PDA

View Full Version : Complete list of Misc Attributes

idontknow
01-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Here's a complete list of the default Misc Attributes for each enemy that has Misc Attributes. The format is #:#, where the first number is the misc attribute (1-10) and the second number is the default number for that attribute for that enemy. For those misc attributes not listed, assume that the default value is 0.

Armos
1:50

Bat
1:1

Bombchu
2:1
3:3

Boulder
10:1

Bubble-Item/Permanent
Bubble-Item/Re-enabling
1:2
Bubble-Item/Temporary
Bubble-Sword/Permanent
Bubble-Sword/Re-enabling

Darknut: Deathknight
10:4
Darknut: L1
Darknut: L2
Darknut: Splitting
2:50
3:2

Digdogger (1 Kid)
1:68
2:69
3:70
4:71
5:1
*S. Tile: Kid
Digdogger (3 Kids)
1:68
2:69
3:70
4:71
6:1
7:1
8:1
*S. Tile: Kid

Digdogger Kids (same for 1, 2, 3, & 4)
1: 1

Dodongo (BS)

Fire

Gel, L1 Tribble
2:43
3:89
Gel, L2
Gel, L2 Tribble
2: 162
3: 164

Ghini-Phantom

Gibdo
10:2

Gleeok-1 Head
2:6
4:48
Gleeok-2 Heads
Gleeok-3 Heads
1:3
Gleeok-4 Heads
1:4
Gleeok-Fire-1 Head
2:10
3:1
Gleeok-Fire-2 Heads
Gleeok-Fire-3 Heads
Gleeok-Fire-4 Heads

Ghoma, L2
Ghoma, L3
Ghoma, L4

Goriya, L2
Goriya, L3

Keese Tribble
2:52
3:91

Lanmola 1
1:5
2:3
3:7
Lanmola 2
2:2
3:3

Leever 1
2:8
Leever 2
3:17
Leever 3
2:9

Lynel 1
Lynel 2

Manhandla 1
1:16
Manhandla 2
1:16

Moldorm

Octorok 3 (fast)
3:16
Octorok 3 (slow)
3:16
Octorok 4 (fast)
Octorok 4 (slow)

Patra (BS)
1:6
3:12
4:1
6:8
7:4
8:160
9:8
Patra (Big Circle)
1:8
6:6
7:3
8:40
Patra, L2
3:18
5:1
Patra, L3
3:18
5:2
Patra (Oval)
4:1
6:8
7:4
8:40

Shooter, Fire 2
1:6
Shooter, Fire
Shooter, Magic
Shooter, Rock
Shooter, Spear
Shooter, Sword

Stalfos, L2
10:3
Stalfos, L3
10:3

Summoner
*Wizzrobe Type with Magic as its Weapon*

Tektike, L1
1:24
3:50
Tektike, L2
1:80
2:16
3:50

Trigger

Vire
2:39
Vire Tribble
2:90

Wizzrobe, Bat
3:106
Wizzrobe, Fire
Wizzrobe, Floating
Wizzrobe, Mirror
Wizzrobe, Wind

Zol
2:42
Zol Tribble
2:88
Zol, L2
2:161
Zol, L2 Tribble
2:163

Just some conclusions that I've gathered

1a) For Bubbles, the first attribute is significant if it is a 0, 1, or a 2.
Misc Attribute 1 equals 0: The item is temporarily disabled
Misc Attribute 1 equals 1: The item is permenently disabled
Misc Attribute 1 equals 2: The item is re-enabled

1b) For Bubbles, the second attribute is significant if it's a 0 or a 1.
Misc Attribute 2 equals 0: It effects the Sword
Misc Attribute 2 equals 1: It effects the B item

Take the Item Re-enabling bubble for example, its 1st attribute equals 2 and its second attribute equals one. Therefore, it re-enables the B item.

2) For Gleeoks (both regular & fire), the first attribute determines how many heads there are. Therefore, it is now possible to make a single gleeok with 64 heads!

3) For Moldorm, the first attribute determines how many segments it has in addition to its head. So by default, it has 5 segments. You could make a moldorm with 100 segments!

I have yet to discover what the attributes do for other enemies. Perhaps a bunch of us could use this data to find trends or could change these variables & see what that does to these enemies when we test it out in the game.

