PDA

View Full Version : Simple sprite script needed (yes, it IS simple)

Radien ZC
01-09-2007, 02:20 AM
I'd like a script that deals with a very simple problem with sprite display. Now, you can give me a good whack on the head if I'm wrong in thinking this oughta be pretty simple, but if the necessary script arguments are available, I think this should be easy to write.

Here's the problem I want to fix:

Currently, we can use extended Link sprites to make Link bigger. However, we can only ever increase his size upward. The bottom of Link's sprite is always aligned exactly with the bottom of his hitbox.

There's also a similar, separate problem: the raft item. It always displays itself aligned directly underneath the bottom tile of Link's character sprite. It would look better if it were displaced downward by about 8 pixels.

Here's the script I'm requesting: one that adjusts Link's player sprite to appear a certain number of pixels lower than it normally does, regardless of the animation. I'm also requesting the same thing for the raft sprite.

Credit for your work is implied. If you want a return favor for writing this script, PM me and let's chat! :)

_L_
01-09-2007, 02:26 AM
Unfortunately, directly modifying the display of Link's sprite doesn't sound very possible with the current scripting system.

Unless, of course, you made Link invisible and used the tile-drawing functions to put him back in...

Radien ZC
01-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Unfortunately, directly modifying the display of Link's sprite doesn't sound very possible with the current scripting system.

Unless, of course, you made Link invisible and used the tile-drawing functions to put him back in...

Shoot... and after *b* and I were agreeing that it sounded doable.

Well, if what you say is true, this has gone from simple to impossible. >_< I had thought it would be simple because of the "dungeon position fix" quest rule.