PDA

View Full Version : Grass treasure frequency

Tesko
01-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Is there a way to lower the frequency of items appearing when cutting grass? I want to make a forest thick with grass, and a large grassy plain, but with all that grass, it becomes too easy to rack up on funds. I've thought of pumping up the prices of items, but it would still be very easy.

Modus Ponens
01-10-2007, 10:00 PM
You could always replace some of your grass combos with slash combos. That would sacrifice the little flying grass clippings effect associated with grass, but at least it would produce the intended effect.

Tesko
01-11-2007, 01:35 AM
That would be good since then I could disperse the 'real' grass around. Please forgive my ignorance, I'm very new to this, but what exactly are slash combos?

Joe123
01-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Do you understand how combos work?

C-Dawg
01-11-2007, 03:55 PM
You dont have to sacrifice the grass effect, totally. You just have to set it up yourself via combo animation.

Grass combo with slash flag -> animation of leaves superimposed over cut grass combo -> cut grass combo

Freedom
01-11-2007, 04:01 PM
You'd lose the sound when doing it that way too.

Tesko
01-12-2007, 04:44 PM
You dont have to sacrifice the grass effect, totally. You just have to set it up yourself via combo animation.

Grass combo with slash flag -> animation of leaves superimposed over cut grass combo -> cut grass combo

Okay then how do I superimpose the animation, and will doing the same give me the "walking through tall grass" effect? I modified an empty combo so that it uses the "tall grass" sprite but it looks flat.

EDIT: I see there is a "tall grass" type, but if I use that, I obviously can't have it as "slash" can I?

Joe123
01-13-2007, 05:20 AM
The 'tall grass' combo has the following effects:
1) puts the 'MISC: Tall Grass' sprite underneath link when he walks over it (simmilar to shallow water)
2) acts like a 'Slash --> Item Combo'
3) when slashed, uses the 'MISC: Grass Clippings' sprite to animate being slashed

Tesko
01-13-2007, 10:24 PM
The 'tall grass' combo has the following effects:
1) puts the 'MISC: Tall Grass' sprite underneath link when he walks over it (simmilar to shallow water)
2) acts like a 'Slash --> Item Combo'
3) when slashed, uses the 'MISC: Grass Clippings' sprite to animate being slashed

Okay, I understand that, now how do I recreate that?