Hopes this helps!

jman2050
01-09-2007, 03:05 PM
I hope to explain all these misc attrbutes soon. I'm still bust atm, so I don't know when that'll be :(

redmage777
01-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Yes Good Work, This should be a Chapter in the Help File for sure. (Its going to be a FAT Manual)

I'm going to Guess with the spliting enemies (Zols, Keese ect.)that Attribute 3 is how many children they have and that Attribute 2 is What their Children are according to <Enemy Number>?

Master_of_Power
01-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Yes, I'm trying to dig into the secrets of Misc atts

For Walkers/Zols/Etc

Misc attribute 3 is the number of enemies the enemy splits into on death - Do Not set above 10

Misc 1:1 may be needed for walkers and possibly walk and shoot-ers

Misc 2 is the enemy number it splits into

-tested with Splitting Darknut: Now splits into 10 Blue Darknuts- haha

Misc Attribute 10: 1 is the front shield, I believe, also seems to be needed for walkers(and walker shooters?) to split

Tektite

Misc attribute 1: Maximum length of rest

Misc att 2 maximum amount of jumps it can make before it needs to rest

Apparently Misc 3: is how fast/hard tektites fall from a jump 50 being default, while 999 being lead weight. Apparently this is the Tektite's Weight brain, 0 means it will keep flying upward

Zol/Gel

Misc attribute 1 is whether it leaves a weapon trail or not.

Stungun
01-09-2007, 11:00 PM
One thing we're going to NEED, however, is for the enemy editor to show WHAT ID# enemies have; Because right now, searching for the ID for enemies who reference other enemies, is like shooting a coke can in the dark. With a bent sight.

jman2050
01-09-2007, 11:33 PM
One thing we're going to NEED, however, is for the enemy editor to show WHAT ID# enemies have; Because right now, searching for the ID for enemies who reference other enemies, is like shooting a coke can in the dark. With a bent sight.

This was what i forgot to add in beta 16. Expect something like this in beta 16c

Master_of_Power
01-10-2007, 08:08 AM
Enemy IDs are in the sd.zh file

AmazingAmpharos
01-15-2007, 04:28 AM
I spent quite a while playing with this, and here's what I've figured out. I even registered just so I could let you guys know what I found. Some will be redundant with other findings, but I'm pretty sure I'm the first to make some of these tests and observations:

Misc Att. 1: Gleeok Head(count)

Aquamentus facing direction(0-left;1-right):

Armos spawn speed(150 causes the random fast or slow like normal, most numbers seem to make them always slow including 0, 151, and 255, 1 makes them move insanely slowly, 5 makes them go randomly either insanely slowly or regularly slow, 9 is the same except with a seemingly different probability) - This needs further testing, but if people really want to understand the fully. I suspect that Armos have three speeds(insanely slow, slow, and fast) and that the different numbers are different probabilities for which they select. Numbers over 150 seem to always make them go the “slow” speed just like 0 does. 149 seemed just like 150 to me, but the odds of the speeds happening might have been subtly different.

Bat/Keese “start up” time(0 makes them flutter a bit before moving like Keese, 1 makes them instantly move like Bats, bigger numbers seem to also make them just move instantly) - Here’s an issue that baffles me. This is the only difference(other than HP and strength) between Keese and Bats, but Bats are not only hurt by the Boomerang despite having more than 1 HP, but they also never stop moving despite having the same movement pattern. I have no clue how the game justifies the odd behavior of Bats; nothing in the editor explains it at all…

Bombchu/Rope detonation(0 makes them behave like Ropes and just strike Link; 1 makes them explode or perhaps do other weird things if you set the weapon to different things when striking, 2 makes them begin their detonation when they see Link, 3 and presumably bigger numbers seem to act like 2).

Bubble disable/re-enable status(0 is temporary disable, 1 is permanent disable, 2 is re-enable, 3 and presumably all other numbers do nothing)

Darknuts(and presumably all walkers) trail making(0 is no trail, 1 makes them leave a trail of whatever weapon they are set to, 2 makes them spawn new enemies when defeated, 3 and presumably all bigger numbers act like 0)

Lanmola/Moldorm segment number(count)

Misc Att 2:

Bubble item or sword(0 is sword, 1 is item) - this is completely untested, but it’s the only difference between the two so it’s obvious. I have no idea what 2+ does, but it’s presumably nothing.

Walkers - determines what enemy they split into when defeated. This is useless without Misc Att 1. It should be noted that the guys seem to be included in this. 1 is Abei, 2 is Ama, and 30 is Lynel(Red). If you want to use this, it could take a while to find out how to spawn what you want.

