PDA

View Full Version : Custom Enemy Ideas (You knew it was coming!)

idontknow
01-05-2007, 02:58 PM
So now that the Enemy Editor is here, let's list what custom enemies we are making for our own quests! State what you name this enemy, what the enemy type is, its step rate, its random rate, its hunger rate, it's homing rate, its damage rate, its weapon (if any), w. damage rate, HP, what weapons it's invulnerable to, and any other special characteristics.

Here's some examples of my own!

1) Shielded Rope: A rope enemy that charges at Link and is invulnerable from all sides except from the front. Be prepared to slash it as it is charging at Link right before it touches him!
--Type: Rope
--Hunger: 0
--Step Rate: 75 to 100
--Random Rate: 50
--Homing Rate: 150
--HP: 8
--Damage: 6

2) Wind Nut: A darknut that shoots wind projectiles.
--Type: Walking + Shooting
--Hunger: 1?
--Step Rate: 50
--Homing Rate: 50
--HP: 10
--Damage: 8
--Weapon: Whirlwind
--W. Damage: 2
--Invulnerable from the front like regular darknuts & invulnerable to all weapons except the sword & hammer

3) Skulltula: A fast, jumping spider with a hard shell for protection.
--Type: Tektike
--Step Rate: 150
--Random Rate: 150
--Homing Rate: 10
--Invulnerable from all sides except the back
--Can only be seen using the Lens of Truth

4) Crow: Flies about like a keese but much faster & can't be hurt by boomerangs.
--Type: Keese
--Hunger: 10
--Step Rate: 200
--Random Rate: 20
--Homing Rate: 20
--HP: 6
--Damage: 4
--Vulnerable to pretty much all weapons

5) Deku Scrub: Digs into the ground like a leever but shoots rocks like an octorok.
--Type: Leever
--Hunger: 50
--Step Rate: 20
--Random Rate: 10
--Homing Rate: 10
--Weapon: Rock
--W. Damage: 2
--Vulnerable to pretty much all weapons
*Because its type has to be a leever for its movement to be appropriate for digging, i'm not sure that it's also possible for it to shoot rocks right now*

6) Super Super Like Like: Its a like like that moves really fast!
--Type: Like Like
--Step Rate: 200
--Homing Rate: 100
--HP: 14
--Damage: 10

Shoelace
01-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Oh my God, so you can actually do this enemies with the new Enemy editor! *drools*

*b*
01-05-2007, 03:50 PM
1) Helmasaur
--Type: Rope
--Stop Rate: 50
--HP: 16
--Damage: 4
Vulnerable only from the back

That's... all I can think of at the moment...

jman2050
01-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Like I said, the invulnerability and weakness flags don't work yet. The system will probably change anyway.

Master_of_Power
01-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Custom Enemies you say?

Well, my first one here is a combination of simple scripting and 3 enemy sprites

Uses 3x3 tiles *if possible*
King Dodongo (walking)

--Type: Dodongo
--Stop Rate: 0
--HP: 12
--Projectile: Fire
--Weapon Damage:8

King Dodongo (resting)

--Type: Walker?
--Step Rate: 0
--HP: 12

King Dodongo (Rolling)

--Type: Walker?
--Step Rate: 150
--HP: Invincible/Invulnerable

<script portion>

As I'm not too good at scripting just yet, I can give a brief description of what needs to be done to make it work.

The script has to check whether the walking sprite of King Dodongo has been killed, and replaces that with the Resting variation. It leaves it sit for a number of tics, or until you kill that part, which then it goes into the rolling stage.

After it turns into the resting stage, if it wasn't killed, it doesn't add to the counter that checks if you done it enough to kill King Dodongo. if you do kill the resting stage, it adds 1.

After the rolling stage, it respawns the King Dodongo walking sprite and you do the whole thing one more time.

If the counter equals 2, King Dodongo is basicly dead.

The script itself seems a little less complicated than making a whole custom boss out of FFCs

C-Dawg
01-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Ah, well, you can't wait till the walking version has been killed. If so, the NPC will go away, and the pointer that you were using to look at it in the script will either (a) go to another NPC or (b) crash ZQuest. You need to check it's HP and switch it out for a new enemy when it's health is down far enough.

But I like the idea. With specailized vulnerabilities, you have a good grip on how to minimize your scripting to make enemies that require a "sequence" of hits to kill. For instance, the enemy's normal state requires being hit by a bomb to make it vulnerable (it's only weak to that weapon, when its hp drops at all, it's switched). Then the "vulnerable" version can be whacked for a bit, and it's HP will be saved in a variable. The enemy recovers, the process repeats, and when the enemy is stunned again, the old HP is re-loaded.

In fact, that's a DAMN good idea. I know what I'm tinkering with tonight.

Master_of_Power
01-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Hah! Thanks a lot C-Dawg, and I gotta see what comes of it!

Linkus
01-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Cucco, anyone?

Name: Cucco(normal)
HP:2
Type: Walking Enemy
Animation: 4-Frame 4-Dir(actually, it's 2-Frame 4-Dir, but it's not fully working at the moment)
Damage: 0
Random Rate: 16
Step Speed: 20
Frame Rate: 20
Hunger: 3(have fun)

Note: the cucco will not exactly function as the same in LttP. It can still hurt you and knock you back, but there will be no damage. I requested two new rules because of this.

