PDA

View Full Version : I'm Mad at Twilight Princess

Sir Bob
01-10-2007, 01:02 AM
GAMECUBE VERION OWNERS: Disreguard this message, the bug was fixed in the gamecube version.

Yep, the so called "Best Zelda Game Ever" also is the game with the "Worst Bug Ever". Ok, just a heads up to you guys who are playing it through, do NOT save and quit in the cannon room, because if you do, then you will be hit by a huge dissapointment when you reload and find that you can't move forward in the game. period. End of story. Here is a video to prove it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnb5d9uHh5I&watch_response

Please, just don't do it. It happened to me, and I have to start over...

Regards,
Sir Bob

*b*
01-10-2007, 01:05 AM
Yes yes, that's a well known bug now. I think everyone here is at least aware of it

It's still amazing how Nintendo let that go unnoticed when they released it

AtmaWeapon
01-10-2007, 01:14 AM
That's why I never save anywhere but an overworld area out of superstition.

It's a shame it got through the QA process though.

vegeta1215
01-10-2007, 01:49 AM
This is old news. Also TSA already proved that the bug is not fatal - Shad is still in the room, just invisible. If you really wanna check it out, search for his post on The Hylia.

Also, I can't believe anyone would save and turn the game off in that room. Sucks to be you then. Thread closed.

ctrl-alt-delete
01-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Actually, I believe it was an assumption on TSA's part because the speak command appears. However, it is highlighting Midna at the time. To my knowledge, nobody has found a way to avoid the glitch.

War Lord
01-10-2007, 09:24 PM
If you speak to him while he is there, but "invisible", it just gives you Midna.

Nicholas Steel
01-10-2007, 09:32 PM
thats what i saw ctrl-alt-delete in that video posted here recently.

Pineconn
01-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Yes, it is definitely Midna the "Speak (A)" is referring to. Yes, I know I'm the 4th person to have said this - it's just reiteration. Ooh, 5 syllable word. ;)

When you get into the cannon room, I don't see at all why one would save before talking to Midna and then Shad... I always save and quit at the beginning/end of dungeons, and in Hyrule Field. Never in the middle of an event.

vegeta1215
01-11-2007, 12:21 AM
If I get time I'll try to dig up TSA's post on how it is not fatal. It's just so hard to search The Hylia cause they have so many news posts nowadays.

Kairyu
01-11-2007, 01:58 AM
He originally posted that it wasn't fatal, but then found out that he was doing it wrong. I read the posts about it on GFAQs.

Nicholas Steel
01-11-2007, 06:20 AM
how do games on the new consoles get "patched"? because the media the games reside on is ROM isn't it?

goKi
01-11-2007, 06:37 AM
For that particular bug, franpa, they could probably edit the save file to start them outside or something.

vegeta1215
01-11-2007, 01:32 PM
He originally posted that it wasn't fatal, but then found out that he was doing it wrong. I read the posts about it on GFAQs.

I must've missed that.

Either way, who cares? Is this really worth having a thread about? I don't think it is. Software has bugs, big surprise! Look, a new site with lots of TP glitches! http://www.wii.tv

AtmaWeapon
01-11-2007, 05:18 PM
I must've missed that.

Either way, who cares? Is this really worth having a thread about? I don't think it is. Software has bugs, big surprise! Look, a new site with lots of TP glitches! http://www.wii.tv
Bitter much, vegeta? Actually I want to go through that site because glitches in console games are sometimes fun to play with, like the "every item is a bottle" thing in OoT.

Granted the initial tone of the thread was pretty "OMG NINTENDO OWES ME MONEY FOR THIS" but that's no reason to consider it worthless, there's a little bit of meaningful discussion there and your link opens the door to a lot more.

Just because there may be OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAND glitches doesn't mean we have to hide them.

War Lord
01-11-2007, 05:59 PM
You seem very upset at the existence of this glitch vegeta.
I had no idea the glitch even existed until reading this.
Not sure what's wrong with discussing it, helped me find out about it.

vegeta1215
01-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Nah, not bitter or upset. I'm just surprised that people are so shocked that there are glitches in a Zelda game. There are more and more popping up, but the canon room glitch is really old news.

If that site I linked sparks some discussion and brings out some fun glitches to play around with, I'm glad I posted it.

Nicholas Steel
01-11-2007, 11:02 PM
For that particular bug, franpa, they could probably edit the save file to start them outside or something.
ok, cause in another thread here people where saying that the new consoles support a form of patching... what you said makes more sense.

AtmaWeapon
01-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Actually it reminded me about the bajillion glitches in OoT which reduced my own revulsion at the number of glitches in TP.

