PDA

View Full Version : Need money...

Bull Bizard
01-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Hello,

I thought about something about money.

In my game, in the begining we can only have 255 rupees, in the middle (here I am) we find the 1st wallet (for 500 rupees) and I think I will put the big wallet for the end of the game.

I do this to preserve items to be bying at the begining like the Magical Key or the Ring.

Now my problem :

It's not quite difficult to have 255 rupees. Travelling and fighting common enemies can help a lot. But to have 500 or even 999... it will be much harder ans very longer... -__-

Enemy gives 1 ou 5 rupees, bush 1 only. Even if I put items like 20 rupees with the "Dive for item" flag eveywhere I can, even If I put some "Secret money" cave with big amounts and even if I put some 20 rupees that we can win with killing all monsters in a dongeon room... Even all of that, the problem is still here : someone who spend all his money with consumables items, like bombs or potions, will be in a mess. Get it ?

I don't want a game that boring... :(

Is there some tricks ? Is there enemies like the very hard ones (like magic octorok...) which give extra money ?

Modus Ponens
01-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Need money, huh? How much do you need, like twenty bucks? I'll loan ya twenty. No problem.

...Just kidding. Okay, now I believe that there is a quest rule that allows for 10-rupee enemy drops. Now we just need to convince developers that there should be a similar rule for 20-rupee drops, or, even better yet, define our own item drop sets that can be selected for each enemy in the enemy editor. Until then, just go with the 10-rupee drops--that will probably speed things up quite a bit. Alternatively, you could always put a ton of Secret Money caves in your quest, like one hidden on every screen or something. I think that would cake for a fun puzzle in and of itself: finding all of the money rooms.

Bull Bizard
01-11-2007, 08:22 PM
For the secret room with secret money... I've not a lot of place left ^^"
(There is a secret room in almost all the screen... )

But for the special rule : I've never see it... O__O
What is it name ? "10 rupees enemy drop" ??

I got 2.10, maybe it's not in it.

erm2003
01-11-2007, 09:09 PM
I think Riverman was suggesting putting rupees as special items on the overworld screens as needed. Just set the item for the rupee type you want and move it on the screen with the blue square. You can then set it so it doesn't appear until all the enemies are defeated or have an enemy carry the item so that it appears as if it was dropped by one of them.

Bull Bizard
01-11-2007, 10:10 PM
But, he talks about a "rule" right ? O__O (and 10 rupee not 5 or 20)

Putting some extra rupee after killing monsters, it's good in dongeon but I don't like this in the overworld... : (

erm2003
01-11-2007, 10:54 PM
I adapted the suggestion for you to use with 2.10. Any newer rupee drop rules are only available in the beta versions right now.

LinkMaster500
01-12-2007, 12:46 AM
You are not alone, Bull Bizard as this is an issue I may have to face with my quest.

Remember there is a trick from regular Zelda that may help. Use a gambling room and save every time you make money. Unfortunately, it can be a long, tedious process if you need to save 700-900 rupees.

You could use secret rooms with 200-rupee coins, but you can only get them once and it can be a problem especially if you're having to buy lots of bombs and potions.

You could make consummable items somewhat cheaper in price.

Bull Bizard
01-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks for your help.

For the gambling, I know this, but it will be boring right ? :(
And for the news rules in the beta, it's a pity the 2.11 is not released yet...
Anyway, maybe I will put a big cave full of bushes somewhere. It can gives a lot of money too.

LinkMaster500
01-12-2007, 01:54 PM
That's what I meant when I said that the gamble trick is "a long and tedious process."

I just noticed one deficiency with the Secret Money rooms. The player does not know how much he gets until he steps on the rupee icon. You can alert the player to this by including the amount in the message string (e.g. "I have 50 rupees for you."). That way, the player can decide not to take the cash if he does not need it and come back when he does.

Joe123
01-13-2007, 05:16 AM
You could just stick a 200 rupee coin on the floor or in a chest, why do you need the guy in the room?

Bull Bizard
01-13-2007, 01:12 PM
You could just stick a 200 rupee coin on the floor or in a chest, why do you need the guy in the room?

The problem is that I alreasy use the 200 rupee, and others above 20 for extra NPC characters... ^^"

Thanks anyway.