PDA

View Full Version : Rule for projectiles that pass over some combo types

Radien ZC
01-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Currently, most 4-way projectiles disappear when they hit any unwalkable combo. However, with the new enemy editor in place, as well as all the new "Shooter" enemies from a previous beta, I think we need something to make these projectiles more useful.

My suggestion is for a quest rule which says "Projectiles pass over water and ladder/hookshot combos." It would affect spears, rocks, enemy swords, and similar projectiles.

It would also be nice if we had a projectile type that could travel in all directions, like fireballs, but still be blockable with a small shield. Currently there is none.

_L_
01-12-2007, 06:48 AM
Ideally, the drowning/bottomless pit combos would be implemented, and then you wouldn't need this rule.

Radien ZC
01-14-2007, 09:43 AM
If projectiles pass over them, then great. :) I have some questions about how drowning will work with relation to "water" properties, but that's for a different topic and a different day. Thanks.

redmage777
01-14-2007, 02:17 PM
How far are we from Drowning/Bottomless pits are we anyway? If its in the next full version then fine. If not then perhaps a Quest Rule that simply allows all projectiles to pass through all combo unless block flags are set up. Arrows do this already if I remeber right. (Some one was making a big deal about arrow going through dungeion walls a while back.)

I guess "Rock 2" would be a good name for the Blockable fireballs, The Rocks are already round, so it should be a simple matter of changing the fireball to be blocked by all sheilds.

Radien ZC
01-14-2007, 11:44 PM
How far are we from Drowning/Bottomless pits are we anyway? If its in the next full version then fine. If not then perhaps a Quest Rule that simply allows all projectiles to pass through all combo unless block flags are set up. Arrows do this already if I remeber right. (Some one was making a big deal about arrow going through dungeion walls a while back.)

I guess "Rock 2" would be a good name for the Blockable fireballs, The Rocks are already round, so it should be a simple matter of changing the fireball to be blocked by all sheilds.

Enemy spears/arrows go through anything; rocks are blocked by any unwalkable combo. They don't really pay attention to combo type... just walk flags.

I figure it'd be better to wait for the newer version of an old function than to have a "while you're waiting" flag for the older version.