It seems like lately any popular game gets abused so all of its secrets are laid bare, and most games tend to have some glitches that break them.

The_Amaster
01-11-2007, 11:22 PM
The good thing is, this is just the kind of thing the Wii-Net is good for. Perhaps they'll release a patch you can download?

Nicholas Steel
01-12-2007, 12:56 AM
they cant Amaster...
what would the patch patch? would it patch the game data thats on Read Only Material? or would it copy parts of the game to the consoles internal hdd and patch it then when you play the game tho's parts get read from the hard disc? because i doubt they'd do that.

ive noticed in games made/released in and after 2004 have huge #'s of bugs/glitches which make the game unbeatable... where as games like OoT its mostly visual or something which just isn't that significant.

ctrl-alt-delete
01-12-2007, 04:45 PM
they cant Amaster...
what would the patch patch? or would it copy parts of the game to the consoles internal hdd and patch it then when you play the game tho's parts get read from the hard disc? because i doubt they'd do that.

That is exactly what they would do. Hence WiiConnect24. Why is it so hard to understand? How else do you think they are going to add different levels, items, dungeons, armor, etc. to games?

Nicholas Steel
01-12-2007, 08:34 PM
is that sarcasm? i would hate having games waste space on the hdd AND it would mean if you have lots of games you would possibly need to clear space to update the games you play most... thus you cant have all games at your disposal up to date... which is just retarded.

Pineconn
01-12-2007, 09:52 PM
No, that isn't sarcasm, it's true. The main reason of WiiConnect24 is for patches/additions. Nintendo said that themselves.

Nicholas Steel
01-12-2007, 09:56 PM
ok, well its still retarded... all it does is make companies release sub par games then either patch them or not patch them...

Dechipher
01-12-2007, 10:47 PM
ok, well its still retarded... all it does is make companies release sub par games then either patch them or not patch them...

Your logic astounds me.

Sute
01-26-2007, 12:30 AM
What I hate about the Wii TP is how the game is switched since a majority of people are right handed - being that Link is left handed. WTF..? I wouldn't mind holding the controller in my left hand, it's not a big deal at all.. it's just kind of lame how the whole game was swapped.

Orion
01-26-2007, 01:33 AM
Now that's one thing I never had a complaint about. I don't get why switching it up is such a big deal. So Link is right-handed once. It's not like it takes away from the game.

Sute
01-26-2007, 11:10 PM
I just think it's sort of selfish, how right handed people (which includes me) can't just suck it up and use the other hand for once.

Grasshopper
01-27-2007, 12:58 AM
Its not like it matters either way.

You know though, just because Link happens to holds his sword in his left hand doesn't mean we have to hold our remote in the left hand. Its not like the motion of the sword is actually mapped to the controller.

And no, I don't want to hold the controller in the other hand, because the analog stick that everyone has used for the last 10 years (Left-handed or Right-handed) has always been in the left hand, and would feel ackward controlling it with the right hand. NES, PSX, XBox, N64, PSP, GBA...they all have D-pads/sticks on the left.

Its set up that way because its how controllers have always been set up for. The fact they mirrored the game shouldn't be that important. Just my two cents.

MasterSwordUltima
01-27-2007, 01:56 AM
I hate how they mirrored they whole freakin' game, map and all. Gerudo Desert should be to the WEST.

Lotus_Eater
01-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Why? Who cares if they mirrored it, the only really bad part about the mirror is the guides are all for the Wii version, so if you have the GC version you have to flip everything, but even that is not a big deal.

Anyways, the glitch should have never happened granted, but there is little you can do about it other than read up on the game before hand.

Darth Marsden
01-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Actually, I've got a TP guide which is made for the Gamecube version, so i don't have to flip a thing. Except the bird, but that goes without saying, really.

...yes, I've got the guide before I've got the game. And no, I've barely looked at it. I don't intend to either.

Pineconn
01-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Just to mention, the Gerudo Desert was originally named the Great Desert before launch. The Ordona Province was Latown, I believe. Lanayru was Lanaru, and Arbiter's Grounds was Arbiter's Keep. Why do I know? Read the dungeon/overworld maps.

Interestingly, Goron Mines is misspelled as Golon Mines. This is only because the Japanese use the same letter for L and R. It's really no big deal at all, except that the translator was pretty much a moron.

Modus Ponens
01-28-2007, 04:04 AM
... the translator was pretty much a moron.

Actually, Pineconn, I believe he was a molon.

Imprisoned
01-28-2007, 06:59 AM
Crap... hope I remember this bug, I'm getting my Wii tomorrow and I'm going to start TP. Thanks for informing...

