View Full Version : Excellent Zelda 3 Hack Released

Gunslinger
01-12-2007, 02:23 AM
Enjoy.

http://zeldaparallelworlds.googlepages.com/intro

Nicholas Steel
01-12-2007, 04:32 AM
Very Very Awesome ! ! !

edit: this is definatly something that you don't see all too often now-a-days.

Darth Marsden
01-12-2007, 06:14 AM
Zelda hacks... no, you don't see many. Especially for ALttP. I'll have to give it a try.

There are tons of Sonic hacks out there though. Anybody given them a try, out of curiosity?

Nicholas Steel
01-12-2007, 08:50 AM
if anyone works out how to get to sahasralah then PM me...

also USE SAVESTATES... i had a look at dying after i got the candle and some bombs... and i started back at the start with nothing.

and the castlegrounds is fricken tedious untill you get your sword.

and taking the princess outside does not mean out side the building via the main entrance ;)

Luigi
01-12-2007, 10:05 AM
if anyone works out how to get to sahasralah then PM me...

He's in one of the ships at the docks.

mrz84
01-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Looks excellent. This will keep me busy for awhile. :kitty:

ShadowTiger
01-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Well, this looks amazing.

Amazingly complex, that is. It's practically on another planet, for those who don't know how to patch ROMs. While they obviously don't want to give anyone the full ROM, they could at least provide some sort of means of patching it for those who do possess the ROM.

.. EDIT: .. Eh, nevermind. :blah: It was surprisingly easy. (http://fusoya.panicus.org/lips/) :sweat: Just google that program he mentions, and it leads you right there. Download, unzip, doubleclick Lunar IPS.exe, then select the .ips file you had hopefully unzipped, then choose the ALTTP Rom, .. .. it's no problem at all.

Dart Zaidyer
01-12-2007, 03:10 PM
The unfortunate problem with this hack is that the dungeons commit every possible crime against good quest design and a fair challenge. The overworld and dungeons were handled separately by two authors, explaining why the overworld is awesome and the dungeons are hell.
It's so bad that the guy who did the overworlds has already begun working on restoring sanity to the dungeon side of the quest, in fact. (Though it could take a while, as the only available LttP hacking tool in existence is infamous for randomly ruining various bits of the game for no reason while editing.)

Cloral
01-12-2007, 04:21 PM
I just got this yesterday and died in the first dungeon. Frikkin' hard for a first level. Though I do like a challenge so I can't complain just yet.

Nicholas Steel
01-12-2007, 07:19 PM
i liked the challenge altho the monologue needs lots of work.

also i asked HOW TO GET TO SAHASRALAH.... i know where he is.... but how do i get there? i got to some docks but all there was was a diving platform [dock just beneath the potion shop]... yay thats gonna help me tons without the flippers.

also... i apparently forgot to get the boomerang.

i seriously hope they don't change the dungeons or overworld to super dooper mega easy -.-' as i've found the challenge very very nice and unique.

Gunslinger
01-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Franpa, talk to NPC's in the village to find out where you can get "flippers".

I absoltely love the dungeon difficulty (finished 2 so far).

Nicholas Steel
01-12-2007, 08:22 PM
ok, now that i knew the flippers were required... i found and spoke... now heading to somewhere :P (im gonna see if i can go through the church and get the boomerang -.-' if not im gonna be annoyed :P

Nimono
01-12-2007, 08:26 PM
What hack is this, Parallel Worlds? I've been meaning to play that for the past few days, but forgot to download it. Heh...

Franpa: You'll hate this hack soon enough. It IS Parallel Worlds, and the one thing people at Acmlm's Board are complaining about is... THAT BOOMERANG. They say if you miss it the first time... Well, you get the idea. O_o That's bad design, if you ask me. Oh well. No reason NOT to play it. :p

Nicholas Steel
01-12-2007, 08:32 PM
if i have to ill cheat the boomerang into my inventory.