Misc Att 3:

Walkers - determines how many enemies are generated upon their death, in combination with atts 1 and 2.

Misc Att 10:

Walkers frontal invulnerability(0 is none, 1 is like Darknuts, 2 and presumably all bigger numbers act like 0) - Funny side-note, the invulnerable by front check-box seems to do absolutely nothing. This is what actually determines it, and I don’t know if it’s possible to make invulnerable by left, right, or back yet.

As a matter of observation, it seems like the difference between Digdogger(1 kid) and Digdogger(3 kids) is the setting of misc. att. 5, 6, 7, and 8. Digdogger(1 kid) has misc. 5 set to 1 with the others set to 0, but Digdogger(3 kids) has 6, 7, and 8 set to 1 while 5 is 0. On both, misc. atts. 1-4 are set to sequential numbers. This is just a hunch, but I think those are the ID#'s for Digdogger Kids 1-4, and the misc. atts. 5-8 are either flags to see whether they generate or counters of how many generate when the Whistle is blown. If I'm right, that means Digdogger is a VERY flexible enemy, perhaps the most flexible enemy in the whole editor. Using his behavior pattern on an invisible enemy who can't hurt you or be hurt, you might be able to set up a room to spawn enemies when the Whistle is blown, or at least to create that illusion.

I'll research more stuff later with this, but I've spent well over an hour doing playtests and am too bored to test these anymore.

jman2050
01-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Mic att 10 is solely to distingusih between different enemies in the same faily. For example, misc10 is 0 for the walker type to indicate Stalfos behavior, while 1 (I think) indicates Darknut behavior. The other misc types in these instances depend on what misc10 is.

Stungun
01-15-2007, 06:49 PM
I think the enemy editor needs a LOT of cleaning up, if you ask me. Seems there's not as much room as could be desired for 'mix and matching'.

redmage777
01-16-2007, 05:32 AM
Digdogger (1 Kid and 3 Kids)
Misc Att 1- What monster Misc Att 5 uses. (1 Kid)
Misc Att 2 - 4 The 3 Kids normally spawned. (3 Kids)
Misc Att 5 - How many of the monster from Misc Att 1 are spawned (1 Kid)
Misc Att 6 - How many of the monster from Misc Att 2 are spawned (3 Kids)
Misc Att 7 - How many of the monster from Misc Att 3 are spawned (3 Kids)
Misc Att 8 - How many of the monster from Misc Att 4 are spawned (3 Kids)

AmazingAmpharos
01-16-2007, 07:34 AM
That misc att. 10 thing just stands to make figuring everything out even more complicated... Well, at least we know what it does in all cases.

I actually think the editor is very open ended, but the problem is that we don't know what everything does. If we can ever get all these attributes catalogued, we could probably make all sorts of cool things.

On Lynels(Walk and shoot, m10=2), the only set misc attribute, #1, doesn't seem to do anything, or rather what it does is not immediately obvious. However, for Stalfos, it sets how many swords they shoot. 0 is one sword like Stalfos 2, and numbers 1 and up make it shoot in all 4 directions at once like Stalfos 3.

This opens up some cool custom boss options so I figured I'd break down the bosses. Moldorm was previously solved so he is excluded, and anything actually weaker than Aquamentus probably shouldn't be included either.

Okay, here is what I've been able to figure out about Patra:

Misc Att 1 is the number of kids. I can't tell what the maximum is at all(I nearly threw up trying to count those spinning kids...), and they might be stacking on top of one another anyway.

Misc Att 2 is really weird. Setting it to a number other than zero for the big circle Patra caused one of the kids to turn into another Patra head that didn't move and flashed a lot, and the standard Patra became invincible. It's set for Patra 2 and Patra 3 so it must work in an odd combination sort of way.

Misc Att 4 is the movement pattern. 0 is the Big Circle, and 1 is the Oval. 2 is also an oval so I can presume that all numbers but zero make the oval movement pattern.

Misc Att 5 is the shooting one. 0 makes Patra not shoot anything, 1 makes it shoot slowly, and 2 makes it shoot a ton.

I can't figure out what 3, 6, 7, 8, or 9 do at all, obviously can't get 2 to work right, and am unsure what the difference between BS Patra and the other Patras is(BS Patra has 10 set, but we have been told what 10 means in all cases). Somewhere in that mess is what makes Patra 2 and Patra 3 have the multiple rings, but I'm kinda lost as per working it out. The good news is that I've been able to demonstrate that whatever it is has nothing to do with attributes 1, 4, or 5.

