PDA

View Full Version : room type, items, etc.

hyreforgling
01-11-2007, 02:37 AM
When I place items etc. in rooms, they won't show up when I test my quest. I know that your DMap level number has to be higher than 0. I don't want the cave to be a real level, so I didn't make it level 1-9, but when I make the level number 10+, all the walls turn grey, Link enters through the wall and there are 4 blue keese flying around. Does anybody know why that happens?

P.S. I have ZQuest 2.10.

bluedeath
01-11-2007, 02:29 PM
If it is in screen 80 or at the bottom of the DMAP, then that could be your answer. The only way to have an item in screen 80 is to have "special item room"

Joe123
01-11-2007, 03:34 PM
If you're just making a normal room in a dungeon, don't use screens 80-87, there's no need. If the item you've placed isn't appearing it's probably because of that, but if you want to place it in a room other than those 8, make sure you use the 'Item' for the room rather than setting the room's type to 'Special Item' and placing the 'Special Item'. On a side note, have you checked alphadawg's tutorial? It should help with most questions you'll have to start with.

hyreforgling
01-11-2007, 07:50 PM
When I try to make a special item room, shop, etc. when I test my quest, it would just be an empty room with no guy, no item and no string. I'm not making a room in a dungeon and I already have alphadawg's tutorial. I appreciate you trying to help anyway.

Nimono
01-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Okay, let's take it from the top....

1: Special Item Rooms DO NOT WORK ON LEVEL 0. You must go into the Cave/Item Room work for it to work THERE. In all other levels, it puts the Special Item and stuff right in the room you set it to. Oh, and don't use a seperate DMap for Screen 80. That'll just glitch up your quest BADLY- You automatically warp there when the warp is set to Cave/Item Room.
2: On Dmaps with Level number 0, Screen 80 is a cave and is entered from the bottom. All others make it an Item Room and you enter from the top. It's the same with Passageway, but THAT screen is Screen 81, and is for warping between 2 rooms (mainly used in dungeons).

Hope that helps.

LinkMaster500
01-12-2007, 12:50 AM
In case you do not know, strings and guys do not work on DMaps with level numbers set to zero. You need to set it to a level number greater than zero for guys and strings to properly work. Level numbers 1-8 are reserved for dungeons with the Triforce pieces.

hyreforgling
01-12-2007, 07:53 PM
I already mentioned that I know that in my first post. Thanks for trying.

Joe123
01-13-2007, 05:27 AM
Ahhh you said you weren't making a room in a dungeon. Makes more sense now. You need to set it up as you were, but have a tile warp (such as a cave, house, staircase etc) on that screen that warps to type 'Cave/Item Room', and on the same Dmap as what you're using.

hyreforgling
01-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Joe123, the thing you said, my settings were the exact same thing as you said. Here's my problem: I have to set the Dmap level number to something higher that 0, right? And levels 1-8 are dungeons. Level 9 is a level as well for Ganon. If I set the Dmap level to 10 or higher, 4 blue keese appear, the walls turn grey, Link enters through a wall and the guy, his message and the Special item aren't there. That's how precise I can get.

The_Amaster
01-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Are you making a cave in the overworld. Cause if you are, you make the OvWld DMap level no. at 0, than draw the cave on screen 80 ON THE OVERWORLD MAP!

hyreforgling
01-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Yup, that's what I have set. Still not showing up. This is a big problem. If there's anything else nobody has mentioned, I need it. I thank everybody who has tried.

LinkMaster500
01-15-2007, 07:28 PM
I don't think you want it set to Cave/Item Room. That's probably why you are warping to a room with four Keese. That's like the regular Zelda item rooms in the dungeons.

If you're setting a warp to the classic Screen 80 cave (the one we see in regular Zelda), you would set the tile warp type to Cave/Item Room. But if you're warping to some sort of special room (e.g. a custom cave or house), that won't work. I would set the tile warp type to Insta-Warp with Blackout, put the custom cave on its own DMap and set warps to and from it rather than using Screen 80. That's what I do with my quest in progress

hyreforgling
01-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Umm, I'm going to pretend I understood that... I do want it to be a cave/item room, though. I'm trying to get the wooden sword in there.

LinkMaster500
01-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Perhaps I'm not quite understanding your situation.

Are you just trying to put the Wooden Sword in a cave room using the classic Screen 80 (the way it was done in the original Zelda), or do you want to make your own cave where you put the sword?

If you want to do it using Screen 80, create a tile warp of type Cave/Item Room from the appropriate screen in the overworld. You don't need to set the DMap or screen to warp to, since Cave/Item Room means Screen 80. Then set the guy, the string, the room type to "Special Item", and the special item to "Wooden Sword." You must set these four things from the screen that contains warp to the cave NOT THE CAVE ITSELF.

hyreforgling
01-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Oh, that's my problem. I understand now. Thanks for help everybody.