PDA

View Full Version : New Items for the Next Zelda

idontknow
01-18-2007, 10:21 AM
For the next Zelda, there should be the following items:

1) Fierce Diety Armor: When put on, it acts kinda like the magic armor from LoZ:TP, however, it also allows you to shoot magic beams from your sword, which consumes magic. In order to get this item, you must first complete a very lengthy & difficult sidequest & then after doing so, beat the game and you will start the next game with this item. Unlike the Fierce Diety mask in LoZ:MM, this item can be used pretty much everywhere EXCEPT for in Boss Rooms.

2) Double Clawshot should make a return.

3) Gale Boomerange should return--however, in the next game, it should consume magic when charged. If you have no magic, it will simply act as a regular boomerang.

I'm gonna add more items later since i have to go to work now.

Darth Marsden
01-18-2007, 03:54 PM
1) A set of gloves that allow you to climb certain walls, like the one's in Minish Cap. You could still climb ladders and the like without them, but with them you could climb up mountainsides and stuff.

2) Something that lets you walk on ceilings, because that's a neat effect and is nearly always fun. But ONLY if they get the clothes reacting to gravity, so that your hat isn't resting around your neck as per normal but is pointing down towards the ground, etc. It always bugs me when films and games get that wrong.
EDIT: I gather there's something in TP that let's you walk on walls, but does your hat point towards the ground when you do it? I'm guessing 'no'.

3) The ability to possess other people. It's always interesting when you're able to do that, and it was pretty cool in Wind Waker, so let's bring it back. Plus, I know a lot of other people here want to play as other characters, so maybe this would satisfy them somewhat.

4) A sword that shoots beams when you're at full health, dammit.

5) A butterfly net, which you have to use if you want to catch fairies or other such creatures. I haven't played TP yet, so I'm not sure if there's one in it or not, but I gather there are butterflies, so would a net to catch them be a good idea?

6) There is NO item 6.

7) No poofters. (Or Monty Python jokes)

8) The Mirror Shield. This should be in every single Zelda game made from now on. Not just 'cause it's shiny (although that is a contributing factor), but rather because it's a wonderful idea, was well implemented in OoT and could be used for a variety of puzzles that require you to think rather than hack 'n' slash. And I LIKE those puzzles.

MasterSwordUltima
01-18-2007, 04:40 PM
2) Something that lets you walk on ceilings, because that's a neat effect and is nearly always fun. But ONLY if they get the clothes reacting to gravity, so that your hat isn't resting around your neck as per normal but is pointing down towards the ground, etc. It always bugs me when films and games get that wrong.
EDIT: I gather there's something in TP that let's you walk on walls, but does your hat point towards the ground when you do it? I'm guessing 'no'.

3) The ability to possess other people. It's always interesting when you're able to do that, and it was pretty cool in Wind Waker, so let's bring it back. Plus, I know a lot of other people here want to play as other characters, so maybe this would satisfy them somewhat.

Iron Boots + Magnetized minerals let you walk on ceilings and walls. God did I get sick with those views at times. Also, yes, his hat does hang down in a very realistic manner.

Also, the dominion rod in TP lets you control statues [mostly owl statues] across Hyrule [and some in the dungeon you get it in].

Some sort of Oni-Link would be more than excellent in the next big Zelda. Also, having the different tunics actually look different [like in TP] would be very nice too. Atleast in TP its explained why Link can "breathe" underwater with the Zora Armor.

I'd like to see Magic return in the next Zelda. It was a bit suprised at the lack of it in TP.

Magic using items such as Elemental Arrows, Magic Boomerang, Deku Leaf [this would the coolest and most useful item ever], Magic Armor [not for rupees, but for magic, like in WW, or better yet, Zelda 2/Nayru's Love style magic armor, one time cost, but it goes away on its own], Magic-Enhanced Spin Attack, etc.

Double-Claw/Hookshots, definatly. Why in the hell did Link just throw his Hookshot away when he got the long-shot? [shrug] But perhaps get both shots at the same time?

Spinner.

RC Car.

Perhaps a large sword, as ya know, the extra thing to get. Perhaps instead of a Biggoron style one, where you can weild it a bit easily[although with two hands], a large sword, like Pyramid Head's Great Knife, or a BusterSword style one. And there would be a bit of dragging or delay, but of course, its all powerful if you time it right.

mikeron
01-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Pegasus Boots
Hammer
Rods of various sorts

Orion
01-18-2007, 09:48 PM
I think the addition of multiple magic spells again would, while not necessarily be new, bring back some of the fantasy-ish feel of the older games, Zeldas 2, 3, and 5 all had magic spells, so why not again?