Nicholas Steel
01-13-2007, 01:17 AM
ok, done dungeon 2... now where do i go? i've reached the sky clouds and looked around where the master sword lies and i've searched through a couple of caves... but cant find the 3rd dungeon. i have no clue of where to go... the guy giving the main clues is only saying the same thing about the 2nd jewel...

the miniboss before the boss in level 2 is rediculos and i doubt anyone who has a life would put effort on a real console into beating it.

edit: now i got 2 more hearts and i think i found the dungeon.

Cloral
01-13-2007, 03:06 AM
I've got a question: what do you do after you get the big key on the guardhouse? I can't reach my uncle as I need another key, and the big key won't open the big treasure chest on the 1st floor. Is there another key hanging out somewhere that I've missed? I'm tired of running around this stupid level.

Nicholas Steel
01-13-2007, 03:17 AM
you know the top floor? you can use it to open the big locks up there... also if you have a spare key then you can access the room next to your uncle and then use the small key... if not then i dunno... check the walkthrough in the readme...

-----
small update... it seems i missed the item in the 2nd dungeon... sooo now i got the big chest key but i cant find the big chest... help ! !

Cloral
01-13-2007, 03:30 AM
Yeah, I forgot about the door in the wine cellar. Silly me.
Now I got the sword, those damn guards better watch out!

KJAZZ
01-13-2007, 04:02 AM
Yep, started this last night and I'm only in the first dungeon... I'll probably play it a little bit, on and off. Seems pretty good so far, most LttP hacks before this seemed very ameteurish...

Nicholas Steel
01-13-2007, 04:33 AM
its a pain to get the cane of somaria (the one that protects you)... unless you use turbo keys :) then you can hover to the chest... hopefully its the only time ill have cheated in this epic quest.

still need help on that big chest.

edit: found it ! phew now onto the real 3rd dungeon.

Nicholas Steel
01-14-2007, 01:31 AM
ok, done the first palace :P got tons more hearts then before... 13 i think... and a few things here and there... um i doubt i can do anything now... im leaning towards needing a full walkthrough... just to refer to every so often....

also note... the palace marked on your map when you enter the parallel worlds is incorrect... thats not the 1st palace because you cant do anything in it... read the sign in the house where your house was for some clues.

TwilightKing
01-14-2007, 03:37 AM
I know this is going to sound stupid but i need help i downloaded Lunar ips and i have the original Zelda 3 but i cant find out how to get the game

Darth Marsden
01-14-2007, 07:11 AM
You need a SNES Rom of Zelda ALttP. Google for it, it shouldn't be too hard to find. Then you'll need a SNES emulator - I recommend SNES9x (http://www.snes9x.com/). As for patching the Rom...

Load Lunar IPS.exe, then select the .ips file you had hopefully [downloaded], then choose the ALTTP Rom...
Load up SNES9x, then select 'Open Rom' and select your ALttP Rom and away you go.

Nicholas Steel
01-14-2007, 07:22 AM
i think i forgot something rather important -.-' before any of you enter the main castle in the first world could one of you people scour around the parallel tower? im thinking i was meant to beat that first... because inside it im almost certain is the tool for warping between the 2 worlds which i am so far missing.... im stuck in the 2nd world... heeellp.

Luigi
01-14-2007, 10:11 AM
The mirror's located in the second worlds' Parallel Tower.

ShadowTiger
01-14-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm actually still stuck in the very first part of the game. As far as I know, I've been everywhere and done everything short of bombing literally everything that I possibly can. The only "sign" in "Your House" that I can see reads: "Welcome to the hack. 1.0. Enjoy" or something like that.

I have the lamp, and bombs aren't a problem. I got the heart container from the church, and that's really about it. :shrug: It's still raining, and there are yellow NPC (Non-Enemy) guards everywhere, blocking off access to things. They speak of cave alternatives to entry, but I haven't found any so far.

