Freeform dungeons let you put uncentered walls in a room.

anifan
01-19-2007, 07:58 PM
One question. Can you put shutters or bombable doors that are uncentered? I know your looking dominator.

Dominator_101
01-19-2007, 08:09 PM
One question. Can you put shutters or bombable doors that are uncentered? I know your looking dominator.

I'm not sure... I guess if you really wanted to, you could put a flag on whatever you wanted to blow up, and for a shutter door, if you place the shutter sprites where you wanted, then made a secret combo that would just change the sprites to an open door, it might work, but I'm new with ZC, so I'm not completely sure.

anifan
01-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Good idea, but there's one problem. What if the flags reset? In all other ways, good idea

Dominator_101
01-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Good idea, but there's one problem. What if the flags reset? In all other ways, good idea

hmm... Then you do it again? im new with ZC, so I dont know that much about it. There may be someway to make it not reset. And with the shutter, I dont think enemies reapear every time you enter a room, so I would guess it would kick in automatically if there are no enemies, but I don't know if it would...You could try it and find out.