Personally, I'd like to see items that have more use outside of the dungeons they are found in. Too many times you get an item that you can only use in the dungeon, save for finding one or two more heart pieces outside of the dungeon. I can't remember a single item in ALTTP that you didn't use in almost every dungeon after the fact, and in fact, if you jumped order, some of the items you found in later dungeons made the earlier dungeons easier. A lot of the items you found there though, you typically find outside of dungeons these days (blue armor, magic gloves, mood pearl, etc).

As for brand new items, well I loved the idea of picking up enemy weapons in WW. I'd like to see that put to practical use in a new game.

Dragon Omega
01-19-2007, 01:14 AM
What if Link could wield TWO swords? Imagine the sword techniqes he could pull off like that. :mischief:

idontknow
01-19-2007, 02:27 AM
Have the following books:

-Log Book: Sorta like the bomber's notebook, it would have the following information:
1. Enemies: Everytime you defeat an enemy for the first time (once you have this item) that enemy's name, description, strength, weapon(s), abilities, and perhaps even picture would be logged into this book.
2. Items: A list of all items that you've collected and what that item does.
3. Songs: Only if the next Zelda has a musical weapon though. If so, this book can log in what those songs are & how to play them.
4. Hidden Skills: When you learn a hidden skill or special ability, how to do them is recorded here.
5. Objectives: Here it would list people that you encounter and what requests they may have. It would namely describe various sidequests for you to accomplish, as well as required objectives.

There should also be a seperate book:
-Map Book: Would have a page that shows the entire overworld & then one page for each section of the overworld & a page for each dungeon.

Photo Album:
-This can hold up to 100 pictures. Perhaps it could even have upgrades so that its maximum increases to 200 pictures or even to 500 pictures! This album is filled with all pictures taken with a pictobox-esque item. Many sidequests would require you to give a certain picture(s) to somebody.

Also, there should be an entire page in the "Quest Status" or subscreen, that allows you to equip an item to replace your sword--these items are all obtained by stealing them from enemies like in WW. However, unlike WW, these items are added to your subscreen & are periment, or they can be sold to a variety of shops. Some of them can be broken however from overuse (like biggoron sword) or can be burned (like deku sticks, wooden shield) None of these items would be required for the game, but would be fun to collect nonetheless. There could be a variety of...
-Clubs
-Sticks (such as Deku Stick)
-Staffs
-Tridents
-Maces
-Swords (fairy sword, biggoron sword, etc.)
-Canes
-Hammers
-Daggers
-Axes (like from Iron Knuckles)

Some of them would obviously be stronger than the others & some may even have different abilities. Also, many enemies drop such items when attacked and so you can steal them right away--others you are rewarded an item after defeating the enemy.

Modus Ponens
01-19-2007, 02:57 AM
The clawshot should incorporate the function of the grappling hook for some sweet Indiana Jones- or Super Castlevania IV-style jumps, and with two of them, it would open the door for Spider-Man style swinging. And then my bowels would involuntarily evacuate.

*b*
01-19-2007, 03:26 AM
The clawshot should incorporate the function of the grappling hook for some sweet Indiana Jones- or Super Castlevania IV-style jumps, and with two of them, it would open the door for Spider-Man style swinging. And then my bowels would involuntarily evacuate.

Indeed. Imagine the fun you could have at swinging from tree to tree to get to the other side of the overworld

Personally, I'd like to see the Roc's Cape/Feather and the Pegasus Boots. The 2D items are long overdo for an appearance in a 3D game, you know?

Orion
01-19-2007, 01:19 PM
The pegasus boots sort of made an appearance in Majora's Mask as the bunny mask, didnt it? I think though, that they were replaced by the horse, and the ability to roll.

Cloral
01-19-2007, 04:03 PM
The Pegasus Boots and Roc's Feather don't really make that much sense anymore since Link already has the ability to run and to jump. Though I guess something that lets you do some sort of dash attack could work.

mrz84
01-19-2007, 10:07 PM
I would have to agree wqith most of these ideas, especially DO's dual swords idea. That would kick so much ass! I would like to see other playable characters as well. Not like in MM with the masks, but as other characters entirely. :kitty:

Dechipher
01-20-2007, 02:42 AM
Maybe a multiplayer Zelda that doesn't suck?

MasterSwordUltima
01-20-2007, 02:50 AM
There's a multiplayer Zelda?

Nicholas Steel
01-20-2007, 03:45 AM
4 sword adventures for GBA.

Imprisoned
01-20-2007, 10:18 AM
What if Link could wield TWO swords? Imagine the sword techniqes he could pull off like that. :mischief:
Man, that's a great idea! Two short swords, a bit longer than daggers,
and you could use the Nunchuk for the left one and the Wiimote for the right one.

