PDA

View Full Version : We can make our own swords. What about Slash tiles?

ShadowTiger
01-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Hm. Odd topic, really. Inspiration for its creation from a conversation with Old-Skool in chat about a L5 sword.

Since we can create a L5 sword out of a Z-Item, and just increase its class value from 4 to 5, creating this L5 sword, ... one wonders: What about the slash and stab tiles? What's the deal with those? So far, I think they'd pretty much just use the L4 tiles.

SpacemanDan
01-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Would it not use the Weapon/Misc Sprite with the same number as the item?
(For the stab tile anywas, not entirely sure about slash tiles.) I haven't tried it myself though...

King Aquamentus
01-10-2007, 02:59 PM
I know it sounds like a bit much to have a fifth sword, but the idea behind it is mainly a numeric one. Say you wanted a crystalis quest, and you had four swords for the elements, but no fifth sword for the crystalis itself.

C-Dawg
01-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Or for purely graphical changes. For instance, say you have Majora's Mask style switching between different forms, and you want each to use a different weapon, but the powers to be the same.

ShadowTiger
01-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Ayep. Just about. o.o

For example, I had an idea to use several different types of weapons, not just swords, all of which are selectable as a melee type item. If you've ever played Witchhaven, you'd know what I'm talking about. You could have a Sword, a Dagger, a mace, a morning star, and an axe. All are upgradable.
Shortsword Longsword Bastard Sword
Dagger Main Gauche Kris
Cudgel Mace Warhammer
Chain Stone Morning Star Heavy Flail
Hatchet Hand Axe Battle Axe

Generally, this fantasy list will require several key things to operate successfully:
A way to modify knockback.
A way to modify weapon speed and refire rate. A toggle of slash may be necessary.
A way to modify where the slash occurs, and if it occurs. Naturally, the Dagger class would have none, whereas the morning star would have roughly 270° to its slash/rotation.Perhaps I may even have omitted a crucial one.

While I'm not (Directly) requesting their presence within the program, I'm just pointing out a direction this could take which would open up entire fields of feasability in ZC's melee aspect.

Majora
01-11-2007, 10:30 AM
I tried making a LV5 Sword (Fierce Deity's) but when I go into the quest and use the sword, the animation is the "shadow" sprite for flying enemies followed by the boomerang.

Master_of_Power
01-11-2007, 04:21 PM
How did you come up with a level 5 sword? is it basicly a preset sword upped a level?

Love For Fire
01-12-2007, 02:29 AM
I like the custom upgradable weapons ideas... sounds like we can go for more of an Alundra style quest with different melee weapons and jumping.

CJC
01-12-2007, 02:32 AM
I like the custom upgradable weapons ideas... sounds like we can go for more of an Alundra style quest with different melee weapons and jumping.

Alundra was an amazing game!
But ZC doesn't have nearly the z-axis capacity to handle that kind of engine. Top-down gravity is emphasized far too much.

I like the concept of having a secondary weapon with a 180 degree swing arc, though. (Like the Biggoron Sword).

Majora
01-12-2007, 10:20 AM
How did you come up with a level 5 sword? is it basicly a preset sword upped a level?

Well, all I did was go into quest->....items, went to the first open Z-Item Slot (Z107) And chabged its class from 255 to 0 and under class level put 5.

Stungun
01-14-2007, 11:04 PM
I advise you people NOT using the first available Z-slot while in beta phase... because those get taken by new ZC items whenever the beta is upgraded, btw. I learned this the hard way.