Little tip? :p

EDIT: ... Okay. I've managed to make some progress. The tip is, if you see a hole, save your state, and fall through it. If you take damage, reload. If you enter a new area, ... ... good. :p

Here's where to go, for those of you who are stuck in the first area. Don't forget to get the lamp and the heart container from the church, as well as at least ten bombs from the house to the right of the shop!
-=SPOILER=-

Imprisoned
01-14-2007, 01:38 PM
*Cough* ownage *cough*

Sam Atoms
01-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Well, I've got the Hammer, the mushroom, and the Magic Powder, but I don't know where to go next in Nayru's Bay, and Din's Cavern looks just plain nasty.

Nicholas Steel
01-14-2007, 09:08 PM
how do i get the mirror? or better yet... how do i get that cane that makes blocks? (kinda needed to make any remote progress in the tower.) also... i think i need it because the ice temple is kinda impossible to find the boss in.

DFW i was pretty sure the cave near the church took you where you needed to go.

something im looking forward to would be him putting X's on your overworld map for all the sub-objectives lol.....

edit: FOUND THAT FRIGGIN CANE.

edit 2: now... how do i get this mirror? i looked around a bit and got up to the point for the 2nd clue but just kept walking around and around... there was no way to get this mystical mirror of mystery.

{DSG}DarkRaven
01-15-2007, 12:17 AM
I find it hard to believe that nobody had a copy of Lunar floating around. I'm surprised because I find it hard to believe that nobody has played this (http://fusoya.panicus.org/lm/dw.html), which I originally found linked in an old thread on THIS forum. If you haven't played what I linked to (which probably deserves it's own thread), you really, really should.

Nicholas Steel
01-15-2007, 12:20 AM
i think its been posted when it came out like 3/4 years ago.... and is now buried deep in the catacombs of armageddons past... plus a new mario game isnt as epic as a decent quest game.

{DSG}DarkRaven
01-15-2007, 12:31 AM
i think its been posted when it came out like 3/4 years ago.... and is now buried deep in the catacombs of armageddons past... plus a new mario game isnt as epic as a decent quest game.

It may not be as epic, but it's another complete overhaul of a fine game that ended up even finer. Sure, around here, everybody has a boner for Zelda. But I doubt you'd ever find any hacked classic that could even come close to comparing to Parallel Worlds.

At any rate, this is comparing apples to oranges. They're both excellent and that's that.

Patching the rom as we speak.

Nicholas Steel
01-15-2007, 08:14 PM
ok, i started again and cheated via freezing my health till i got back to where i was... i just wanted to make sure i checked every single nook and cranny in the first world... also i found out i was missing the item from the water temple... now i got it but the ice temple is still baffling... i can get to a point where the book wont help me exit the place for good... and in the parallel tower i just walk in circles at clue #2.

yea im cheating... so what?.... its roughly the same as savestates.

{DSG}DarkRaven
01-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Uh, save states isn't entirely cheating, depending on how you use them. I mostly use them to save the game exactly where I am before I quit. Now the backwards button in ZSNES, that's cheating, and I fully admit to using it all too frequently. But infinite health? That's bad.

But, as long as you dont' actually use it to progress forward, I suppose it's tolerable.

ShadowTiger
01-16-2007, 12:30 AM
... ... Oh my god. o.o' There's a free key in the basement of the church in the frozen world. I don't think it's paired to anything. Hell, I still have a spare key from another cave I don't think I ever explored completely. Oh bloody hell...

It's here:-=SPOILER=-

Modus Ponens
01-16-2007, 01:24 AM
Can anybody just come out and tell me how to get through the Parallel World Lost Woods in this game? I give up.

Edit: Okay, that won't be necessary. I figgered it out.

Gunslinger
01-16-2007, 02:55 AM
A few things I've figured out:

ShadowTiger, that key you found isn't exactly a spare key. You can't use it in any arbitrary dungeon, but there is a use for it.

To anyone who missed the boomerang in the beginning of the game: it is possible to find the red boomerang later in the game.

Nicholas Steel
01-16-2007, 03:13 AM
thanks for that shadow tiger... thats the key im missing :P

slothman
01-16-2007, 09:19 AM
I'm stuck.
No, I jumped into a small alley and can't leave because I keep talking to the lady.
Just a minor bug it would seem.
Ahh savestates.
Luckely this game isn't recording those or it would crash from overflow.