Sute
01-30-2007, 12:58 AM
Why? Who cares if they mirrored it, the only really bad part about the mirror is the guides are all for the Wii version, so if you have the GC version you have to flip everything, but even that is not a big deal.

Anyways, the glitch should have never happened granted, but there is little you can do about it other than read up on the game before hand.

It's just annoying, because mirroring it just screwed over the point of Link being left handed. Basically, that's like changing a cartoon's black character to white, just so it's more appealing to caucasians and what not, it's just taking away from the original material, seems like it makes it worse..

It's not a HORRIBLE thing, it's just like, wtf? Was that REALLY needed..?

Orion
01-30-2007, 03:21 AM
Link switched hands in the original LoZ because the sprites were mirrored if you went left or right, and nobody complained then. You people are just looking for nitpicky stuff to whine about.

Anyway, just started my second play-throught last night. It's weird, the game starts out so beautifully. Really nice pace and cinematics and whatnot. Maybe I'll enjoy the game more on my second go-round now that I don't have any more expectations. In fact, I really don't remember not thinking much bad about the game until I got past the 5th dungeon the first time through.

erm2003
01-30-2007, 06:35 AM
The hand switch even happens in LttP. Look at where the shield is when Link faces east or west. The shield is always to the north. Besides, according to how the overall series works, every Link is different. Maybe it's about time there was a completely right-handed one.

AtmaWeapon
01-30-2007, 11:10 AM
Also I've noticed that Ocotoroks were red and blue in the original Zelda and they could walk on land and now they only appear in water and they are PURPLE. Tektites are supposed to be orange and blue and now they look like SOME KIND OF CIRCUS RIDE OH LOOK AT ALL THE COLORS! NINTENDO YOU ARE RUINING MY GAME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

vegeta1215
01-30-2007, 12:13 PM
There are no Octoroks in Twilight Princess. Those things people claim are Octoroks that shoot stones at you look more like fish. Actually, they look like Fishman from Wind Waker a little imo. You can check an enemy list in a TP guide to double check.

But yeah, the lack of familiar enemies hurt the game I think.

AtmaWeapon
01-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Actually I was referring to how the discussion is more or less a laundry list of how the series has deviated from its canon and I wasn't really sure whether they were in TP but I know for a fact that octoroks have been consistently straying further from their initial style and behavior in pretty much every game.

But thanks for playing. Harvey, tell him about his consolation prize!

Glenn the Great
01-30-2007, 10:07 PM
The more I think about TP's shortcomings, the more I'm starting to suspect that no real work was done on the game until after the delay was announced.

Sute
01-31-2007, 12:20 AM
Link switched hands in the original LoZ because the sprites were mirrored if you went left or right, and nobody complained then. You people are just looking for nitpicky stuff to whine about.

Anyway, just started my second play-throught last night. It's weird, the game starts out so beautifully. Really nice pace and cinematics and whatnot. Maybe I'll enjoy the game more on my second go-round now that I don't have any more expectations. In fact, I really don't remember not thinking much bad about the game until I got past the 5th dungeon the first time through.

Saying "you people" is really bad, I don't suggest saying that phrase, because it's almost profiling.

Also, in the original Loz, he was still left handed for half of it. TP, he is right handed the whole time. I'm just pointing that one out.

vegeta1215
01-31-2007, 12:36 AM
The more I think about TP's shortcomings, the more I'm starting to suspect that no real work was done on the game until after the delay was announced.

I wouldn't say that much, but I'm sure quite a bit of time was used to modify the Wind Waker engine to give us TP's more "realistic" look. I can't even imagine what the game would've turned out like if there was no delay.

Chibidia
01-31-2007, 02:24 AM
Maybe there's a curse associated with every "second Zelda" for every console. Or the fact that people eventually relieze they're true purpose of making quick money off the popularity of the first one and released towards a consoles end to squeeze out that extra buck.

vegeta1215
01-31-2007, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't say that. Zelda II was an awesome game, it was just radically different and not many people gave it a chance (I didn't give it a chance until a few years ago, and I owned the cartridge since I was little). MM is also a terrific game, better than OoT in many respects.

I think they just built up the hype so much for this new Zelda, that there was no way it could live up to their promises. One thing they did say was that the dungeons would be a major focus. (I can only assume because of the lack of dungeons in MM and WW) I can't argue with that - there were a lot of them and they were good for the most part. It's just stupid of them to think that's what "makes" a Zelda game. The previous 3d Zeldas showed that there's so much more, esp MM. Reminds me of a quote, possibly from The Critic, something to the effect of, "We don't want a million dollars in special effects, we want stories about people." Indeed. (swap special effects with dungeons)