PDA

View Full Version : How to use Link->Fall

_L_
01-08-2007, 08:55 AM
(Edit: Obsolete code! Not present in the current version.)

* Negative values make Link jump up, whereas positive values make Link fall down.
* Fall can't increase higher than 320.
* Also, when you use the Roc's Feather, Fall is set to -320.

That is all.

beefster09
01-08-2007, 02:44 PM
So could you set fall to -720 or lower? I find that in overhead views, Link jumps too far and high, but in sideview areas, he doesn't jump high enough.

And also, could we have the Roc's Feather editable in this nature? (hint hint) I'm just talking about the fall in general.

_L_
01-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Yeah, maybe, if I'm in a good mood. (My personal "To do" list is looking pretty long already, though...)

P.S: Link jumps further in ZC than LA because Link already walks faster in ZC than LA.

P.P.S: Darn it, why did I call it "Fall"? I should've named that variable "Jump" and reversed the signs.

C-Dawg
01-09-2007, 01:38 PM
For now, we can manipulate fall indirectly by scripting an independent jumping code, and letting "fall" take over by gradually decreasing the power of the jump.

_L_, I have one more question regarding your jumping code. There appears to be some "snap to grid" functionality. If you walk south from a screen that does not have sideview onto a screen that DOES have sideview, the game will push you back to the top screen unless you're lined up with the 8x8 grid exactly. This is what I suspect makes the player zip to the top of the screen when they arive inside of a solid block from the south on a screen with the sideview gravity flag checked.

beefster09
01-09-2007, 07:08 PM
So does this mean we can have a piece of code that says Fall=-720 and it would make him jump?