It was hard getting through the tower without a sword.

ShadowTiger
01-16-2007, 11:49 AM
I just got stuck in Ruto's Fortress. The southeast exit won't let you leave by jumping off the upper layer onto the ground layer of the outside, while all the doors back to the entrance are seemingly one-way, with the pushblocks doing visibly nothing. I have two extra keys in that dungeon but can't find any locked doors to use them on. Then again, considering the fact that I've wandered into the last recommended dungeon before I even tackle the first, I think I'm both brave and stupid for even having bothered with it in the first place.

So a note to those who are about to tackle Ruto's Fortress: DON'T lift any pots if you can help it, particularly in the first room. You'll need to use them as hookshot targets.

franpa, where is this key (That I found that you needed) used, exactly? Use spoiler tags if you can, please. Thanks.

Nicholas Steel
01-16-2007, 12:40 PM
-=SPOILER=-

i found sheiks hideout... its gonna be one heck of a brain teaser from the looks of it... just like the parallel tower is.

ShadowTiger
01-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Ah, thank you. :) Gotcha. ^^.

I actually haven't even been through either parallel tower yet. I need the Cane Of Somaria for the Ice World's Tower, while I needed something I didn't have in the Light world's. Can't seem to figure out how to get back to the light world yet, but I'm working on it.

I also just found Shiek's hideout. Indeed, it really is quite the nasty puzzler. Bring medicine. Lots and lots and lots of medicine. > <. BLUE Medicine. Damn lasers... Now, if teleporters aren't working for you, walk a little to the left of them instead of fully on them. Now I'm trying to find a way to get the big key. I just can't quite seem to find a way to it. What I thought would have been a big key (For the doors, not the chests.) turned out to be a small key, which I can't find the corresponding door to.

So where is the first dungeon in the ice world, anyway? I'll bet it's west of the quarry.

Oh, BTW, ... if you have the patience to run through most of Ruto's Fortress, the chest item is very worth it. ;)

EDIT.

I officially renounce sanity.

I just played through the Darunia and Nabooru dungeons, ... ... and oh my dear god sir. They're labyrinths. Both of them. One is a labyrinth of holes. Each floor between level one and level eight is composed of nothing but holes and the tiny walkways the creator places to make you walk right into them due to having nowhere else to go. Geez. Each floor is totally dark, so you can't even see your goal, whatever it is. The bottom floor, floor eight, has one-way shutters (All closed, of course.) all around the room that you can't find a way into. It's going to be one fine trip into hell and back, that one. :rolleyes: Darunia's dungeon is a throwback to the ... well, you'll see. Pretty interesting. Be sure to find the boss key and at least one normal key between entering the series of rooms and going up a different ladder than you came in. Oh, and TAKE NOTES. Bring graph paper. Holy crap I swear to mod, you'll need it. :p I guess it couldn't hurt to bring graph paper to Nabooru's hole, though it'll be infinitely harder to use.

*sigh* ... Okay. Let's work out Nabooru's hole together. I'll post a spoiler box, and each line will contain information as to that floor. If it contains simply "fall" then there will only be one hole to go into. If I say "left" you should look for the leftmost hole that you can reach. If I say "hookshot" then the first thing you should do is look for a place to hookshot yourself over somewhere. The first line will say which hole in which of the four top floor rooms to go to. When we've reached the eighth floor, just let yourself be grabbed by the ceiling master.

To get to the Big Chest:-=SPOILER=-

Okay, there's a chest here which I think contained the mysterious tablet:
-=SPOILER=-

Now, there's also something odd. There's a button under a pot that doesn't seem to do much of anything. Here's where it is:
-=SPOILER=-

Ignore this one: It's just my little template. It's totally blank. :p
-=SPOILER=-

Nicholas Steel
01-16-2007, 09:02 PM
instructions for getting that friggin' tablet in nabooru's holes. (note that the main reason why i wrote this is because what shadowtiger said is misleading :P no offence ST)
-=SPOILER=-

sorry shadow tiger but these are more sane instructions then yours :P it doesn't require walking off the edge of a pit.

do you need help with getting the big chest key or big door key? or getting to the boss of nabooru's holes? just ask... it pisses me off but if i feel like it ill compile some instructions.

