PDA

View Full Version : How to play with your keyboard

Alby1977
01-15-2007, 02:42 AM
Question for all of you....

I installed the Classic Zelda game.... I know how to move with the arrows but how do you use you sword to kill....

if anyone can help please let me know

thanks Albert

erm2003
01-15-2007, 10:12 AM
The defaults for the A and B buttons may be CTRL and ALT, but if you press ESC or use the mouse you can find the keyboard options and customize the buttons to your liking. Just make sure you don't assign the same keystroke twice or it will mess things up.

SUCCESSOR
01-16-2007, 02:20 AM
A wonderfully stupid post. It's not a surprise that you can't find control options as you can't even find the zelda forums. Let alone the newbie forums.

Shouldn't being a complete moron be an insta-ban? I mean how many times have I been banned for being an asshole. Shouldn't it go both ways.

Jigglysaint
01-16-2007, 03:07 PM
I think it's interesting that the default keys for ZC are CTL and ALT, because Nesticle, the emulator that Phantom Menace no doubt used in the production has the same button configuration.

If I wouldn't know better, I'd swear that his emulation of the default keys in ZC is a result of using Nesticle.

War Lord
01-21-2007, 01:52 PM
We did use nesticle, though ctrl and alt just make sense. They're the default buttons used for a lot of older games along with the arrow keys.

koopa
01-21-2007, 02:18 PM
My personal setup is WASD for arrows and right shift and minus (Swiss keyboard, minus is next to the shift) for A/B, start is ENTER just above and the keys around there (where the US layout has : and stuff) for L/R and map.

ShadowTiger
01-21-2007, 03:17 PM
I used the standard Right Ctrl, Left Alt, Spacebar, Arrow Keys layout. It's still the method I'm using for ZC as well.

I haven't even had an accident involving the windows or frame key this or last year yet. Sweet.

Modus Ponens
01-21-2007, 03:27 PM
When I keyboard it up, I use the arrows for movement, and S and D for A and B, respectively. Then I have W and E for L and R, and Enter for Start and Tab for the map.

I do find it interesting, though, that my most comfortable keyboard setup puts movement on my right hand and action on my left, since that's just the very opposite of the way it works on a video game controller. Then we have someone like koopa here who switches it up. I'd be interested to learn, koop, if you've always played games that way, or if you used to do it the other way round.