PDA

View Full Version : So, try this...

Saffith
01-10-2007, 03:59 PM
I almost didn't bother, but I finally decided to finish up this quest. I figure I might as well post it and see what people think.

MyQuest.qst (http://users.wpi.edu/~absutman/zc/myquest/MyQuest.qst) (2.10)
A few screenshots, if it makes any difference: 1 (http://users.wpi.edu/~absutman/zc/myquest/zelda001.png) 2 (http://users.wpi.edu/~absutman/zc/myquest/zelda002.png) 3 (http://users.wpi.edu/~absutman/zc/myquest/zelda003.png)

Now, this is just my first quest. And I'll tell you right now, some things I tried didn't work out as well as I'd hoped. All I'm saying is, don't set your expectations too high. Still, any comments would be appreciated.
One thing in particular I'm concerned about: I feel like the dungeons are a bit too linear, but I wonder if it doesn't just seem that way because I know them so well.
Oh, also, if anyone finds one of the hidden areas by means other than cheating or sheer luck, I'd like to know. There are a few clues as to how to reach them, but a couple of them are very subtle. I'm unsure whether they'll even be noticed.

Other general notes:
- It's not very long. One BS-overworld. Five main levels, mostly not that large. One multipartite extra level.
- Don't complain about the story/writing. I purposely didn't put much work into it there.
- This is obviously not the cheat code.
- Yes, I used dungeon DMaps. Eat me.
- The Lens icon is supposed to be a stylized eye. Do remember it; it shows up a lot.
- Bring a pen and paper to level 5.
- I have no intention of submiting this to the QDB. I'd like to think I'll consider this embarrassingly bad someday.
- I'm sure I'm forgetting to mention something...

Pineconn
01-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Lol, don't be so down on yourself! :p The screenshots look good, so I'm sure it will be good!

C-Dawg
01-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Let's hear it for THE WATER LEVEL!

DarkFlameWolf
01-10-2007, 07:34 PM
not sure if C-dawg is being sarcastic or...what?

ms_zelda_lady
01-11-2007, 12:18 AM
Screenshots do look good so I've downloaded it and played part of Level 1. Got the map and a few keys and hopefully when I play it tomorrow I'll find the whistle and explore the other part of the dungeon.
I've also been exploring the overworld and found a few nice treasures along the way.
C'mon people this quest is really worth playing.
I'm glad that you decided to share your quest with all of us here, Saffith.

ms_zelda_lady

C-Dawg
01-11-2007, 11:50 AM
No, no, I just like the name.

"The Committee on Honesty in Dungeon Names (CHDN) is pleased to bring you: THE WATER LEVEL."

fajz
01-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Can someone answer a couple questions for me on this quest?
1) Where can you find Super Bombs?
2) Where is the Boss Key in Level 5?

Thanks

FZ

PS Yes this has been a very fun and challenging quest. Good work, Saffith, good work. If you really are 6 years old you are a prodigy in quest making. Look forward to your next quest.

ms_zelda_lady
01-12-2007, 05:45 PM
I can't answer your questions Fajz but maybe you can answer mine.
What do I do to get to the boss room in level 2> I have the lens of truth but I can't figure out what the color sequence on the statues mean. And where is level 3? I've been walking around and can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

fajz
01-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Once you warp to the 4 rooms in the middle (warp is in the starting room) of the map go SWSE to the boss. Level 3 is in the tall grasses SE of the start you have to bomb a large tree. Use the Lens to find it. Level 3 is the water level. One of the funest level I can remember ever playing.

FZ

Saffith
01-12-2007, 06:11 PM
1) Where can you find Super Bombs?Well, the Super Bomb (there's only one - you'll have to pick which place you want to use it) is sort of the quest's big secret, so I don't really want to just give it away. I'll tell you this much, though. It's in one of the first 4 levels (the guy who tells you about it might give you a clue as to which one). It's in a room that doesn't appear on the map, but if you look carefully, there's a sign that a room is there.

2) Where is the Boss Key in Level 5?You're that far along? Cool.
The key's on 1F, top and center of the map, guarded by Mirrorrobes.

What do I do to get to the boss room in level 2> I have the lens of truth but I can't figure out what the color sequence on the statues mean.Think about it - you've seen those colors somewhere else in the level. Everywhere else, in fact.

And where is level 3? I've been walking around and can't seem to find it.Look for a giant Lens icon.

(Edit: Ah, beaten to it.)

ms_zelda_lady
01-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Thank you Fajz for all the help. And thank you too Saffith for making a really terrific quest.

ms_zelda_lady

Blues Singer
01-13-2007, 01:01 AM
Would like to know how to find the forum for the Quest I am doing,,Zero... I've looked for hours through the forums list and nothing. Isn't there a way I could search and find the forum on the one I am doing. Remember I had to do all this before. I had to look and look and look through the forum list and find the one I was playing,, then had to go to it. There must be a list or search somewhere, it would make life easier....................................

ms_zelda_lady
01-13-2007, 02:47 AM
If you want to ask a question about Zero Quest is go back one screen to the Quest Discussion and hit the button that says " New Thread" and type in your question and voila the topic is made and hopefully someone will answer your question.