If a script was set up to switch the normal cucco to the frantic cucco(just like in LttP), this would be the frantic cucco's settings:
Name: Cucco(Frantic)
HP:Infinite
Type: Walking Enemy
Animation: 4-Frame 4-Dir
Damage: 0
Homing Factor: -255. Unfortunately, the editor can't have this set; however, the effect would be that the Cucco would would run away from Link, I believe.
Step Speed: 40
Frame Rate: 40

I guess if you wanted to go even further, where that whole flock starts attacking you from nowhere, here's the Revenge Cucco's setup:
Name: Cucco(Revenge)
HP:Infinite
Type: Rock?
Animation: 4-Frame 4-Dir
Damage: 2
Homing Factor: 255
Step Speed: 20
Frame Rate: 20

That's all I can think of right now...

EDIT: Added some things.

_L_
01-06-2007, 07:03 AM
Summoners that summon Summoners that summon Patra 4's.

But seriously, here's my first idea:

ACHEMAN
A Moblin-like demon that Tribbles-up into a Bat, and the Bat eventually Tribbles-up into another Acheman.

(You can make enemies that grow into other enemies, right?)

Also, in NeoFirst there are going to be a lot of these:

CHAOS ZOL
* Moves very fast, but has a non-insignificant halt rate. Does 4 hearts' damage.
* Can only be harmed with Golden Arrows or the L4 sword.

I'm thinking of making these things be generated in increasing numbers depending on how much game time has elapsed since quest start.

One more idea:

CHAOS REAVER
* The Wizzrobe Tribbles-up into a Darknut which is invulnerable. Projectile and contact does 2 hearts' damage.
* The Darknut Tribbles-up into a Wizzrobe which is only vulnerable to the Golden Arrows or the L4 sword. Projectile and contact does 6 hearts' damage.

4matsy
01-07-2007, 03:22 AM
WIND OCTOROK BEEYOTCHEZ

http://www.filespace.org/4matsy/zc_newenemy_windoctorok.png

Modified fast octorok 3: gave him some more speed, health, homing, random, and firing rate (and obviously changed his weapon FOR GREAT ANNOYANCE).

...eh, I probably wouldn't use more than 2 or 3 of these in a quest. Even at long range it's quite hard to dodge all the tornadoes that're being spammed your way. :laughing:

Majora
01-15-2007, 03:15 PM
GARO MASTER

HP: 30-60
Type: Rope (or "Walker + Shooter")
weapon: fire (optional)
Animation:2x2; 4 frame 4 direction (if that means it uses 4 frames per direction)
Damage: 6-12
Random Rate: 8
Step Speed: 50? (whatever speed a dashing rope travels at +20)
Frame Rate: 4 or 16?
Homing factor: 200

Garo:
Hp:8-12
Type: Same as above (SaA)
Animation: 1x1, 2 frame 4 direction
Damage: 1-4
Random Rate: 4
Step Speed: 30
Frame rate: 2 or 4?
Homing Factor: 100

TWINMOLD:
Hp: 50-100
Type: Moldorm (or Lanmola)
Animation: Same as Moldorm (or lanmola) but 1X10 size
Damage: 4
random Rate: 255
step speed: 10
Frame Rate: However many the built-in moldorm/lanmola's use
Homing Factor: 50
Invulnerable from Left+ right
Vulnerable to sword only

Shadow Link:
Hp: 100 (or whatever you expect the player to have by the time they reach this enemy)
Type: Walker (or that one enemy that copied you in Link's awakening)
Animation:Darknut (Old)
Random Rate: 50-150
Step Speed: 60
Frame rate: 2-3
Homing Factor: 255
Invulnerable from front
Vulnerable to: Sword (Lv 2+), Din's Fire, Hammer, and Gold Arrows
I will try to create these in 2.5 build 116 and edit this post accordingly

sps999
04-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Is There A Way To Make It So ,Like In OOT, When You Kill A Floor Master (Custom Rope) It Would Split Into 2 Smaller Floor Masters. Then They Charge At You And Have A Like Like Affect.

Floor Master
---------------
Type: Rope Or Like Like
Frames:4 Frames 4 Directions
Hunger:0
Weopen:None
Step Speed:75?
Homing Factor:100
Random Rate:Hundred
Every Thing Else 0
Only Seen By Lens Of Truth (Optinal)

firecrystal
05-13-2007, 02:41 AM
Gatling Gunner:
Fires a spray of arrows in cardinal directions, usually towards Link. Bring your shield!
Type: Walker + Shooter
Weapon: Arrows, Swords if you don't want to be able to block them.
O. Tile: I used the center of a Gohma, but you could use a custom tile.
Animation: Depends on your tile.
HP:6
Damage:3
WP Damage:2
Random Rate:0
Halt Rate:16
Homing Factor: 100
Step Speed: 600
Misc 1: 1
Misc 2: 100
Misc 3: 2
Misc 4: 4

ShadowTiger
05-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Heh. I'd actually be more interested in a stationary Gatling Gun. It literally wouldn't move from the spot, but if you're aligned with it, it'd face you and start firing volley after volley of some projectile, as well as having that trademark flashfiring heated rotating gunmuzzle animation. (God I love that. <3)

Just need to figure out how to do such a thing. :p

C-Dawg
05-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Heh. I'd actually be more interested in a stationary Gatling Gun. It literally wouldn't move from the spot, but if you're aligned with it, it'd face you and start firing volley after volley of some projectile, as well as having that trademark flashfiring heated rotating gunmuzzle animation. (God I love that. <3)

Just need to figure out how to do such a thing. :p

Gun script. It's already done. Check out Script Showcase. You can modify it a little bit if you want it to not fire through walls or fire multiple projectiles.