PDA

View Full Version : Are there any shop slots available?

ShadowTiger
01-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Long yammering short, I was looking through the list of shops, looking for some way I could put in a "General Munitions Depot" but there wasn't a single shop that was free out of all sixteen slots. Is there one of them that we could free up for a "General store" or something? Like, ... 30 arrows for $30, 20 bombs for $40, or a blue medicine worth $50? Perhaps some other supplies?

Remember, our normal keys (Non-level specific, non-boss, etc.) are going to have the appearance of lockpicks, and as far as I recall, only the King Of Thieves will be selling them. So far, Shop #13, 9, 3, and 1 are selling them. Any particular reason in mind?

CJC
01-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Hmmm... is it safe to assume that these lockpicks will work on any lock, or would the level-specific keys override them?

And if you're seeing them in multiple places, there's a chance that some of those shops were never edited from the default in the first place.

But never fear! The shop number will be increased from 16 to 32 relatively soon (Or so I've heard.)

_L_
01-13-2007, 10:46 PM
Oh, right, increasing the shop numbers. I'd better do that.

ShadowTiger
01-13-2007, 11:09 PM
Hmmm... is it safe to assume that these lockpicks will work on any lock, or would the level-specific keys override them?The Level-Specific keys only appear within the Dmap that uses that level number. I think it's pretty much pointless to put level-specific keys in a shop, .. .. well, .. for quite a number of reasons. O.o' Most of them consist of the fact that Level Numbers probably won't match up for the place you buy the Key and the place you'll be using it, often through sheer chance. Thus, the only time I can really imagine that you'd see anything "Level-Specific" (I mean, relative to a Dmap Level Number, ... not the actual item, Level Specific Key.) is if there's a shop within a dungeon, and both share the same level number.

And if you're seeing them in multiple places, there's a chance that some of those shops were never edited from the default in the first place.Could also be a possibility. I doubt it though. (Well, except Shop #3 and #4, which are the blue ring and potion shops, respectively.

Shops 5 through 7 deal exclusively in bombs. Shop 5 is similar to shop 6, only several rupees less expensive. I know that this is certainly a good thing relative to diversity, but yeah, it does eat up the shop slots like ... well, ... me at a Sushi buffet. (I'm not telling anyone my personal record. Nobody would believe me.)

But never fear! The shop number will be increased from 16 to 32 relatively soon (Or so I've heard.)I'm not sure how many people have licked the developers' shoes as of late, but I'm sure _L_'s shoes are still in desperate need of a towel.

Or a sponge.