PDA

View Full Version : Should I restart Twilight Princess?

AtmaWeapon
01-17-2007, 12:20 PM
OK so even though I was in such a big rush to get a Wii and TP on launch day I honestly STILL haven't finished the game. I played it pretty hardcore and bought a player's guide because I like to have some idea of how close to the end of a game I am, and I was at about the 75% mark when I decided to go back and collect a lot of heart pieces and treasures I had missed.

This turned out to be a pretty bad idea because I got bored and frustrated with it. After getting knocked into a hole in the LAST ROOM of a lantern cave and faced with the prospect of either having to get back in the dark or go get more oil and have to defeat all of the enemies again, I took a break for a few days. Then, I found Castlevania: Symphony of the Night at a local store; it had been on my "buy regardless of financial status" list for a few weeks so I snatched it up and I've been playing the devil out of that instead of Zelda.

So I'm about to wrap up SotN and I want to get back into Zelda, but it's been something like 3 weeks since I played. I always hate picking up something like that because I forget some kind of plot details and the overall experience is diminished. Also if I restart I can go ahead and do the heart pieces and other things in order, which removes a lot of the frustration since I'd be picking them up along the way instead of a lot of backtracking.

So what would you do, restart or just soldier through it?

vegeta1215
01-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Soldier through it.

I thought that lantern cavern was a bit of a pain, but if you go in semi-prepared, it's not so bad. You get more bombs throughout the cave, and you'll find several places where there are Chu's that drop jelly you can use in your lantern after you kill them (but you have to be quick cause the Chu jelly dries up fast)

redmage777
01-17-2007, 01:39 PM
You think Lanturn caverns are bad? Stay away from the cave of Ordeals!

Modus Ponens
01-17-2007, 02:34 PM
You don't need the lantern in the Cave of Ordeals.

Anyway, I'd actually start over were I in your position, unless you did or got something that took a long time and lot of effort. But I'm rather partial to starting games over again before I finish them. It shows me further nuances that I missed the first time through.

MasterSwordUltima
01-17-2007, 02:42 PM
lol, Cave of Ordeals wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. I remember hawkeye+arrowing so many enemies prior to jumping down the cliff. :D

As for restarting, hell no. Might as well finish it. I got maybe 7 heart pieces, and easily bested the game.

Pineconn
01-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Pffff, I got all the Heart Pieces. ;)

Still, TP was E-Z. Maybe a shieldless, 3-heart, special ability-less trek would be more fun. I get more fun out of more difficult Zelda games.

MottZilla
01-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Play Castlevania SotN again. :O Or play CV Chronicals. Or CV Dracula X on PC-Engine SCD. All of them are better than Zelda.

Pineconn
01-17-2007, 05:19 PM
You horrible person, you.

(Translation: Not for me.)

Nothing is better than Zelda.

(Translation: In my opinion.)

Yeah.

(Translation: Indubitably.)

Kry
01-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Pffff, I got all the Heart Pieces. ;)

Still, TP was E-Z. Maybe a shieldless, 3-heart, special ability-less trek would be more fun. I get more fun out of more difficult Zelda games.

Without a shield is easy.

redmage777
01-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Add this to the Sheildless Challange: Finish the Cave of Ordeals using the Ordon Sword to fight everything. Start with all bottles empty and try to come out with all the Magic Chus at the end.

Brasel
01-17-2007, 08:14 PM
I haven't finished the third level yet. I got sidetracked with several games. Like finishing FFXII. I dunno. Games just don't grab me like they used to. I'd say soldier through it. I hate restarting games.

mikeron
01-18-2007, 12:49 AM
You don't need the lantern in the Cave of Ordeals.I don't think that's what he meant.

MottZilla
01-18-2007, 01:38 AM
Isn't Mount Ordeals in Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy 4? You'd think there were some original names left.

ctrl-alt-delete
01-18-2007, 10:44 PM
Isn't Mount Ordeals in Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy 4? You'd think there were some original names left.

Final fantasy 4, but in Zelda it is a cave. :-p

Atma, I would restart. I always do the same thing.