PDA

View Full Version : Item Script Help

Revfan9
01-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Alright, thanks to some explanation from Jman, I sortof know how to work item scripts. However, I do not know how to change Link's tile for a specific item. What I want to do, is have Link's tile change to him playing the Ocarina whenever he plays it, and it stays there until the song is finished. Help?

jman2050
01-12-2007, 10:25 PM
can't do it at the moment.

itsyfox
01-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Ooh! Although, maybe your script could create an ffc with 'draw over', at link's position? Would this cover Link?

Come to think, if you were to have a global script always have that ffc on a screen, or perhaps you could even set link's tiles to completely empty ones...you could completely customize link. The FFC could span multiple tiles or use the drawing functions, too.

You could react to any input or event you wanted with a different link! o_O

That would be cool.

C-Dawg
01-13-2007, 01:22 AM
I actually just did that. I added a dashing script, where the FFC is on each screen. When the player holds R to dash, the FFC goes to his location and shows a little "speed" animation. Problem is, setting the draw over flag to true doesn't seem to actually draw the FFC over the player.

Revfan9
01-13-2007, 07:17 PM
C-Dawg, "draw over" doesn't make the FFC go over Link, "Draw over" means that Link is drawn OVER the FFC. I think FFCs are above layer 6 by default.

I guess it would be possible to have 2 FFCs on each screen, one going over Link, the other being the whistle, being invisible until it goes over Link, changing its combo. But that sounds tedious, and therefore I don't want to do it. Ah well.

*adds "changing Link's animation" into script suggestion for item scripts*

Saffith
01-13-2007, 10:51 PM
No, it's the other way around. FFCs are normally between layers 0 and 1; the "Draw Over" flag moves them higher up. Between layers 3 and 4, I think, but it might be 5 and 6. Link's drawn over them if the rule's unchecked.
It must not work right to set it when the script's already running. I don't know how easy that would be to change... I suppose you could switch to a second FFC that had the flag checked from the beginning, though that seems rather silly.