PDA

View Full Version : Item Checks, 'B' button checks, and more...

CJC
01-09-2007, 05:08 PM
I want to write a script that will funcion like the 'Active' Link tile modifiers that I suggested a while ago in a different thread, and though I'd like to write it myself I need some suggestions on the code I should use.

Firstly, I need to know if it's possible to check which item is in the B-Button slot. I know you can already check if the player has an item, but I'm unsure if you can check that it's actually in their item slot.
Secondly, I was hoping that there was a way to directly control Link's tile modifiers, but I doubt it's actually possible.

I suppose I could add 'invisible' items to the inventory if the first condition is true (That the particular item is in the B-Button slot.) I'd have to have a lot of different 'else' codes to remove these items with the switches, but that's pretty much a 'try, try again' situation.
Along with that, I've got a question. Are the item numbers the class numbers? Or are they different? Where can I find an item's number (Hopefully in ZQuest?)

So pretty much, I need help with three code functions.

One that checks if a particular item is in the player's 'B' button slot (For the 'If' clause).
One that checks if a particular item is in the inventory (For the 'Link Tile Modifiers').
Finally, a code that adds and removes the 'invisible' items in the inventory. Nick's item removal code should do nicely, but I thought I'd ask anyways if it needed any tweaking.

I'd really like to try and write this code myself, so if anyone could just help me with these codes, by letting me know which ones I should use, I would be largely grateful.