PDA

View Full Version : maintain list location in enemy editor

beefster09
01-13-2007, 06:13 PM
It gets really annoying when you're editing some enemies that are in the same area and it scrolls all the way to the top. What it should do is remember where in the list you were and resume that spot so you don't have to scroll all the way back. If you change the enemy's name it would put you where it was placed. (its name at the very top of the "screen")

redmage777
01-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Here is a Trick that should help you. Rename the Enemy in Question with a Number or Symbal as the first letter. "!Octorok(Red)" for example will appear at the top of the list. Delete the "!" and the Enemy will return to its Proper position.

beefster09
01-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Interesting. That is genius. But what if you only need to change one thing in like 6 different enemies.

redmage777
01-14-2007, 12:03 AM
Well, it doesen't answer all your Problems, But it is a good way to seperate monsters that you have created or customised from all the default ones. I generally try to keep track of all my custom monsters this way.

!Monster- Custom Monster.
*Monster - Edited Default Monster.

Another Short cut I just remebered is typing the monsters first letter, Typing "O" for example take you to "Octorok (L1, Fast)" And all the other "O"s are all that much closer now.

beefster09
01-14-2007, 05:57 PM
I have to try that.

EDIT: That is awesome! It is indispensable, since it works. Definitely something that belongs in the manual for ZQuest!