But I wouldn't like magic - Minish Cap was fun without the magic.

erm2003
01-20-2007, 10:50 AM
I would love to see the sword movements become more 1-to-1 with the Wii controls. This would especially be the case if Link did get to use a weapon in both hands. The only exception would be when you lock on to something then most of your movements would be directed toward the enemy as opposed to having the free sword movements. That could add an extra challenge as well if players choose not to lock on to enemies and use more precision.

idontknow
01-21-2007, 12:31 AM
More items:

-Fairy Sword: Different than the one in LoZ:MM, this sword gives you health equivalent to the amount of damage it does when it strikes an enemy. It also takes 2 hands to yeild & therefore won't be able to use your shield to block.

-Wealth Badge 1: Gives you a discount in various shops so you pay 75% of the original price.
-Wealth Badge 2: Allows you to pay only 50% of the original price in shops.

-Megaton Hammer: Make this item return. However, there should also be an item called "the Quake Scroll" which gives it extra power. When you have this scroll, you can charge the hammer just like you can charge the Gale Boomerang. This however consumes magic. When released, the hammer strikes the ground heavily, stunning & damaging nearby enemies.

-Thief's Hook: When attached to the hookshot, it allows you to pull items away from enemies, therefore stealing items from them. Once you obtain this, it's easy to get 5-piece rupees, hearts, bombs, arrows, & magic jars--just use your hookshot combined with this on any enemy & see what you get!

Lightening Rod: When used, a bolt of electricity appears from this magic rod. It consumes magic. This is used as not only a weapon, but often for various puzzles.

Crowbar: When used, it can activate levers that have a broken handle or pry open doors that aren't locked but are stuck & can therefore be jarred open with this item.

Cane of Somaria: When used, a block with the Temple of Time symbol will appear (can only be used once per room). So you press the button to use it and a blue block appears. You can then pick up this block and carry it. The block can be used to hold down triggers that require something heavy on it. Link can also climb on it so he can use it to reach platforms he couldn't otherwise reach. When thrown, the block falls but does not break.

Bomb Flower: This should be its own item--what it does is act like a remote bomb (sorta). You press the button once to use it and it appears in your hands. You can run around holding it, drop it at your feet, or throw it. It only explodes if you shoot it with an arrow. You can also place multiple bomb flowers at once. This would be useful for puzzles where you need to bomb multiple obstacles at once or cause a series of explosions (like the staircase in Dodongo's Cavern in LoZ:OoT)

Ladder: This is an item that you can only use once per screen & it allows you to place a ladder on walls or across gaps (so it also can only be used at certain spots) This allows access to otherwise restricted areas.

Poison-Proof Tunic: A puprle-colored tunic that allows you to swim in poisonous water or wander around toxic environments safely.

Modus Ponens
01-21-2007, 03:34 PM
Crowbar: When used, it can activate levers that have a broken handle or pry open doors that aren't locked but are stuck & can therefore be jarred open with this item.

I only want to see this if they also implement headcrabs.

The_Amaster
01-21-2007, 07:26 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the return of the Magnetic Gloves. There were some GREAT puzzles with those in OoS, As for a cool custom item, how about the Enhanced Mole Mitts, which allow Link to burrow underground to avoid damage, but remove his interaction with the enviorment.

Chibidia
01-22-2007, 02:24 AM
You could make the player feel accomplished and rewarded if Link had to aquire an item to do something simple and access new land. Lets say the next one brought back the feather, the boots, the flippers, ect. At the beginning of the game, because this was another Link who couldn't swim, imagine looking out to an island far different from the invironment you were in at the moment, only getting a small sample of what it was like. Small sample, but it drove you out on your quest to finally get the flippers/scale/swim scroll to swim out there and finally check the place out as you've wanted far into the quest.

As for the other simple items... lets say Link can already jump and run. Just, make puzzles that require the pegasus boots... but make them where, while running, Link has terrible mobility and maybe they can only be activated by standing on corrisponding tiles or something. The feather... well, an equipable item I suppose. Only active when Link auto-jumps from a ledge... simply doubles the distance. I guess it would make Link move like the hover boots... required to pick up speed and all that annoying jazz... a draw back so people will unequip it most of the time. The pegasus boots and feather combined could allow Link to jump gaps that cut off from a temple location or something.

The remander... well, I'd just like to see another Zelda game that would make use of the games items as a source of getting to new locations. LttP used this hella well. Oot used it the tunics well for invironments... although once getting the blue and red ones... the green was no longer neccessary... except for traditional attire. So... bringin' some old limitations back would be nice I guess.