Nicholas Steel
01-17-2007, 01:17 AM
woooo i solved the ice fortress thanks to the parallel tower it became obvious what to do :P the clue in the ice fortress is vital info required to complete the ice fortress or else you aint going no where... and if you get bumped the right way in the parallel tower you may just stumble upon what you need to do in the ice fortress.

i only got 1 single crystal left to get... and it's in sheiks hideout.

Nicholas Steel
01-17-2007, 08:28 AM
if anyone wants to find the (i think) last key in the game go right ahead here is my *.srm file... if you find the missing key contact me A.S.A.P

also... when in a dungeon like shieks hideout it will say i got 2 keys -.-' but in the parallel tower in the light world it says i got 0 keys.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0mizgywydmw

ShadowTiger
01-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Heheh, thanks for the other instructions to the tablet. :blah: That entire dungeon was touch and go for hours at a time. > <, You get used to it though.

I think one of the missing keys was west of the Parallel world village, somewhere near where you fall into the hole under the boulder to get the 1/2 magic.

BTW, what's the formula to get through the Parallel / Frost world Lost Woods? I've tried up/right/down/right/up/right/ etc but it's just not working. L_L

Modus Ponens
01-17-2007, 02:53 PM
The Lost Woods combination is pretty clever.

-=SPOILER=-

And there you go.

Nicholas Steel
01-18-2007, 02:26 AM
omfg... i just kept randomly guessing it... i didn't realize that there was a solution to it :P
im gonna check something... i know theres atleast 3 places i havnt been yet... one of them is in darunias temple.

edit: just found the 4th bottle.

now... in the light world... theres a cave at ancient pyramid falls... its got a dam or something in it... like what you see in the light world at the location of the 2nd temple in the original LttP.

how do i get there? i got there eons ago but restarted since then and have no clue at all on getting back there. (a key is guaranteed to be there)

Nicholas Steel
01-18-2007, 08:07 AM
ok, i got that key from the water dam... BUT NOW THERES ANOTHER FRIGGIN DOOR OF DOOM THAT JUST WONT DIE NO MATTER HOW MANY FRIGGIN TIMES I TING MY FREAKIN SWORD OF MIGHT AGAINST IT..... GAH where are the keys that i need?

slothman
01-18-2007, 12:50 PM
I got the jewel and item from Din's tomb but Sasharaha still says, "I think there is a jewel near the graveyard".
Do I need to do something else?
If not then where do I go next; I looked everywhere I can get to but am stuck?
Where is the last gem?
What is on the other side of the shutter in the left room of the lower part of Din's dungeon?
The part accessable from the forest?

I did beat the armos' in Nayru's bay but I had to use the boomerang.
How would it be done if I missed it?
I tried bombs and swords but it took so many I couldn't even kill one that way.

Nicholas Steel
01-18-2007, 06:58 PM
head to the cave just south of the parallel tower... you'll need the items from both the dungeons you've beaten so far to get there.

ST, you get to go back to the light world after you beat the ice worlds parallel tower.

and the first palace is in the lower left corner.

ShadowTiger
01-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Ugh. Dangit... In Saria's Garden, where is the crystal switch I need to trigger to lower these first pegs on the upper floor? Do I have to go all the way back down? I don't think I can do that because of the orange pegs blocking the open door between the pillars. They'd just raise, and I'd be back at square one. ... G'haa, nevermind, I got it. Thanks though. .. and thanks again, franpa and Riverman. :highfive: Eating away at this thing well.

