PDA

View Full Version : Circular Movement

Fire Wizzrobe
01-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Can anyone explain to me how to make a FFC move in circles around a point?(Mathematically too?) All I know is that it has something to do with the modulus and for structure.

Saffith
01-14-2007, 11:27 PM
Not too hard:

for(int i = 0; true; i = (i + 1) % 360)
{
this->X = centerX + radius * Cos(i);
this->Y = centerY + radius * Sin(i);
Waitframe();
}

_L_
01-15-2007, 12:35 AM
Fun Fact: it is possible to make an FFC move in a circle using only four Changers! I leave this as an exercise to the reader.

C-Dawg
01-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Clever use of accelleration, I imagine. Changers are set at the points of intersection between a square and an inscribed circle, and the changers mess with the velocity and accelleration of the FFC.

DarkDragon
01-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Fun Fact: it is possible to make an FFC move in a circle using only four Changers! I leave this as an exercise to the reader.

Unlikely. In a diamond maybe, but not a circle.

Revfan9
01-15-2007, 10:24 PM
I've done it before, although it's very, very difficult and requires a lot of mathematical calculations.

DarkDragon
01-16-2007, 11:16 AM
I don't think so, unless something like torsion has been added as an FFC attribute. An object travelling in a circle is constantly accelerating in the direction of the vector from the object to the circle's center, and this direction changes continuously, so I don't see how such movement is possible with a finite number of attribute changes.