Gleeok:

1 is, again, the number of heads.

2 determines the HP Gleeok has after you kill one of his heads. I didn't check the math of exactly how things work, but setting it to 0 makes Gleeok die instantly after you would have killed a head, and 1 makes him lose a head for every hit after you knock off the first one. This is a useful attribute!

3 is the check for regular Gleeok or fire Gleeok. 0 shoots regular fireballs, and numbers 1 and up shoot the flamethrower.

I should note that 4 is the same on every defaultly availiable Gleeok. That being said, I can't figure out what it does, if anything.

On Lanmolas, attributes 2 and 3 help it decide how to curve and space itself. It's hard to really quantify what they do, but if you want your Lanmolas moving normally, you have to make them smaller numbers as you increase the step speed. Of course, if you want them behaving in wild ways with strange, acute angled bends in the middle of their lengths, you can make them big numbers. 1 is still the number of segments.

This should be unsurprising, but 2-9 on Aquamentus do absolutely nothing and any number greater than 0 on misc att. 1 makes him face right, making Aquamentus officially the least flexible enemy in the editor(well, in a tie with a few other things which are almost completely rigid too). At least his movement pattern is so awesome that he may still be a great guy to use as a base for a custom boss.

On Manhandla, misc. att. 1 is set to 16 for both of them, and changing it has no immediately obvious effect(or at least 0, 1, and 255 all seemed to act the same). Misc. att. 2 is used to differentiate between Manhandla 1 and Manhandla 2 in the usual way with 0 being Manhandla 1 and every other number being Manhandla 2.

Gohma is a boss. Misc. Att. 1 is the only one used, and there's a simple correlation. 0 is Gohma(Red), 1 is Gohma(Blue), 2 is Gohma 3, and 3 is Gohma 4. I don't think there's a difference between Gohma(Red) and Gohma(Blue) in terms of enemy behavoir and item weakness. Gohma 3 shoots 3 fireballs and can't be hurt by basic Wooden Arrows. Gohma 4 uses the fire breath of fire Gleeok and can only be hurt by Golden Arrows. Interestingly, increasing the numbers further continues to change Gohma's behavoir. Setting it to 4 makes Gohma use no projectile but be immune to even Golden Arrows. Even more interestingly was that going into the item editor and changing Golden Arrows to class 4 didn't make this new Gohma take damage from them and even made the original Gohma 4 immune to them. I presume numbers greater than 4 have a similar effect to 4, a completely invincible, no projectile Gohma.

Digdogger works exactly like I guessed he did(and the above poster confirmed). There are no glitch graphics or anything either; it's pretty nice. Digdogger is a very flexible boss indeed.

Dodongo is last for a good reason: nobody likes Dodongo, and there aren't exactly earth-shattering surprises. The only one of the misc. attributes that varies between the two flavors of Dodongos is misc. att. 10 which is set at 1 for BS Dodongo. I shouldn't have to say anything more, and I'm going to trust my Aquamentus results to say that I don't need to change the attributes which are 0 down the board.

So, of the bosses, here's the solved status:

Aquamentus: all misc. atts. solved.
Dodongo: all misc. atts. solved.
Manhandla: Misc. att. 1 seems to do nothing despite having a (albeit consistent) value, otherwise solved
Gleeok: Misc. att. 4 seems to do nothing despite having a (albeit consistent) value, otherwise solved
Digdogger: all misc. atts. solved.
Gohma: all misc. atts. solved.
Lanmola: the mechanics of misc. atts. 2 and 3 are not fully understood yet, otherwise solved
Patra: 1/3 of the misc. atts. are solved. Patra is a very complicated boss indeed!
Ganon: Sadly, Ganon does not appear in the editor, and despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to make a custom replica of Ganon. Yes, I've tried, but I wasn't able to work out the right settings with nothing to start from or even get an enemy with the Ganon movement pattern to appear at all.

I think that's fairly productive even if I wasn't able to figure out anything. I think it's enough to go off if you want to make a custom boss using a boss movement pattern other than Patra's or Ganon's at least.

redmage777
01-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Not to mention regular enemys that can be used as Bosses with some modification and finished features.

Stungun does have a point though, and the Biggest problem I've come into with custom bosses is when replacing fireball weapons with something else. Everything shoots up, I assume this is going to be fixed Prior to 2.5. (Been said before, but still worth repeating.)