PDA

View Full Version : New warp type: Insta-Warp with fade

Nimono
01-12-2007, 10:29 PM
It's just like it sounds- It fades the colors of the current palette when you use this warp type. For simplicity, it should only work when Interpolated Fading is on and you set up those Dark colors in the palettes, but then there's the problem of all the colors that AREN'T palette-specific. That might pose a problem, unless a special new sprite palette is set up for those "dark" colors. Either that, or the game automatically checks the RGB values of each color in the game and simply fades them when this insta-warp type tells it to.

Anyways, this warp type is ideal for cutscenes, or when you're entering a new area. This isn't like the "scrolling-warp-to-another-dmap-with-a-different-palette" thing. THIS WARP FADES ALL COLORS. That way, Link and enemies won't appear above a black screen when this warp occurs. Besides, who even LIKES that? Okay, I'll admit, it's PERFECT for Metroid-style quests, but not Zelda-style!

If you want, you can instead call this warp "Fade Warp" instead, since, well, it doesn't INSTANTLY warp you.... Heh.... Then again, neither do the other Insta-Warp options (besides just plain Insta-Warp).

Thoughts?

The_Amaster
01-13-2007, 10:44 AM
I read your post, thought about it for a sec, and said "HOLY...". This is perfect for a few specialized things I need in my quest. Seconded.

BTW, this is my 400th post. I'm a member! Yay:kawaii:

Radien ZC
01-14-2007, 11:47 PM
You mean the "fade to black" transition that is used for scrolling warps that send the player to a different DMap with a different palette?

Since the effect is already in ZC, yeah, it'd be nice to have access to it as a warp type. When I first saw the fade transition, I was asking around about how to use it, until I found out it's only accessible by scroll-warping between two different palettes.