PDA

View Full Version : Enemy Item Drop List editor: easy?

_L_
01-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Everybody wants it, but nobody's mentioned it. It seems a logical continuation now that we have the Enemy Editor.

I think this could be implemented fairly quickly, provided that we don't allow the creation or deletion of Item Drop Lists, or the renaming of Item Drop Lists. What do you guys think?

Also, we should convert the hard-coded "Bush/Tall Grass item drops" into an Item Drop List, allowing people to reduce the heart/rupee output of these combos.

CJC
01-05-2007, 01:09 AM
I think you should work on it, but don't implement it until after ZC 2.5.

If you keep using all these cool ideas, you're going to run out of mojo and there'll be nothing else to release!

Also, it'd be best just to wait a little while. It's easier to find the bugs of a new feature when you know the bugs from the older features are already fixed.

So I give you a 'Yes', but with a 'Wait' attached.

jman2050
01-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Item drop editor was already planned. The enemy editor is really incomplete without it.

idontknow
01-05-2007, 01:30 AM
I fully agree! We'd be missing something without this! I specifically am making a custom Rupee worth 2 rupees--i would like it if this could be dropped just about as often as regular rupees from enemies.

ShadowTiger
01-05-2007, 12:18 PM
It would really be a difficult thing to do to add those "ed243" (etc - "ed" = enemy drop) lists to the list of droppables?

*b*
01-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Definitly, again for the bush/tall grass/flower drop lists. Custom items don't drop unless you force them to, so that would be really helpful

splattergnome
01-05-2007, 08:07 PM
It might even be worth thinking about allowing more than one type of item drop list for the flower/bush/pot/whatever - since a designer might want to make a certain item drop list delivering hearts and fairies in a beginning area, and maybe less hearts and more bombs in another (where more hidden cave are, for example - the bombs being a hint). It would also make the custom rupee and heart items finally useful. :)