PDA

View Full Version : Wealth Medal toggle for shops + another shop idea

Nimono
01-10-2007, 01:42 PM
My idea is simply this: Allow a "toggle" for the Wealth Medals for each individual item in each shop type. It'd be a check box that says "Not affected by Wealth Medals". When checked, the item it goes with won't be affected by the Wealth Medalss, so its price NEVER goes down. It's great for super-rare items you can buy, like Pieces of Heart, Heart Containers, or even Triforce Pieces. However, on the subject of those, I know that people want a new shop type that you can only buy from once, but how about this instead: A check box that, when checked, allows the item it goes with to be bought only once in that shop type, and no more. Once bought, if you go back to that shop type, it'll simply be gone (as I doubt it'd be possible to replace it with another item...). If you don't know what I mean, take a look at The Wind Waker. At Rock Spire Isle, Beedle sold 3 very rare (and very expensive) items at his Shop Ship: 2 Treasure maps and a Piece of Heart. When you bought them, they were replaced with different items, and could NEVER be bought again. Like I said before, I doubt that you could code ZC to replace an item with another when it's bought, so just making it vanish forever is good enough. Sound like good ideas? (By the way, the Wealth Medal idea is something that'd help me out in making Realm of Mirrors.... :rolleyes: )

_L_
01-19-2007, 01:02 AM
How to disable the Wealth Medal for a shop:

* Put the shop in a different DMap.
* Disable the Wealth Medals in that DMap.

Nimono
01-19-2007, 12:32 PM
How to disable the Wealth Medal for a shop:

* Put the shop in a different DMap.
* Disable the Wealth Medals in that DMap.

Actually, I meant for one specific item. Like, say you had a shop that sold 10 Arrows, 30 Bombs, and a Heart Container. The price of the Heart Container is an insane 999 Rupees (Because they're THAT valuable). What if you didn't want its price to go down, but you wanted the others to go down in price? Your method would make NONE of them go down in price. My method would have you check a box for a certain item in a certain shop to not be affected by the Wealth Medals. It's as easy as that. ;)

_L_
01-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Ehhh... that'd just be adding another variable to the shop structure, right? Sounds simple...

Nimono
01-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Ehhh... that'd just be adding another variable to the shop structure, right? Sounds simple...

HOWEVER.... Because of all that's been said lately about bugs and stuff, I can understand if you decided to wait until after 2.5 to try this. I'm sure you don't want to start a flamefest just because you want to try to make another feature, huh?

cbailey78
01-23-2007, 12:19 AM
I was thinking that you could put in toggle wealth medal check box to each shop item and have it probably say "Disable Wealth Medal"