Blues Singer
01-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Thanks Mz Zelda Lady

fajz
01-15-2007, 09:13 AM
I actually figured that the boss key for level 5 was in that room with the mirror robes. However I seem to have missed the mirrored shield somewhere. Can you help me out as to where I missed it?

_L_
01-15-2007, 12:19 PM
"The Committee on Honesty in Dungeon Names (CHDN) is pleased to bring you: THE WATER LEVEL."

From the creators of such memorable dungeons as "The Hookshot Level", "The Hyrule Castle Level" and "The Fire Level Which Is Always Immediately After or Immediately Before the Forest Level" (I'm looking at you, OoT, WW, TP, MC, HoD and NeoFirst).

Saffith
01-15-2007, 12:38 PM
I actually figured that the boss key for level 5 was in that room with the mirror robes. However I seem to have missed the mirrored shield somewhere. Can you help me out as to where I missed it?
In one of the six rooms in the center of the first floor, there's a warp to it under a lock block.

Joe123
01-15-2007, 02:25 PM
From the creators of such memorable dungeons as "The Hookshot Level", "The Hyrule Castle Level" and "The Fire Level Which Is Always Immediately After or Immediately Before the Forest Level" (I'm looking at you, OoT, WW, TP, MC, HoD and NeoFirst).

Ahhhh but TP has two "The Hookshot Levels" :p

DarkFlameWolf
01-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Meh, while you all are on level 5, I'm still stuck on what I think is level 1, the crumbling dungeon. I have no whistle nor do I have a power bracelet to move the blocks I see around the dungeon. I don't have a key and I just go tthe map and I've triple checked every roome I've come to. I'm lost and don't know what to do.

Saffith
01-15-2007, 06:17 PM
There are three keys in level 1. One's under a statue, one requires you to bomb a wall, and one is awarded for defeating the enemies in a certain room. If you've reached the map, you can get all three.

DarkFlameWolf
01-15-2007, 06:55 PM
welp, still lost, was good while it lasted. :P

boram_c
01-16-2007, 04:42 AM
Okay. According to one of the info booths, I am guaranteed access to at least one Sword upgrade or Armor upgrade. Based on how and when I obtained the upgraded swords, I hypothesize that one should be able to obtain the Blue Armor after Level 2. I searched about, but have yet to find it, or the place that holds it. Where should I be searching?

Saffith
01-16-2007, 11:58 AM
It's somewhere odd. Look around in town.

boram_c
01-16-2007, 05:04 PM
It's somewhere odd. Look around in town.
Found it, but too late now that I already found the Red Armor and beat the game (Still picked it up and removed the dust and cobwebs). Interesting concept for the final dungeon; I think I might try something similar.

HeroOfFire
01-26-2007, 08:40 PM
I figured I'd see what Saffith could do...
I'm in awe... For a small, first quest, this is an incredible quest! An eye for detail is important for the player to succeed: even I can't imitate that...yet.
I liked the way level 3 was hidden, and the speech from the guy blocking the path to level 5 "back in the day, we had seventeen levels...".

I also like the point brought up about originality:
(I know I didn't quote correctly, but at least I quoted.)

Originally Posted by _L_

How often is the hookshot in a level designed around it? Way too often. How often is the hookshot NOT in a dungeon, but hidden in the overworld? No clue. Also the fire/forest level timings are very common. When I was learning ZQuest by editing the 2.10 quest, I made level 7 a forest level and level 8 a fire level. I didn't even realize that was a pattern?

I've made it to level 4, but for a "hookshot dungeon", it looks well developed (I even saw the hookshot bridge rolled up somewhere). I'll see if I can get through the game without asking for help, but I suspect level 5 will murder me a dozen times before I finish it.

Grayswandir
01-31-2007, 08:57 PM
Er, my game bugged out (v2.10.1) and I never got to read the guy text which, as far as I can tell, was on the Path to Level 5 (and presumably gives the super bomb hint). When I came to the screen, the *guy appears* sound played, but nothing happened. Could someone PM me that text, please?

chiefbigcalf
01-24-2009, 08:46 AM
This one nice quest.....not too long, unfortunately. It ranks up there with Hero of Dreams as far as style of play. Very much worth your play!!!

diannew
01-24-2009, 05:26 PM
Download link not working.

FerentzRocks
01-28-2009, 05:14 PM
I would be interested in playing this too if anyone has a working download link. Thanks!

Saffith
01-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Huh, I'm suprised to see this thread again.
Yeah, I don't have that web space anymore. You can get the quest here now: http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=201

FerentzRocks
01-29-2009, 12:00 AM
Oh. This is the same quest as IQTH. Then I already played it. I thought this was another quest by Saffith. Yeah, it's quite outstanding. If you haven't played it I highly recommend you go to purezc and do so.

Be warned though, Level 5 is tough compared to Levels 1-4.