PDA

View Full Version : Weapons & Trails in Enemy Editor

idontknow
01-05-2007, 12:37 PM
EDIT: I changed this thread to include additions & changes to the enemy editor in general, including additional properties & flags.

1. Is it possible to seperate trails & weapons in the enemy editor so that an enemy can have both? It seems that a Fire trail is an enemy's weapon. I would like to make an octorok that both leaves a trail of fire behind it & also shoots rocks forward. Right now this doesn't seem possible.

2. Perhaps have a drop-down menu for Weapon & a seperate drop-down for Trail. However, I can only think of one possible trail right now & that would of course be the fire trail as in my example. If this happens, then there also would need to be a seperate damage amount for each: The amount of damage the weapon does & the amount of damage the trail does. And perhaps finally the ability to change how fast the projectile is shot from the enemy & the duration of which the trail behind an enemy lasts.

3. Whether or not it shoots a projectile should be independent of how it moves. Right now an enemy can only shoot a projectile if it is of a certain type, such as Walking + Shooting. Since this is the case, it seems that we cannot have Peahats or Keese that shoot fireballs, or leevers that dig into the sand & then shoot swords once they surface. It'd be nice to sort of 'mix' enemies so that while they're movement is of one type, their projectile could be that of another. Another example: A 'Tektike' type (so it jumps around) that shoots Bombs towards Link.

4. Perhaps make "Breakable Shield" an option for each enemy, rather than an overall quest rule. This way, you can make some darknuts have a breakable shield & some not. If this option is checked for that enemy, then there must also of course be away to determine which tiles it assumes once the shield is broken.

5. In addition to invulnerability check boxes, check boxes that allow the enemy to reflect wand magic, sword beams, or arrows.

6. A drop down menu that allows you to pick which other enemy this enemy turns into upon being killed and how many (so you could make a custom Super Duper Darknut that splits into 5 Super Darknuts!) This would be known as the "Tribble Option" and its max. value could be 9.

7. A check box called "Killed With Ring Leader" or something of the sort: If checked, then this enemy disappears whenever the ring leader is killed, even if its an invincible enemy. If unchecked, it stays on the screen even when the Ring Leader is killed! This would of course be checked for all enemies by default.

8. Add a rate for how fast its weapon or projectile fires. This doesn't determine how often, but rather the velocity of the object itself. You could make a molbin that shoots arrows often but very slowly and another that shoots arrows very seldomly but when it does, they move very quickly!

9. Rather than have special attribute boxes, actually have what that special attribute is--even though that special attribute won't apply to every single enemy, it'd be nice to see what these attributes are while in the editor.

10. Not sure if this is already one of the special attributes, but the ability to choose what item an enemy steals when it is of the 'Like Like' type--so you could make additional Like Likes that steal rupees, bombs, keys, magic, health, etc. If its any of these, then it would continue to take away from the item's counter as Link continues to stay in its stomach until he defeats it from within.

redmage777
01-05-2007, 06:35 PM
I've played around with the editor a little, and have to agree about the "Seperate Movement and Projectile factor" Perhaps an option for "collision" as well (Like-Likes and Wall Masters that move like Ropes come to mind.)

Other Basic Attribute Ideas:
1: Aquatic- Can only move in water.
2: Digger- Can Burrow and Emerge from Soft Ground.
3: Plant- Can only Move in Softground.

Another idea I have is an Attribute that makes enemys stay away from Link (Negative Homing perhaps?)

The_Amaster
01-05-2007, 07:06 PM
I think for types, perhaps a list of check boxes, where you can pick and choose.

splattergnome
01-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Another idea I have is an Attribute that makes enemys stay away from Link (Negative Homing perhaps?)

Something like this would be useful for simulating the archers from Zelda III (and Four Swords Adventures) who moved away from Link to get out of his reach and shot at him - however, since it uses aiming and backwards walking, something like that might be more useful as a new enemy behavior / type.

splatty

redmage777
01-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Here are a few more ideas, that would prove most useful for doing custom bosses:

1. A "Damage only when Stunned" flag. This means that Link can only Hurt the monster while its Stuned.

2. HP to Stun(HPS)- A second Teir of HP that only Effects stunning the Enemy. When HPS = 0 the the monster is stunned. When the Monster Recovers this number is reset.

3. A set of "Stunned by <Item>" Flags. This is a List of Items that can effect the Monsters HPS.

4. "Freindly Fire " Flag This means the A particular enemy as the potential to harm other enemies (Imagine having to Trick a Boss's "Minion into shooting at you, and the dodging it so it hits the Boss instead, Or watching a moblin charge at Link, but take out a group octoroks in the process?)

This brings to mind how alot of the bosses in 3-D Zelda's work "Bring the Monster down with an item, and then Wack it with your sword afew times -- Repeat untill dead." Of course they have alot of potetial to make normal enemies more intresting as well.

C-Dawg
01-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Remember, alot of what you're all suggesting can now be done flawlessly using scripts...