EDIT: ... Okay. What the hell? I thought this would give me problems, but I wasn't as wrong as I'd hoped I'd be... In Ruto's Fortress, the torch-lighting area around the Big Chest... ... Why can't I move this central block? Do you just have to be Hermes Fast or something? Is there another way? This doesn't seem physically possible. :odd:

Nicholas Steel
01-18-2007, 10:16 PM
you must have the red/orange pegs lowered when in the ice world :)

ShadowTiger
01-18-2007, 10:39 PM
EDIT: ... Okay. What the hell? I thought this would give me problems, but I wasn't as wrong as I'd hoped I'd be... In Ruto's Fortress, the torch-lighting area around the Big Chest... ... Why can't I move this central block? Do you just have to be Hermes Fast or something? Is there another way? This doesn't seem physically possible. Sorry, just edited that in. Thanks very much, franpa. :) It's quite the challenge.

Nicholas Steel
01-18-2007, 10:42 PM
nope both fire place puzzles around the big chest are beatable... and yes that middle block wont move... thats the first place you light tho for that puzzle...

i went around it and into the fire place puzzle to the right of the one that consists of the big chest and then walked freely to the left.

ShadowTiger
01-18-2007, 10:48 PM
... ... Dude, I timed that upper leftmost lamp (With the immovable central block) at twelve seconds. There is no way in hell that it's possible to even Get TO the lower right lamp to light it between all those blocks, what with the ice and all.

How did you do it? I know it's easy to say "Just do it" or "walk to it, slowly" but this just doesn't seem like twelve seconds is physically possible. O.o I'd love to see a movie of you doing it. :blah:

Nicholas Steel
01-18-2007, 11:10 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?cnlijmmzzvm

there you go... a zmv file of me doing it rather poorly..... and i screwed up on the 2nd one but i show that its also possible because its obvious i woulda made it if i didn't screw up.

if it desyncs or doesn't like it then you'll need to update your zsnes from the svn repository... also a warning to people viewing it... i look at my inventory a few times so you will see the majority of what items are available in the game.

some ROM info for some people...

-----

NSRT v3.3 - Nach's SNES ROM Tools

---------------------Internal ROM Info----------------------
File: Parallel Worlds.smc
Name: THE LEGEND OF ZELDA Company: Nintendo
Header: NSRT Bank: LoROM
Interleaved: No SRAM: 64 Kb
Type: Normal + Batt ROM: 12 Mb
ROM Speed: 200ns (SlowROM) Revision: 1.0
Checksum: Bad 0x03E0 != 0xAF0D CRC32: 91DB6B68
MD5: DF0A6E415F732C28B6CFE9F760F5863F
--------------------------Database--------------------------
ROM wasn't found in the database (possible bad dump).
-------------------------NSRT Header------------------------
Version: 2.2
Port 1: Gamepad Port 2: Gamepad

----------------------------------------------------------

http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8121

here is zget... a very simple utility to use for aquiring and compiling the latest zsnes source code... warning... your looking at ~700mb of space for all the bloated crap needed.... takes me on a 256/64 connection to get all the crap in maybe an hour? then the source is rather easy...

just answer (after youve got all the bloated crap...)

- no to downloading whatever it is thats needed to build the dos version...
- yes to download the source
- no to download a specific version
- no to documentation (if you want it choose yes)
- no to changelog (if unless you want it choose yes)
- yes to compile
- no to dos build (only appears if you downloaded the package above for dos builds)
- yes to clear previous compiled data or whatever
- no to release grade optimizations
- yes to cpu optimizations
- yes to compress with upx

now go into the src/zsnes folder and copy the new zsnes.exe file into your good old zsnes directory and enjoy.

you can re-run zget multiple times to keep up to date with the zsnes source and compile new versions from the new source if you want... this is what ive been doing for ages.

Modus Ponens
01-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Okay, franpa, I'm going to try this, but I suspect that if you could find some way to make an .avi or something out of the movie, that would probably be the best way to go.

Nicholas Steel
01-20-2007, 10:18 PM
an avi would end up being quite a few megabytes and i don't have all day uploading a 40 or so mb file... hence why i never did in the first place.

Matteo
01-25-2007, 02:15 AM
Well I am about to give up. I have patched it several times and it still just gives me a brown screen on load up. Sounds works fine. The original rom works fine too... I'm using SNES9x. crap....

