PDA

View Full Version : Interesting. New counter elements, I see?

ShadowTiger
01-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Interesting. A look at the Subscreen's singular counter element reveals a few new interesting entities. Whereas the old one has the following on it,
Font, Style, Alignment,
Item, Digits, Infinite,
[]Show Zero, []Only Selected
The new one has a few new additions to it:
Item 1 (Rather than item)
Item 2, Item 3,
Infinite Character

The "Infinite Character" pulldown has a choice of every item.

What are these new interesting features? I am particularly perplexed by how a counter can be shared by three (Potentially unique) items.

jman2050
01-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Item1-Item3 should allow you to track three different counters at the same time. It was done to allow you to do things like track level-specific keys and normal keys at the same time. Infinite character, I believe, is the item that will make the current counter infinite.

ShadowTiger
01-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Ah. That'd usually be the Magic Quiver/Bomb Bag, I take it? (Or the magic key.) Thanks. :)

So this means that if you acquire the RING OF GODLY POWERS +15, (tm) you could theoretically make every single counter infinite if you referred that Z item ring as their infinite item. ... Well, ... ... peachy. o.o' Thanks. ^^.'

DarkFlameWolf
01-10-2007, 07:36 PM
I wish I could actually understand this foreign language thread, but its way past me. O.o

Freedom
01-10-2007, 07:46 PM
I wish I could actually understand this foreign language thread, but its way past me. O.o

That's what us A-mericans get for only learning one language, I couldn't reach it with a 20 foot ladder.

ShadowTiger
01-10-2007, 08:13 PM
.. Oh my god, oh no! XD That's not good. (Not Sarcasm.) ... Okay, let's backtrack then. I can see how it can be confusing. Besides, I don't phrase things as best as I can.

In Beta 16, (Or 15... I don't quite care to check 15 to see if these are in there or not. Doesn't matter anyway.) these are some new features in the "Counter" (Not block form.) of the Subscreen Editor. They're exhibited in text form in the first post.

Jman was nice enough to elaborate on their functions. There are now -three- counters that a counter entity can keep track of. Usually, it'd only be one. Say, .. arrows, bombs, keys, .. all on a single individual counter. Not shared.

However, now that we have three counters we can slap onto a single counter entity to keep track of, I would assume that the values of these counters are added into the value of that single counter. So, suppose you chose Arrows, Rupees, and normal bombs as the item 1, item 2, and item 3 for one (Non-block) counter. If you had 1 rupee, two bombs, and one arrow, the value in the counter would be 4, not 1 for 1 rupee and nothing else. (At least I'm hoping this is the case.)

My example above with the epic-level (AKA "Dramatically Overpowered." :rolleyes: :p ) RING OF GODLY POWERS +15 ... was a hypothetical item you could create out of one of the new z items. For its values (Not the standard graphics values. All this is on the tab on the right; the Actions tab.) ... ... Well, actually, all you really need is its mere presence. So you can set the "Infinite Character" pulldown to this new z item. When you get whatever item is listed under the Infinite Character pulldown, the counters listed for these would become infinite, similar to how the magic key gives you infinite normal keys. In fact, I'll bet that that's already the case with the keys. The Magic Key would be set as the Normal Key's Infinite Character item.

Now, one thing that's bothering me a bit, is that each counter (Item 1, Item 2, Item 3.) default to Rupees. Now, .. Rupees, .. isn't "None." :p I'm sure you can see how that would cause a bit of paranoia.

jman2050
01-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Now, one thing that's bothering me a bit, is that each counter (Item 1, Item 2, Item 3.) default to Rupees. Now, .. Rupees, .. isn't "None." I'm sure you can see how that would cause a bit of paranoia.

So THAT'S what causes the counter bug...

Dlbrooks33
01-11-2007, 07:08 AM
I see, I understand this BTW and I know 3 different languages (English, German (Year 3), Latin (Year 1) and I live in the USA :D. BTW our country is poor, we are in a lot of debt :(.