PDA

View Full Version : Stupid DOY Question

NotAGamer
01-17-2007, 11:08 AM
I feel pretty stupid asking this question, but I suck at figuring stuff out, so here goes anyway.

How do I find the secret passage from Kakiro Village to the Dream Eaters crib? Been wandering around KV for a while to no avail.

oceansoul22
01-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Well first off did you get the glove, bow, and flippers, if not you wont be finding any Dream Eaters for a while yet

NotAGamer
01-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Heh, no. Problem is I can't find anything anywhere else to go. I did find a cave in the lower part of the lost woods, but I can't move past the first screen.

Those dark green bushes...is there any way to move those?

jman2050
01-17-2007, 10:43 PM
From the start, go down until you reach a supposed dead end, then walk to the left under the overhanging brush.

Have fun ;)

NotAGamer
01-18-2007, 12:14 AM
lol, how stupid can I be? :redface:

Thanks for the help.

NotAGamer
01-21-2007, 02:14 AM
Alright, I have advanced through the Mushroom Hideout and have begun in Error's Mansion, but I have a question about some caves. I've been in at least two at this point where I cannot take a passage that I ought to be able to take into another room. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

oceansoul22
01-22-2007, 10:13 AM
There's a DOY Revised thread somewhere in the forum database here I believe JMan posted a copy of the quest with several of the bugs fixed. If you download the game from this thread I believe you can just rename it to whatever filename your current DOY quest is and still continue on with your current save game. There are still plenty of bugs though but at least the game can be completed AND from what I can tell, one way or another, every screen can be explored.

NotAGamer
01-22-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Another question...I'm stuck in Error's Mansion needing the key on F-1 that's behind a barrier. Can't figure out how to get it. Any tips?

oceansoul22
01-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Ya bombs. I believe you can blow the eastern wall in the room with the barrier

NotAGamer
01-23-2007, 10:54 AM
The revised version worked nicely. Was able to keep my current game and further explore some caves. Thanks for the tip.

Will try to bomb stuff and see what happens.

C-Dawg
01-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Someone should submit the revised version to the Quest Database so people play Jman's awesome version and not my old shitty version.

oceansoul22
01-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Good idea, although I'm certain only 5% of the people who play your quest actually attempt playing through. I've tried getting a couple people to play this quest and they generally quit at about the Train Station. So of the 5% who attempt a play through probably don't get too see most of the game.

Which is too bad really, it's a great quest.

ShadowTiger
01-24-2007, 06:42 PM
... which is why I still think a L1 cheat should always be available in the "harder" quests. Just because it's there doesn't mean people need to use it.

I do agree that the quest is rather difficult, (Like Capital Port with all those blue darknuts... ... geez.) But you do get a lot of liberties if you know where to look. There are HCP's all over the place. Just gotta be diligent. Plus, once you get the hookshot, you can go back to get the blue armor. A little late, I'd imagine, but very well worth it.

oceansoul22
01-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Well I find the problem with the game is not so much the difficulty because it seems there's a way to get by everything. Darknuts = Axe, Wizzrobes = Fire Boomerang (I prefer the term Uberang) but I find it's the length of the game. I mean I know from experience when first tackling this quest that some of the nightmare dungeons took me AGES to get through and there's lots of places to go to. I mean let's take a look at the dungeon listing and I may have even missed something still.

1 - Deku Tree
2 - Mushroom Hideout
3 - Error's Mansion
4 - Dam
5 - Mirage
6 - Mines
7 - Train Station
8 - Gallery
9 - Crypt
10 - Storm Tower
11 - Predator
12 - Hotel
13 - Enigma Castle
14 - Sewers
15 - Marsh Caves(this one was short from what I could tell not sure if I missed anything)
16 - Elven Cave
17 - Volcano
18 - Vines
19 - Mirrors
20 - Marathon
21 - Hall of Statues
A Temple of Heroes which is only a couple rooms
22 - Excavation Ruins
23 - Deku Tree Again?

Is that the list?
It's quite long

NotAGamer
01-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Well, speaking of the dams, I'm stuck again. I have found a key and three sets of stairs to the 2nd level (no map yet), but there's a door that won't open on the eastern side of L-1, and I cannot find a gem switch or a place to bomb. Help a brotha out?

oceansoul22
01-25-2007, 10:54 PM
There were 2 tricky sections in the dam there's a room on 2-F I believe with an island in the middle with a bunch of red critters and a treasure chest unreachable due to a pit surrounding the entire island. You can bomb the north wall in that room. And there's a key in 1-F going north to the room where there are 4 doors including the one on the south which you come in from. Go right then follow the path to a dead end where it appears you need to warp back to the entrance, just don't warp there's something else in that room.

Hope it helps and don't worry you will get stuck many many many times

BTW which door on the eastern side?

NotAGamer
01-26-2007, 11:48 AM
4th row, 4th column on the map, I believe. It's got 4 green boomerang-throwin' dudes and a treasure chest in the room. Automatic door is on the east side of the room.

oceansoul22
01-27-2007, 08:40 PM
I think you need to fall from the floor above somehow. Also when I said in my previous post Go right then follow the path to a dead end where it appears you need to warp back to the entrance, just don't warp there's something else in that room. I meant left
Sorry

mudshark897
05-28-2007, 09:52 PM
hey im also stuck in the dam ive gotten up to the third floor. and i am missing a key to get into the door. agian:

dam
thrid floor
locked door, help?

oceansoul22
06-21-2007, 09:56 PM
The Key you probably missed in the dam is on the first floor. On the left side of the dungeon. Go north from the entrance and find the room which has four doors in it. You should need to kill a few spider biatches and then go left and keep going left or down depending on the room. Eventually you'll find a room where you can teleport back to the beginning. Find a block to push in that room then smash some pots with your sword!