PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to...

Dominator_101
01-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Well, I just got ZC a few days ago, and I was wondering if you can add more people to the list of people that you can make appear in houses, and how you do it if you can.

Nimono
01-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Well, I just got ZC a few days ago, and I was wondering if you can add more people to the list of people that you can make appear in houses, and how you do it if you can.

Not exactly, and also not with the enemy editor in 2.11 beta 16 and onward. Instead, use the Fire guy. Make his tiles invisible (in the tile editor), and, on layers 1 and/or 2, place the tiles you want him to use. This method is actually better because you can make the "guy" animate, since he's nothing but combos. ;)

Dominator_101
01-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Not exactly, and also not with the enemy editor in 2.11 beta 16 and onward. Instead, use the Fire guy. Make his tiles invisible (in the tile editor), and, on layers 1 and/or 2, place the tiles you want him to use. This method is actually better because you can make the "guy" animate, since he's nothing but combos. ;)

Wait, what exactly do you mean by the fire guy? I think I know what the layers are, but do you mean when you tell it to display Fire as the guy? And where do you go to edit them?

Nimono
01-16-2007, 05:48 PM
...Oops. I guess I forgot to say that. Okay, open the tile editor (Quest->Graphics->Tiles). Look on Page 0 (the starting page) for a fire. It's near the Fairy and on the row above the other Guys (you can't miss it or them). If you don't see a single-tile Fire then the tileset you're using doesn't have it and you don't need to worry about it. If you DO see one that's all by its lonesome (I.e., doesn't look like you'd animate it), click it once and press delete. You're done. Now, to place it... Well, I'm sure you know how to place a normal guy, right? You go to Data->Guy. In 2.10, there's Abei, Ama, Fire, Moblin, Merchant, Fairy, and Goriya, though not in that exact order. Choose Fire. People normally use that Guy type for strings that don't require an actual guy talking, or when the actual guy isn't what tey want shown. Some people leave the Fire guy's tiles alone and use it as a normal guy!

Dominator_101
01-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Wait, how do I put the tile of the guy I want in there? Do I replace the fire's tile with the one I want? Or is there something Else I do?

Dominator_101
01-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Umm... Well, I deleted the fire sprite that was there, and it made no fire at all... Then, when I replaced the fire sprite, here is what happened...
http://i18.tinypic.com/2zrdhzt.jpg
If that way works in other versions, then I might just have one you cant do it in. I have Version 2.10.

Dominator_101
01-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Anyone else no how to make whoever you want in a house, since the other person isnt on anymore?

Nimono
01-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Anyone else no how to make whoever you want in a house, since the other person isnt on anymore?

Am too on. I like leaving my status as invisible. Stick around. I'm on all night. :sly:

I just told you- read my aboves posts to find what you want. And I kinda forgot about the Guy fires... If you don't like that, just click the rule "No Guy Room Fires". People rarely keep the fires on, anyways.

And I'm going to get this before anyone else:

Don't triple-post. It's a lot worse than double-posting, and it's against the rules....

Dominator_101
01-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Oh, sorry for the triple post... I guess I could just put fire in the rooms I want them in Manually... So that would work I guess. Thanks for the help!

The_Amaster
01-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Don't actually replace the fire sprite in the tile menu. Leavi it blank, and then put the person you want manually on the screen on layer one. That way you have a much better variety of people to use from.

Dominator_101
01-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Hmm... Yeah, That would work too. I didnt think about putting more people in later. Thanks! And is there anyway to import sprites into the tile set, or do I have to make them all in the tile editor?

shonox
01-17-2007, 12:37 PM
A few ways to get better tiles, you can edit the quest 210test included in V.2.10, and go to File>Export>Graphics Pack, then go to your quest and do File>Import>Graphics Pack.

You can find much better tilesets at purezc.com, look under All Tilesets, download it, and do the same thing.

Also if you dont want the fires next to the guy, go Quest>Rules> and check the No Guy Room Fires, as well as any other thing you want

Dominator_101
01-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Wait, for making new people displayed in the houses, How would I make it so they don't show up in the other houses that have people in them? If I just place a tile in the house screen, It will show up When I go in any other house. Is it possible to do something so that won't happen? Also, Then couldnt I only have one alternate person?

Joe123
01-17-2007, 05:14 PM
You have to make a whole new dmap, and make your houses in that one. Make a new dmap as a dungeon or cave, with a level number greater than 0. Draw out your cave interior, then set the guy as fire, string and room type etc. as you so desire and set your cave to warp to that room rather than the 80 on the overworld map. When you need to make another cave, you must use another screen. You can then have as many different guys as you like, by just by making them all different graphics:thumbsup:

Dominator_101
01-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Whenever I try to make something go to something other then 80, It goes to 80 anyway... Well, Ill just keep trying.

Joe123
01-17-2007, 05:34 PM
ahhhh, you don't want to have the warp set to 'cave/item room', rather, 'insta warp with blackout'. Make sure to set the blue square in the room you're warping to, aswell as a side warp in that room to take you back to the screen you came from, also with the 'insta warp with blackout' type.

Dominator_101
01-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Ok, thanks! I also have another question, and I dont know if you can answer it, but once I export a graphics pack, is there any way I can edit it? Do i use a certain program? or do I just need to import one someone else has already made? because It would take a while to do all the editing in ZC, especially because When I do it for long periods of time it usually crashes...

The_Amaster
01-17-2007, 05:51 PM
you could import them like regular into your quest, draw them on the screen, go to Misc.->Take Snapshot, than go to your ZC folder, find the snapshot, edit it in any regular graphics program, and then get it back into ZC by going to the tile editor and using grab. You may need to recolor tho.

Dominator_101
01-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Ok, Ill try that. Would grabbing be grabbing the whole tile set at once, or just one tile?