PDA

View Full Version : Declaring a variable...

Nimono
01-14-2007, 09:03 PM
How exactly do I declare a variable without it referring to anything but a number? Do I use "int (variable name here)", or is there something else I need to do? My script I'm working on has a variable "remainder" that's the end result of the X-position of an FFC divided by 16. How do I declare remainder as a variable?

Note: Yes, I DID read the ZScript Technical FAQ AND the documentation, but there's nothing in them about declaring variables.

Fire Wizzrobe
01-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Yes. Like;

int variablename = value

for decimal numbers;

float variablename = value

Nimono
01-14-2007, 09:19 PM
I alway thought that int and float were used the exact same way... Oh well. I have no idea what number will turn up, so I'll just use float, just to be on the safe side. Thank you!

Edit: Great... I need to place a Push flag on the FFC, but... ComboF() isn't a function of my pointer.... I put Screen->ComboF(61), because I wanted my FFC to have Flag 61 on it so I could push it. What's going on? I even put the FFC's pointer and = !

Edit2: Well, this is stupid. Now it's saying that ffc->Flags() is an invalid function for an FFC pointer. Help?
Edit3: Yay! All I needed to do was change the parentheses to brackets. Now it compiled, so it's time to test! :D

Saffith
01-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Technically, int and float are the same in ZScript, but it's a good idea to use them differently so it's clear how the variables are intended to be used.