Nicholas Steel
01-25-2007, 03:27 AM
and you wander why they mention zsnes on there website...

ZTC
01-26-2007, 01:04 PM
I just downloaded this the other day, and cripe... it's fun! (that and hard as heck)

slothman
01-27-2007, 08:45 PM
What part of this requires you to get hurt?
I found 4 already, though several, but not all might be cloak defensable.
Also, what items are not present?
I still haven't found the two other medallions, the flute, and the level 4 sword; and the "blank" item.
Is the last space empty?

Nicholas Steel
01-27-2007, 09:51 PM
found 4 what? and theres 2 medallions to my knowledge... what normally would be in the blank spot?

Nicholas Steel
02-04-2007, 10:10 AM
i cant find a cheat for infinite keys... im sure there WAS one for LttP... er erm... heres my latest save :D i havn't made much progress (if any at all was made) since my last save but here it is.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fjzulzndn1z

Queso
08-26-2007, 01:53 PM
I am stuck in the rooms with the big chest and candles in Ruto's Fortress. I can open the door and be practically ten steps from it, but I can't make it. I've tried using states to perfect it, and I just can't seem to make it. I have the fire rod, both canes, three bottles, the tablet, the big chest key, and sixteen hearts, if that helps. 1/2 magic, also, which makes the fire rod awesome. That movie doesn't work at all, and I have the latest version.

Am I supposed to push the blocks in a more efficient way or something?

The shovel is the blank spot, it doesn't exist in this game. All three medallions exist, I have two, and the Bombos one can kill Kholdstare or whatever without firerod. The level 4 sword, I believe, is the master sword in this game.

EDIT: I did it. Didn't think of using the hookshot.

Queso
08-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Well, I've got the Hammer, the mushroom, and the Magic Powder, but I don't know where to go next in Nayru's Bay, and Din's Cavern looks just plain nasty.

Have you got the Big Key yet?

I have to replay the dungeon because my save files went poof. It sucks.

Gerudo
08-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Queso, I highly recommend that you check the post dates on the last reply to some discussions. This thread's discussion has ended, seeing as how the post date above your replies are from just over 6 months ago. Also, please use your edit button, as multi-posting (posting multiple times in a row) is frowned upon.

Please do not take these as warnings, because they are not. However, seeing as how the two posts above are your first two, as well as you are new to this community, I urge you to please see the rules and regulations, located HERE (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1135833&postcount=1).

On-topic, I apologize for not being able to assist you with your game, as I have not tried it. Possibly there might be someone else to help you with that.

Gleeok
08-29-2007, 04:53 AM
Actually thanks for bumping this. :D I never got around to playing this one back when as I was too busy with other things at the time.
So anyway I could use some help setting this up.

What i've got is the Lips patch, LOZ lttp.7z, lolpw.rar, an emulator, and a read me that doesn't help. :shakeno:

When I open the Lips it can't find the file in the folder when it's obviously there... Am I missing a file. I'd love to play this thing finaly.

EDIT: Ok oops, forgot to check all files....haha, anyway now i'm really stuck.
I patched the lolpw to the lttp rom, and for some reason I can't even open it.
Did I patch this wrong? Any help appreciated.

EDIT 2: I had to rename the rom to .smc type file. Now when I load it it says it's corrupt... Now I am truly stuck...damn.

Nicholas Steel
08-29-2007, 08:31 AM
extract LTTP.7Z and LOLPW.RAR

Gleeok
08-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Yes but they weren't even zipped to begin with.(maybe I unzipped lttp)
So like I said I patched pw.rar(428 kb) to lttp.smc ( for some reason is also now 428 kb??) and when I try to load via emu, it say's bad check..something...corrupted file. :confused:

Gerudo
09-01-2007, 03:26 AM
you extract everything from the archives. the patch files usually have an extension of .IPS. you patch the rom with the ips file.

i can try to assist you with getting it to work, but not with gameplay aspect, referring to my previous post.