PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Triggers

Shoelace
01-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Okay, I was kind of sad when I couldn't get block holes to act as a block trigger. I wanted to be able to open up the path once the block holes were on the spots. But block hole doesn't trigger secrets sadly.

So I was thinking for the block hole to cycle to a combo: "Automatic Trigger".

See if the automatic trigger is in the screen, the secrets will be activated. This can be used in other things too! Anyways, of course there would have to be 2 combos for this:

Automatic Trigger Temp and Automatic Trigger Perm.

--Shoelace:googly:

C-Dawg
01-13-2007, 09:59 PM
You can do this using the multiblock trigger script in script showcase.

Sephiroth
01-13-2007, 10:12 PM
You can do this using the multiblock trigger script in script showcase.
C-Dawg, what about those quest makers that don't want to have to fiddle around with FFC Scripts?

Shoelace
01-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Well I don't know scripts though which is why I suggested this. I will look into the script if it isn't added though. And try to figure that out.

C-Dawg
01-13-2007, 10:32 PM
C-Dawg, what about those quest makers that don't want to have to fiddle around with FFC Scripts?

They need to get over it. Once a script is done, using it is just as simple as doing anything else in Zquest. Load the script, create and FFC, assign it the proper variables (in a pull-down, point-and-click menu) and you're done.

Actually CODING scripts, I can see people being apprehensive about. ZQuest should be, and is, accessible to all skill types. People with all levels of experience can immediately see results of their designing, which is what makes this program so compelling.

But when the script is already done...? Its just plug and chug, man.

ShadowTiger
01-13-2007, 10:36 PM
Well, Actually Scripting is considerably more difficult than merely working with Freeform combos and attaching scripts to them. Even if you find both difficult, you do already know that the latter is going to be infinitely less challenging than the former is at the moment. (You know it's true. :p )

EDIT: .. G'haa, simultaneous post.

Radien ZC
01-14-2007, 11:52 PM
As a side note, you can achieve this affect in a limited capacity by setting "Enemies -> Secret" on a screen that has no enemies.

I'm not sure I entirely understood what you want to do with an automatic trigger, though, so this might not be useful to you.

idontknow
01-15-2007, 01:12 AM
One thing I'd use Automatic triggers for is like if you have a trigger that you activate (such as a Burn Flag), then you could have the secret combo of the burn flag eventually cycle to a combo with an "Automatic Trigger" type. This would then trigger the teir 2 secrets. You could therefore make 'delayed' secrets so that when one trigger is activated, the other secrets don't appear until a few seconds later (or whatever you want to make it via combo cycling)

A more specific example is to have combos that look like bomb flowers with an arrow flag on them. When hit with an arrow, they change into a bomb flower with a lit fuse and then a few seconds later, an explosion appears and after the explosion is done, an automatic trigger apears, which causes the second tier of secrets to appear, so that an obstacle, such as a boulder, is destroyed and reveals a new path.

So i'm all for Automatic Triggers!

Shoelace
01-15-2007, 01:27 AM
This was a post that was going to posted an hour ago, but my computer messed up but here it is:

Radien actually it wasn't. :( Mainly like I said, block holes don't work as triggers. And I think there should be a way to make them a trigger. It makes sense to me. Automatic Triggers work like Automatic warps where if the combo is on the screen it will trigger the secrets. Since block holes go to the next tiles, it could cycle into a Automatic trigger.

Actually I think if there was a flag called block hole trigger, this would be better. I thought of it, and then passed it out because I thought the Automatic trigger was a better suggestion because of all of the other things you could do with it, but now I think the block hole trigger flag would be good.... *slaps face*

Edit: But yeah, I think Automatic triggers would be a cool feature and not that hard to make as there is code for both things basically. But a way to trigger block holes was why I suggested this. And I don't think that would be hard to make either: Block hole, and then act like a block trigger.