PDA

View Full Version : Heart Refill Ideas

Linkus
01-15-2007, 05:38 PM
I was thinking about the heart refill, and it just popped into my mind; The Heart Refill needs some work. So what exactly does the Heart Refill need? Well, here's a list of ideas:

Quest Rule:1/4 Heart Refill--The Heart Refill uses the 1/4 heart tiles when refilling, giving it a better look.
Quest Rule: Animated Refill--Uses "MISC: Heart Refill"(new object) as an animation while refilling, like so in LttP where the hearts turned aound as a fairy healed Link.
Quest Rule: Double Refill Time(Fairy)--Doubles refill time when at a Fairy Fountain.
Quest Rule: Double Refill Time(Potion)--Doubles refill time for potions.

These are partially related, but worth mentioning:

MISC: Fairy Heart--Used by the fairy in the Fairy circle. This separates the fairy heart from the selection cursor in the "CONTINUE, SAVE, RETRY" screen, allowing for more variety, given that it is a restriction.
Screen Rule: Don't Use Fairy Ring-- Doesn't use the fairy ring for that particular screen(think beds for example)

That's my input on this. What are your thoughts on it?

Din
02-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Nice ideas! I have one to add too.

"Heart Rings L1 + L2" With these L1 heals link if he walks around for 30 seconds by 1/2 a heart. L2 heals link even when he is standing still. (like in oracles,)

The_Amaster
02-10-2007, 04:34 PM
I like the speedup rules. It's always bugged me how long it takes for a Potion to heal you.